The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought myself a winter project

johnd-mkiv

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it! Cant wait to see this when its done. its going to be great. Im selling some 880 cc injectors if your interested john?

Question, sorry if i missed it. What turbo is it and what size?

ive got some 650's will do me for now :) cheers though

running a t67 cant remember the full spec of the turbo but ill post up when i do 500-600 will be nice :D

the car will be road legal and hopefully doing a few track days and runs up santa pod

• 3 weeks later...

:D Myself an Dave have been throwing some hours into this car the past 3 weeks, Dave has been working on shaping the arches, sorting out the sunroof, prepping the outside of the car up and pushing me out the snow :D while my job been the inside, prep an paint the roll cage then make a start on prepping the inside and engine bay for paint.

My boss had a 3 week holiday booked so me an Dave had that time to get it in primer before he comes back an throws it out the workshop :) its come along way now I can start to get the eye for what it will look like finished. The workshops looking nice and white too :D

Next stage will be more prepping ready for the top coat, with Daves help it wont take long:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
:D Myself an Dave have been throwing some hours into this car the past 3 weeks, Dave has been working on shaping the arches, sorting out the sunroof, prepping the outside of the car up and pushing me out the snow :D while my job been the inside, prep an paint the roll cage then make a start on prepping the inside and engine bay for paint.

My boss had a 3 week holiday booked so me an Dave had that time to get it in primer before he comes back an throws it out the workshop :) its come along way now I can start to get the eye for what it will look like finished. The workshops looking nice and white too :D

Next stage will be more prepping ready for the top coat, with Daves help it wont take long:thumbs:

Only just spotted the updated pics! Looks mental :)

Another update myself an dave have thrown a load more hours at it to get it to what it is now after i painted an wrapped the rollcage in paper I spent agesssss rubbing down the inside ready for paint

My intentions was to paint the inside white then hammerite the footwells but after chatting with dave decided to paint the whole thing white. Painting the inside was a pain in the arse with the roll cage fitted but im pleased with the end results.

Dave has done an amazing job prepping, checking an rubbing down the out side, has been really good to see this car come along step by step being able to ask questions and alter things instead of getting the car done an finnished none the wiser :thumbs: yesterday was the big day Dave ordered the Audi R8 white in final checks were made an he began to paint the car :cool:

Spent ages getting all the tape and paper off the car and roll cage but the end result looks the tits really happy with it Daves done a top notch job, the pic quality is not the best but once flatted an polished and all finnished ill get some high res pics done :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

another update all my spare times going into this at the moment but enjoying every minute of it

Ive cleaned, painted and fitted all the following thats taken me ages, door seals, window trim boot lid, front scuttle, pedal box, steering columb, brake servo, aero fuel cap.

Dave has take the rear lights an smoked the top of them then buffed them up they are like new now :cool: and the wide arch is starting to look mental

Next big job was to make up the Lexan windows, I spent 2 hours making a hard board pattern for the rear screen cutting an shaping so it was a perfect fit. I measured equal pitched holes then drilled and counter sunk the lexan to allow me to bolt the screen in, the window was then offered up the the car an drilled into the window frame

I then painted a 2" black strip on the inside of the window to break it up abit

seated on a bead of silicone then bolted in using 5mm stainless countersunk bolts

Next job was making up the rear quarter windows I wanted the same look as the rear so used the same prosess to make these up

I removed all the front end stripped it down and painted it all then fitted the poly bushes

front screen fitted, trims along the doors sculpted to meet the arches painted then bonded on. rear brake lines made up then run through to the front along with new copper fuel lines, rear inner arches sealed up the painted along with the disks and calipers, just in time for daves freshly painted bootlid :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments, another update for you all

The next big job was to fit the engine and gearbox, I had to install the 650cc injectors into the rail befor I fitted the engine to the car

all new copper fuel lines have been made up ive installed an aeromotive FPR made up and fitted all the brake lines made up some ally stone guards to allow the larger disks to cool with a force air feed in the back

ive installed the Cobra seats with my custome made seat runners

spent over a day on each front window trying to get the contour right the Lexan is a pain in the arse to work with, made up some ally window runners to allow a slide window set up as the front windows will remain fixed. Fitted some m3 mirrors too, The doors now weigh 15kg each

ive made up a custom ally gearbox tunnel and fire wall

The rear bumper has now been fitted and dave has flatted and polished the carbon spoiler, i managed to get the spoiler brackets powder coated and fitted it all using stainless bolts

just started fabricating the exhaust system up from stainless trying to keep it as light and symple as possible

This is how the car looks now the pictures dont do it justice once the cars all finnish an been polished ill gets some hight res pics uploaded