The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's wrong with your Supra?

AndrewOW

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think mine's a bit nicer than yours, personally ;)

:shock: How dare you, you might aswell call my mum a wh0re

@ marc p i have seen your facelift dash advertised in a few post i have been reading, they must be selling like hot cakes:sly:

There's just the one, but trust me, thats all you need to be the coolest person on the planet:cool:

I think there's only the one for sale. I know you wouldn't believe it, but I think his claims on its popularity are slightly exaggerated :)

Nope, no exagertion, it has the power of 100 wolf shirts put together.

Well:

1) Both of my Turbo's are going...

2) I need a new interior clock...

3) My passenger side skirt is cracked...

4) My front Bumper - nearside - has a stress crack...

5) My exhaust has a slight leak...

6) My dash, around the clock, needs a trim so that it fits flush...

7) To get rid of all these very annnoying vibrations and rattles!! (thanks to Britain's roads :thumbs:)

8) She is far too thirsty! (due to the oil passing through the Turbo's is coking up my o2 sensors and my spark plugs)

Other than that, she is fine and dandy...touch wood! :D

Edit: Just thought of a couple others...:(

9) An on going Gearbox issue...:(

10) I have a tiny ding right at the edge of the passenger door...(thanks Highway's Agency!!)

Now, that's everything so other than that, she is fine and dandy...touch wood!

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

My brakes keep sqeaking while braking at low speeds!! Does my head in. Also, I have had the 4 wheel laser alignment done, and it now seems to be pulling left ever so slightly. I'm thinking this is mainly due to the road camber though and nothing I can do about it.

Andrew, if you want to have a look at what it should look like under the rear seats, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to meet you so you can have a look at mine? But I leave for Thailand tomorrow so won't be around until next Mon or Tues

My brakes keep sqeaking while braking at low speeds!! Does my head in. Also, I have had the 4 wheel laser alignment done, and it now seems to be pulling left ever so slightly. I'm thinking this is mainly due to the road camber though and nothing I can do about it.

Andrew, if you want to have a look at what it should look like under the rear seats, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to meet you so you can have a look at mine? But I leave for Thailand tomorrow so won't be around until next Mon or Tues

Cheers Dean. Its not under the seats, its right behind the plastic side panel that holds the rear passenger speaker etc. That big one!

I might bring the car into our factory at the weekend, and let loose with some screwdrivers and spanners until I fix it! :Pling:

Sounds a bit of a buggar. Although, could be just a loose speaker bracket. Hope you get it sorted. Let me know if you want a hand/another supe to compare

Nope. Not that. Its lower down. Metal knocking against metal. If I press down hard in the area of the sound I can feel it slightly (while someone else drives though, I might add! :blink:)

Aerial stuck up. (Better up than down)

Passenger seat stuck in one place (I assume a cable from the handle under the seat is broken or has come off but I keep forgetting to look.

An annoying squeak from the bonnet front rubber being worn (temporarily cured with a piece of sponge rubber put on top of it and then closing the bonnet carefully :)

The above is a complete list from 5 years and 2 months ownership including daily home to work and three tours around Scotland.

Cannot complain really.......