The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Okay, lets hear your 'stupid moments' !!!

Muffleman

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an accident, I was doing a display whilst standing on a chair whilst some bothersome tyke whinged on about something or other. Anyway turned and clenched the hand with the gun in it, took a glancing shot to the stones. Kid winced as I plucked the staple out. no serious damage done:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

had a stupid moment this saturday...

I was washing the car, getting it nice and shiny. Opened up the engine bay to give it a wipe, not that it needed it.

You can guess whats coming next. Standing to the side of the car i was polishing some bit (dunno the technical word for 'that bit with a load of pipes coming out of it') and i hit my head on the underside of the bonnet, so i instanly ducked :blink: head butted the wheel arch and gave my self a nose bleed!

Anyone else hurt themselves on their own Supe?

Gym lesson at school using weights and sitting astride a bench. The gym teacher walks past, nods and then sniggering she walks off and out of the room. After carrying on pumping iron and admiring my efforts in the long mirror opposite, I then notice the errant testicle that has popped out of the gym shorts and must have been getting aired for at least 15 minutes.

Guest Escobar

I to drink and to lead and almost killed one pedestrian . I to be in jail for three year .now I not to drink .I to more have to find that and stupid people only ignorante to drink heavy illegal alcohol .

I to drink and to lead and almost killed one pedestrian . I to be in jail for three year .now I not to drink .I to more have to find that and stupid people only ignorante to drink heavy illegal alcohol .

so basically, you nearly killed someone because you were drunk, were caught, jailed, freed and now your soaber (spell check) and think that poeple that are like the way you use to be are stupid....capiche!:)

• 5 weeks later...

Had one today im afraid:

Agreed to help a mate sort his car out (a Golf, not a supra). It wasnt looked after by its previous owner and he got it dirt cheap but figured we had better give it a damn good service before anything else so that was the plan today including full change of brakes etc.

Anyhoo, set about on full oil and filter change. Drained the oil, no probs, then it came to getting the old filter off. Now the last (recorded) service on this car was 60k ago so looking at the filter, it was very rusted around the top and we knew it would be fairly well stuck on. Got the filter wrench and had a go...wasnt for budging at all. Tried the screwdriver through the filter trick....still not budging, Tried the wrench again and managed to turn it about a quarter turn but literally fuc*ed the filter doing it, the bottom has completely caved in.

Eventually give up for the night when it seems it wouldnt budge another inch. Put a post on one of the golf forums and it seems we have been trying for 3 hours to turn it the wrong way!!!!!!! We "assumed" that like everything it would unscrew anti-clockwise but suposedly its the opposite because they are fitted upside down.

Feel like a right lemon.

Guest gzaerojon

a few years back i spent all weekend changing the gearbox on my rs turbo. got it all fitted and was pretty chuffed.

went to drive it.... complete rubish, seemed worse than the old one.

following weekend took the gearbox out and went back to the breakers and had a right barney at them, they insisted that it wasn't the box they sold me.

(can't believe there pulling this one on me)

got home to realise they were right, so i spent a whole weekend removing a fcuked gearbox, then just bolting it back on.... the new (second hand) box just sat there the whole time :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
. Put a post on one of the golf forums and it seems we have been trying for 3 hours to turn it the wrong way!!!!!!! We "assumed" that like everything it would unscrew anti-clockwise but suposedly its the opposite because they are fitted upside down.

Feel like a right lemon.

Feel lucky that it was only a Golf you've done it on... I spent about an hour and a half trying to get a fuel filter housing off a GE90 turbofan engine and succeeded in seizing the housing onto the fuel controller.... 4 men, a 1.5inch diameter wrench and an 8ft long scoffold pole later we managed to prise the little bas*ard off.... oh, and that engine costs about $12 million... I managed to breath again after it came off.

We may all just be human, but it doesn't mean we can all be thick...

Just been to the loo.

Sat down, done my biz and started to wash my hands.

Now the sink is low for Wheelchair users and the hot air dryer is right above the sink. Push dispenser for the soap to the right of the dryer.

Now there isn't a plug, so we just leave the water running, water cannot flow away fast enought, so the water level slowly builds up.

Washed my hands once and rinsed then, so now theres soapy water in the bowl making soap suds.

I go to grab some more soap, but hit the dryer instead.

This doesn't mix well and I now have a small fountain of bubbles shooting out of the sink. Not filling the room, but they are going 4 to 5 foot in the air.

Have to let the dryer finish as I cannot get close without getting wet or bubbled.

Once it's stopped, finished up laughing to myself, open the door and there's the cleaner waiting to go in. :blush:

She prob thought I was a lout or something as the toilet was a little damp after that:D

a few years back i spent all weekend changing the gearbox on my rs turbo. got it all fitted and was pretty chuffed.

went to drive it.... complete rubish, seemed worse than the old one.

following weekend took the gearbox out and went back to the breakers and had a right barney at them, they insisted that it wasn't the box they sold me.

(can't believe there pulling this one on me)

got home to realise they were right, so i spent a whole weekend removing a fcuked gearbox, then just bolting it back on.... the new (second hand) box just sat there the whole time :blush:

That story bought a little tear to my eye, half in laughter but half in feeling your pain.

just pulled a right numpty

Redoing my office at home and the previous owner had routed the phone cable for the room all up the stairs over the door frames etc and it looked bloody ugly so thought i know i will route it under the floor boards,made a lovely job off it and was well chuffed so nailed the floor boards back feeling good for my afternoons work so as a treat to myself thought i would go play with the supra.

Anyways go moaned at as she wanted the new glass panel fitted over the loo door so went out to the garage to grab the sealent gun etc etc

Started securing the panel into place when i heard the wailing banchee from downstairs "what the fuck u doing" what you on about women, well there a drip in the kitchen to which i responed well you probably knocked something over you silly tart, its getting worse so i go downstairs to find a steady drip from the celing "what the fuck" i thought so ran upstairs pulled the floor up and was greated with a jet off water in the eye,YES i had nailed through the bloody central heating pipe BOLLOCKS!!!!!!gets on the phone to my mate who is a plummer and he flys stright round.

So after my celing in the kitchen has come down and he made the repairs it seems i had managed to hit both pipes bloody would not been able to do that again if i tried hahahahahahahaha