The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow track day - discussion and pictures in here please

Branners

Seeing all those Supras (and the other cars that mixed in really nicely I thought) was a great sight. :cool:

Yep definetely nice to see a few other cars there, the Nissans, Scooby, Saab, Zeus :cool: , RX7, etc were great to watch hooning it round with the Supra's. Good bunch of people too and a credit to them for getting as involved in the day as everyone else

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also liked the lack of noise testing, my only concern really. Good to meet up with Homer again though I had more in common n with his Dad who used to live by Abergavenny so was nice to reminisce.

See you at the Pod matey!

Nice driving, your car looked quick, sorry i never got a chance to talk with you:)

back only a few hours ago as i stayed an extra day in Abergavenny.......

Had a great time on and off track, many thanks to Steve for sorting it all out, Trig for the passenger seat '270' :rolleyes: :D and Dave F for the video footage of me on track.......... where are we going next!! :)

Got back late last night as i stayed an extra day to take in the sights of wales etc :)

Was an amazing day apart from a few problems with the car :(

Big thanks to SteveR for organising etc, look forward to the next one :cool:

And also thanks to DaveF and Scooter for helping prepare and fix my car :) (ps the 270 came free ;))

When i got there i had to take the arch liners out as they were both rubbing which took up a bit of time. But made it in time for the first morning session was ok no probs there, didnt push the car too hard and got used to the track etc.

At lunchtime i went off into a nearby town to get lunch with DaveF and Scooter, on the way back i pulled up at a set of lights and the car died, no electrics at all, turns out one of the wires came out of the battery terminal. put it back in and got back to the track and fixed it properly.

Then took it out got did one lap and lost all boost. an intercooler pipe came loose so came in and fixed that.

Then the last session i probably stayed out for longer than i should have and just as i was coming into the pits i noticed the water temp was over the red!! let it cool down, filled it with water and all seemed fine.

the worst bit was on the way home which was thankfully the last problem! I stayed there sat night too and drove around some nice places around the brecon beacons etc today, decided to leave about 5. Was making good time, we got on the M25 and felt a small vibration on the steering wheel. thought nothing of it as i thought it may be the road surface. Got to just past Clackett services and crack! massive vibration, pulled onto the hard shoulder and checked the wheels, to my horror 3 wheel studs have snapped clean off!!!!! and the other 2 nuts were loose. Luckily i was able to limp home 15 miles on 2 studs :eek:

So ive now got to get some studs, rad overflow tank, battery tray and terminal and some new pads :cool:

Was a great weekend tho!!

Heres a pic from the Sunday :) I have an in car vid which i will edit later and post up :cool:

Just back after picking the kids up, as said great day out and good to meet people, thanks again steve!!, working on vids now which i know some of you will defo be interested in, i still didn`t catch the guy`s name in the white supe that had a big spin right in front of me,:D

Just seen video WOW..Cheers:cool:

My name is stig....oh Stuart

What a cracking day out! SO pleased the weather held up for us - that first session out was a bit hairy before the track started to dry out.

Big thumbs up to Steve for organising!

Hello to all the new people I met - I hope you've all caught the track-day bug now ;)

Some video to come when I get some time. Lots of post-track maintenance now needed - discs/pads/fluid; find and fix a boost leak; oh, and Jo has to get new tires on her Scoob - she got down to the canvas on her last session out :rlol:

This has been going to happen for the last 3 years or so :search:

Yeah, they said they sold an 'option' a few years ago, but the developemnt largely depends on whether a joint venture between business & government goes ahead, just a few miles up the road. If that doesn't go ahead, there shouldn't be the need for the houses. The track staff said it's still got potential to happen, and that they sold this speculative development option to a house building company to raise some cash which they then spent on the track.

how do i get the pics on here from the slide show and can you buy them ?

A link to the pics was posted by SEVENMAN back on page 3 I think, have a look back matey. They are available in various sizes "Original" being the biggest. :)

The 2 paid photographers pictures are to follow, when I get them I'll either copy DVDs or Pete has suggested he hosts them for people to download...

how do i get the pics on here from the slide show and can you buy them ?

If you mean the 5 pags of pics here?

Then they are photos my gf took, and you are welcome to take copies of them.

Like it says in my post on page 3, when you select a pic you can choose the "all sizes" tab at the top and get versions up to the full 3648 x 2736 resolution like this.

Then just save to your PC.

Some video to come when I get some time.

When you get time? Make time! :D

Lots of post-track maintenance now needed - discs/pads/fluid; find and fix a boost leak; oh, and Jo has to get new tires on her Scoob - she got down to the canvas on her last session out :rlol:

Jo was fast! In the early sessions when it was still damp in places she'd leave me for dead through & out of the corners. It wasn't until I got more confident in the afternoon, and the track got drier, that I could bother her a bit more and ended up being a little quicker. I think most of my advantage was in the braking zones actually - what power is the Impreza??