The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's wrong with your Supra?

AndrewOW

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on this. I spent 4 hours today taking out all the panels, speaker housing, ICE boot build and the rear seats out of the rear passenger quarter to locate the source of the annoying rattle.

Well after a few test drives with it all out, and checking the tightness of the stuff still there, I've now come to the conclusion its something to do with the suspension!

I don't know what that means, but the slight rattle is definitely metal against metal, and there wasn't anything left still attached to that area that I couldn't remove easily, including the rear seat belt guide.

I took a couple of photos of the area (before I took everything else I could get to out!):

After all that, its still rattling! HELP :Pling:

wheels need a refurb.

theres a knocking noise at the back when i break.

needs a new carpet (has worn near the peddles).

Since having boost gauge installed the dash lights wont turn on until the side lights are on.

cap doesnt fit too well on expansion tank.

It always needs some part/s replaced but as they are never cheap, I have to put up with the problem until finances allow it to be fixed. Its my only car too.

Currently need new set of coilovers :rolleyes:

New fr anti-roll bar links to be fitted at same time as coil overs.

New fr brake disks to be fitted.

Lacquer lifting and blistering on wheels, need new set as polished lip cant be removed for refurb :fool:

= not enjoying these last few months at all :cry:

Edited by turbonut (see edit history)

After driving to the Welsh meet and back I've smashed the plastic undertray and lost power steering :(

I've been driving mine without an undertray for a while now... the engine gets slightly grubbier slightly quicker, but the undertray was a massive PITA.

I replaced my power steering pump earlier this year after a failure (about a day of whining before it went) - I think it cost about £250 to sort.

Everything :(

Sounds like someone went to KTC:d

Handbags!

Mine needs a respray as the colour has faded on the bumber due to it being plastic. Need to put the kit on first, nothing major, just something subtle!

bought mine about 2 weeks ago now and the right side skirt that came with it is not fitted very well near the rear wheel. Probably more things wrong with it but these are the things i'm finding out as I go. Oh yeah and the ash tray lid has broken off it's spring and does not stay closed.

Wow, 15 minutes and you found even more problems.