The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's wrong with your Supra?

AndrewOW

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, I'll help you out with it, I've seen it sitting on the drive for ages. First off, raise it a bit, or find a stock bumper to fit to it. The road it's in is surrounded on all sides by speed bumps, that front that's on it won't last 5 mins.

We'll service it, change all the fluids, give it a proper clean and the love will soon come back.

Now that is club spirit...:)

I will live:D

Just may delay your next extravagant purchase........or maybe not..:D

H.

Now that is club spirit...:)

H.

We're all like that round this way, a couple of days ago I drove past Supraturbochris's house and saw him working on someone elses supra on his drive, I pulled up and lent a hand until it was too dark to work :D......so then we set the J-spec flare off for fun (and to help us see obviously ), only left when my wife summoned me home.

Trig, let us know when it's good for you, stock up on hob nobs, tea and cakes, and we'll come running :thumbs:

We're all like that round this way, a couple of days ago I drove past Supraturbochris's house and saw him working on someone elses supra on his drive, I pulled up and lent a hand until it was too dark to work :D......so then we set the J-spec flare off for fun (and to help us see obviously ), only left when my wife summoned me home.

The NW lot are similar but they always insist on sexual favours after you help them.....:blink::D

H.

1. It's not a turbo lol

2. Passenger headlight fills with water (2nd headlight to do so)

3. Damage to underside of passenger rear spat and skirt

4. TRD spoiler needs it's threads doing as 2 bolts are loose as hell (spoiler moves slightly if touched)

5. Unsightly repair on bonnet

6. Needs lowering a little bit more on the front to match the rear end

7. Ghost rattles from the rear occasionally

8. Alloys need replacing/refurbing

Other than that I love her to bits! :)

My gearbox didn't survive the extra gains in horsepower from going BPU, it lasted only for two days, the performed dyno run went through very well, but the day after she :(went.(W58)

At the moment the supra is at the garage where she's waiting for a 6-speed getrag conversion.

Where to start.....

Needs a bloody good clean, a few extremely minor dents need removing, a full respray (coming soon), a full service, new wheels (i really dont like the look of mine), new headunit (still stock), new speakers (still stock), exhaust is corroded from the bottom - needs patching up/replacing.

Needs new brakes...everything getting a bit rusty down there. Possibly a clutch, there is a squeaking noise coming from headlight where i managed to lose one of the nuts that secure it (only held in by 2 nuts atm) bloody spiders thinking its a damn family reunion and having a party and building their homes all over the place. Dash could do with a respray to get it looking perfect, HID's need fitting. Need to get it Mot'd and back on the road.

Pro's:

Even after 16 years, despite not being washed for about a month (and being an NA)...it still looks like a beast! :)

My air con has been bust for about 2 years, replaced the condenser but there must be a leak somewhere else. My mate keeps saying he will test it for me, but I haven't managed to pin him down to it yet.

Oil level sensor is buggered - warning light stays on most of the time but goes off when you boot it past 4k rpm.

Oil pressure sensor wiring needs replacing as its fried.

Delimiter is buggered - the odo & speedo conversion works, but the limiter is still active.

Since replacing the heater matrix and re-connecting a broken wire from the delimiter, I'm now getting intermittent engine warning light and the power steering goes really light for a few minutes, usually at motorway speeds.

Power steering pump started screaming this morning, that'll get looked at over the weekend.

I have a Tein EDFC that's been wanting fitted for at least 3 years. The one time when I had everything apart to do the heater matrix in my dad's garage, I forgot all about the bloody thing until we'd put everything back together.

A pair of component rear speakers and EL Glo dials have also been in the flat for god knows how long waiting to be fitted.

Unfortunately, due to the Supra being my daily driver and working away from home all week, I have sod all time to actually do anything that isn't absolutely vital if I want to see my other half in the 2.5 days I'm home.

• 1 month later...
Guest suprageek

ive an annoying vibrating noise coming from the drivers side door or somewhere around where the seatbelt comes out, driving me nuts!

anyone know how to fix it?

I have a small paint scratch on front where an idiot hit me

My brakes have started making weird noises when engaged - but only after a few miles - arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Bought a replacement HID bulb and now they don't match

My speakers have blown - and need a new HU

I need a good service

I am behind the wheel

Wow, writing this makes me cry.

Edited by TonytotheB (see edit history)

ive an annoying vibrating noise coming from the drivers side door or somewhere around where the seatbelt comes out, driving me nuts!

anyone know how to fix it?

Have you tried closing the door? ;)

Mine now has an expensive lighting problem, and some extra scratches on the front wing, and I have no idea where they have come from! :(

Mine has a fundamental part of the driving experience missing. The engine.

While the past six years of ownership have been relatively kind to me in terms of servicing (the odd rad, steering pump, crank pulley, water pump etc), the oil pump was fading fast and popped the front main seal.

So the engine's out, having a full rebuild right now. Pretty 'wrong' by anyone's standards :D

Other than that, rear feels loose around fast bends, likely to be droplink bush failure. I think the NSR wheel bearing is on its way too.

Passenger sideskirt suffered an epic parking fail when I had the space-saver on.

And it's an auto.

Perfect otherwise. :)