Influx of 'Boy Racers' into the club?

Sheefa

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am actually quite saddened by some of the responses in this thread, to me they show a marked disregard for a diverse group of peoples abilities, to the point of callousness and discrimination, and unfortunately there seems to be rather a lot of that sort of attitude here.

I was going to further explain, but you know, i really don't think its worth it! :(

I am actually quite saddened by some of the responses in this thread, to me they show a marked disregard for a diverse group of peoples abilities, to the point of callousness and discrimination, and unfortunately there seems to be rather a lot of that sort of attitude here.

I was going to further explain, but you know, i really don't think its worth it! :(

It's been nice sharing the forum with you, I'm sorry you didn't feel like you could stay any longer.

Oh i'm still here Michael, believe me you would never be a reason to leave, despite your valiant attempts to be a prize ****

Where did I suggest that I might be the reason for you going? You just seem so down, so disgruntled with the way things are, I presumed you'd had enough and would be moving on for your own sanity.

My bad.

Lets be honest,

This sites overall membership is (i could be wrong ) over 30`s and some in there 40`s and here and there older,

I feel certain that anyone under the age of 21 nowadays has had an upbringing that is so very different from when the majority of the above age groups had there education,

slang is so very popular now,and some younger people just dont take grammar as importantly.

So - maybe its just an unfortunate sign of the times.

Edited by Darren-K
editied due to bad grammar. (see edit history)

We simply ask that people string a sentence together the way they were taught in school. Nobody in this country should have gone through childhood without being in school. If they left school without the ability to write a sentence (but can quite obviously read to be able to get on the forum) then they need to obtain literacy skills and not spend their time reading crap on the internet.

Reading and writing are essential skills in a civilised society. Those that have difficulties with writing know it and will make an effort. Those that have no difficulty but just can't be arsed I have no time for.

Not everybody uses the same complicated words that I do, but it's not about that. It's about those who write like they have verbal diarrhoea. The words just stream down on to the page with no real thoughts about what they are saying.

Take the word Diarrhoea I used above. I didn't know how to spell it so I went and looked it up. Imagine that.

I will continue to fight for decent spelling, grammar and punctuation on this forum. I do not want to spend my time reading poorly written drivel from idiots who spend their life txting their mates and living the life of a chav.

There are many intelligent members of the forum who are fed up with the way the forum is going, so much so that they lose interest in their cars and eventually walk away.

So, I will continue to belittle the people who cannot string a sentence together. They cant just breeze through life expecting people to make exceptions for them. I continue to improve my literacy skills by reading, doing crosswords, logic puzzles, talking to intelligent people about what they are doing with their life. I strive to improve myself, the bottom feeders dont and they are not welcome here. That might be seen as elitist, but I won't bring myself down to their level when Im happy where I am.

Thats my last statement in this thread. I dont think I could be any clearer.

JB

So, I will continue to belittle the people who cannot string a sentence together. They cant just breeze through life expecting people to make exceptions for them. I continue to improve my literacy skills by reading, doing crosswords, logic puzzles, talking to intelligent people about what they are doing with their life. I strive to improve myself, the bottom feeders dont and they are not welcome here. That might be seen as elitist, but I won't bring myself down to their level when Im happy where I am.

Amen to that :)

As above, the reason why this forum is so appealing is that it seems to have the balance just right it terms of freedom of speech and control of content, I find myself sitting in front of the Tv watching the depressing soaps with the missus and know I will get a laugh on here while also discussing cars, and more to the point Supra's, shame if it changed IMO

That's b*llocks.

If our Polish, Danish and Swedish members have a fairly good grasp of our language, then all the people born in this country have no excuses, the only discrimination are against the thick, allowances are made to those who clearly do not have English as their first language or have severe learning difficulties.

That's b*llocks.

If our Polish, Danish and Swedish members have a fairly good grasp of our language, then all the people born in this country have no excuses, the only discrimination are against the thick, allowances are made to those who clearly do not have English as their first language or have severe learning difficulties.

That just serves to illustrate an example of the attitudes that i'm talking about.

There are many intelligent members of the forum who are fed up with the way the forum is going, so much so that they lose interest in their cars and eventually walk away.

No disrespect, but have you also considered it could be the sometimes negative and petty mentality that underlies this forum which drives members away?

It's a difference of opinion thought isn't it; is asking people to put coherent sentences together asking too much?

And consider, what sorts of people would be driven away by:

- a general lack of proper English & grammar, versus

- the requests for the use of proper English & grammar

As the forum has a history of the latter, and because that history has resulted in a flipping good place to be (IMHO, and because of it's membership, above all else), I support Branner's views and ideals on this matter.

Ultimately however - it matters not - it's his place, and he makes the rules. I doubt any discussion on the matter would change his mind. ;)