The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Okay, lets hear your 'stupid moments' !!!

Muffleman

LMAO!!!

......... Unfortunately the bubble wrap wasn’t the only thing that was pulled out!

Yep,..right infront of the boss he accidentally pulls out his little chap.

Wasn’t funny at the time but after the embarrassment I couldn't stop laughing.

FPMSL!!! :D

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working on a piece of aircraft equipment while "live" 200v 3 phase - with a metal watch on - touched the power supply with watch "kaboom" destroyed £100k of equipment, the test set - knocked me over. but the watch was OK. I now have a watch with a rubber strap.

I was 17 and just started learning to drive. One evening my mother said I could drive her car to collect our old lad from work. I reversed the car partway down the street into the front of a car owned by a visitor to a neighbour. I was made to quickly get out of the car and she went to collect my stepfather by herself.

At the time I was working at an insurance brokers, the next morning the bloke came in for claim form. I stayed at the very back of the office and very very quiet.

It was the last time I was ever to drive one of my mothers cars. She took the blame & lost her NCB. I did learn my lesson though :D

working on a piece of aircraft equipment while "live" 200v 3 phase - with a metal watch on - touched the power supply with watch "kaboom" destroyed £100k of equipment, the test set - knocked me over. but the watch was OK. I now have a watch with a rubber strap.

F88king hell youre even worse than the plumber I just used

50 :tongue:

I was 17 and just started learning to drive. One evening my mother said I could drive her car to collect our old lad from work. I reversed the car partway down the street into the front of a car owned by a visitor to a neighbour. I was made to quickly get out of the car and she went to collect my stepfather by herself.

At the time I was working at an insurance brokers, the next morning the bloke came in for claim form. I stayed at the very back of the office and very very quiet.

It was the last time I was ever to drive one of my mothers cars. She took the blame & lost her NCB. I did learn my lesson though :D

Haha you've reminded me of one, from when I was a lot younger. This guy had a shed of a Polonez FSO, the starter motor was held in by a wheelbrace and it sparked every time he started it. Once day it gave up the ghost so we hadda push start it. As I was the youngest and weediest I got the job of driver, the other two pushed. We charged down the village street and I dumped the clutch as instructed and it started, hurrah. At that point I remembered I was 14 and didn't know how to drive.

-Ian

This is really humilating, ugh........well..here it goes

At my school I was wearing my basketball shorts like usall on those hot cali days, and my friends thought it would be funny to pull down my pants as well as my boxers in front of everyone at lunch when everyone was in the halls :( . So they pantsed me as well as my boxers and there I was without anything cover my big johnny in front of everyone god I fucking beat the shit out of them

This is really humilating, ugh........well..here it goes

At my school I was wearing my basketball shorts like usall on those hot cali days, and my friends thought it would be funny to pull down my pants as well as my boxers in front of everyone at lunch when everyone was in the halls :( . So they pantsed me as well as my boxers and there I was without anything cover my big johnny in front of everyone god I fucking beat the shit out of them

i read this as.....

You'll laugh at this, but i cryed....well here i go

I was at school wearing my tight little shorts, coz i like too. When my so called friend decided he wanted to try on my shorts. Next thing i know he is ripping them off me to only get up to find he has taken my boxer shorts too.:limp: so there i was stood naked and my maggot was blowing in the wind, sufface to say i started to cry and wee'd myself and have not been back to school since

Just my version mate :D

P.s thats get back for the sig :D :p

Keep em coming guys.

This is one of the best threads in ages!!!!

I am sure I have done more embarrassing things but this is one of my most recent!

I was with a girlfriend in her car and she stopped to put some petrol in the car. It was a windy night and she had a bill in the door pocket of her car. Just as she got in and went to close the door the bill with her address details etc flew off and picked up pace in the wind and landed at the other side of a busy road.

I thought to myself I that I'll be a hero and I could get it, forgetting for a minute that I had pulled a muscle in my leg playing football the day before. So I lept out of the car (letting out a yelp as the shooting pain shot up my leg!!!) and went to cross the busy road. I safely navigated the road and went to pick up the bill. So bending down (causing more pain again) to pick it up, got a couple of inchs away and a big gust of wind shifted it again!!!!

"B@stard!" I thought as it landed a few feet away. So over I went this time deciding that I would put my foot on it this time. Got there and went to plant my foot, and low and behold the damned thing shot off again just as I put my foot down.

By this time there were a few people watching, unbeknown to me as now this was getting personal!

Went over to it again and it shot off again. It was like the damned thing was possessed. This time though it really took flight down the road. In hindsight I should have just thought fcuk it and left it but off I set running (ooh the pain) after this bill for a good 100m stopping every so often to try and stand on it.

Finally it stopped in the middle of the road in a bit of a puddle, I thought that I defo had it this time then...........................................

a wagon came past over it, flicked it into the air and then it stuck to the front of the car following it!!!!!

I had been defeated and humiliated. As I trudged back to the car, which had been following me down the road, I got in and the girlfriend was in tears with laughter, and proceeded to tell anyone that would listen for the next few days about this stupid bill!

Lesson learnt - Dont try to catch paper in the wind, there will only be one winner!!!

Cheers

J4CK50N

Glad I've never done anything stupid to share...

...unless you count leaving my keys turned in the ignition (doors auto locked) and then reaching in through the only open window to see if I can press the window up button and withdraw my hand without getting it caught in the window. Turns out you can. Turns out exactly 2 seconds later it dawns on you why you shouldn't. Especially in front of everybody at the Supra stand at Santa Pod, with the only other key fob 100 miles away. :innocent:

:looney:

...unless you count leaving my keys turned in the ignition (doors auto locked) and then reaching in through the only open window to see if I can press the window up button and withdraw my hand without getting it caught in the window. Turns out you can. Turns out exactly 2 seconds later it dawns on you why you shouldn't. Especially in front of everybody at the Supra stand at Santa Pod, with the only other key fob 100 miles away.
It's going to take you a while to live that one down!

It's probably worrying that most of my 'moments' include petrol :rolleyes: But here's another.

My missus and I used to go camping in the new forest, I'm far too keen on my comforts now for this sort of escapade but it was a laugh at the time. Anyway, I remember getting ready to start the bbq and these two student-y looking types had pitched their little 2man tent near ours. There they were with their single gas ring encouraging their tin of baked beans to warm up. PAH - that's not how you get dinner going !

So I pull out my barby, charcoal, portable blow torch and.......small glass jar of, er, lighter fluid :eyebrows:

Now I'm sure BBQ's shouldn't be ready to cook in 20seconds, but mine was. Unfortunatly, so was the table that caught light over two feet away :eek:

Cue me tearing across the campsite to the tap and back :D and a very 'unimpressed' look from the pleasure prevention officer :rolleyes:

Matt

The alarm on one of my old Renault 5 turbo's had an anti-hihjack feature on it. One morning I turned the alarm off, opened the door, put the keys into the ignition and started the car and shut the door (i was standing out side of the car), when I just remembered the anti-hijack bit. Just as I went the open the door, the bloody thing locked its self, with the engine running!!! And to top it off the spare alarm fob was in the glove box of the car!

Thought of another one - I've drilled loads of holes into walls and bits of wood over the years with an electric drill, but only last year I had just finished drilling a hole in a wall and for some reason thought 'I wonder if drill bits get hot drilling holes?'

Naturally rather than testing it by quickly dabbing a finger on the end I firmly grasped the whole drill but with my fingers.

Today I can confirm that drill bits do get very f*cking hot indeed after drilling holes.

I've done the putting window up with keys in the ignition.

Luckily it was at my mates house. Was chatting away, just put the T-bars back on the MR2 as it was getting cold. Anyways put the T-bars on and then on autopilot pressed the window button.

As soon as I had done it I realised what I had done, and then everything ran in slow motion (in a film style).

After running round wondering what to do I decided no probs I'll go home and get my spare fob. Only problem was when I got back the second fob would not overide the one in the car due to the car running (bloody Clifford!!! :D)

So in the end had to get the old metal coathanger and spend the next 20-30mins trying to press the central locking button.

Finally got it done, much to the amusement of my mates parents who remind me every once in a while how dense I can be for such a supposedly bright lad!!! :D

I once had a Astra 1.6 which some how one day had a problem with a HT lead, as in it kept popping off. So of course one day it did it and i pulled over, with the engine still on, and proceeded to plug it back in. OMG :eek: all i can say is i got the shock of my life and my hair stood up for days. The worse thing is that the same thing happened less than a week later. So what do i do?? Pull over, engine still on, plug the lead back in and...... yes, electrocuted twice :twak:. You would've thought i'd have learnt m lesson with the shock from the first one. Plus my right hand was no good for a week. :tongue:

Keep em coming guys.

This is one of the best threads in ages!!!!

I am sure I have done more embarrassing things but this is one of my most recent!

I was with a girlfriend in her car and she stopped to put some petrol in the car. It was a windy night and she had a bill in the door pocket of her car. Just as she got in and went to close the door the bill with her address details etc flew off and picked up pace in the wind and landed at the other side of a busy road.

I thought to myself I that I'll be a hero and I could get it, forgetting for a minute that I had pulled a muscle in my leg playing football the day before. So I lept out of the car (letting out a yelp as the shooting pain shot up my leg!!!) and went to cross the busy road. I safely navigated the road and went to pick up the bill. So bending down (causing more pain again) to pick it up, got a couple of inchs away and a big gust of wind shifted it again!!!!

"B@stard!" I thought as it landed a few feet away. So over I went this time deciding that I would put my foot on it this time. Got there and went to plant my foot, and low and behold the damned thing shot off again just as I put my foot down.

By this time there were a few people watching, unbeknown to me as now this was getting personal!

Went over to it again and it shot off again. It was like the damned thing was possessed. This time though it really took flight down the road. In hindsight I should have just thought fcuk it and left it but off I set running (ooh the pain) after this bill for a good 100m stopping every so often to try and stand on it.

Finally it stopped in the middle of the road in a bit of a puddle, I thought that I defo had it this time then...........................................

a wagon came past over it, flicked it into the air and then it stuck to the front of the car following it!!!!!

I had been defeated and humiliated. As I trudged back to the car, which had been following me down the road, I got in and the girlfriend was in tears with laughter, and proceeded to tell anyone that would listen for the next few days about this stupid bill!

Lesson learnt - Dont try to catch paper in the wind, there will only be one winner!!!

Cheers

J4CK50N

#

I am crying here....

A few years ago I parked in a local multi-storey car park. Thought I'd check so see if I was in the lines.... and summoning all my strength went to launch my head and shoulders out the window.... which was closed.

I'm suprised the glass didn't break I headbutted it so hard. Hurt like a b**stard.