The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Llandow track day - discussion and pictures in here please

Branners

Yes, hello! 'Mrs Ark' here! :wave:

I had a brilliant day on Saturday - top job, Steve! And thank you everyone for allowing me and my Scooby to join in the fun and making us feel welcome. :hug:

Yes, new tyres on order now. There was me marvelling at those on the 200sx only to turn around and find one of mine was about as bad! :whistle:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, hello! 'Mrs Ark' here! :wave:

I had a brilliant day on Saturday - top job, Steve! And thank you everyone for allowing me and my Scooby to join in the fun and making us feel welcome. :hug:

Yes, new tyres on order now. There was me marvelling at those on the 200sx only to turn around and find one of mine was about as bad! :whistle:

ha you gave me a hard time about my tyres too LOL :p

Yeah, they said they sold an 'option' a few years ago, but the developemnt largely depends on whether a joint venture between business & government goes ahead, just a few miles up the road. If that doesn't go ahead, there shouldn't be the need for the houses. The track staff said it's still got potential to happen, and that they sold this speculative development option to a house building company to raise some cash which they then spent on the track.

A link to the pics was posted by SEVENMAN back on page 3 I think, have a look back matey. They are available in various sizes "Original" being the biggest. :)

The 2 paid photographers pictures are to follow, when I get them I'll either copy DVDs or Pete has suggested he hosts them for people to download...

thank you ;)

I had a great day, despite ripping half the front bumper off during my little detour over the grass. :(

A big thank you to SteveR for organising this and to the guy who lent me a few tools to enable me to drive home.

Can't wait for the next one

I gotta say hats off to you dude. If I had your car there would be no way in hell I would put it on the track would be scared of a stone chip let alone coming off!

Didnt know you came off did it cause a lot of damage?

Guest broome
:rlol: Im glad Mrs Ark is suffering from tyres 2!! When i got home i picked up a bargain, bought some 350z wheels with tyres for £200 instead of splashing out for four new tyres for the 200sx. Will be posting a short drifting clip soon! FULL BORE!

Cheers Steve for arranging such a great day out. It was really enjoyable. Unfortunatly things did not go to plan even still i enjoyed the afternoon as a spectator once I had got over my sulk at the hotel :D

Cheers for all the effort put into the organisation and I really look forward to the next one. And a final thankyou for the two rides in the Saab and Steve's very nice motor :)

Finally I was happy to find out today that KAD sell the parts that failed as spares so one should be here for tomorrow :D

There must be more pics, besides the professional ones, out there? I've only found one of my car so far :( bl**dy brothers RX7 has been snapped loads of times :tongue:

Cheers bro :tongue:

did you get that wing off e-bay?

Yep bidding just ended and I won :)

First step toward fixing everything :(

Heat light keeps flashing now too, don't know why. And alot of vibrations at high speed - definitely needs an alignment, hopefully nothing more serious

Nice driving, your car looked quick, sorry i never got a chance to talk with you:)

Cheers Jamie, I noticed you having fun too ;) I really wanted to chat with you and Ryan but in the heat of the moment I just wanted to drive :eyebrows:

Hopefully I'll catch up with you both at Suprapod, and maybe Wez will bring the hotside to lead me into temptation :innocent:

just got back from the ol yorkshire Dales- sooo no Tintanet lol- in response to Alex Ms comment bout my car supposedly having a turbo.... Try catching and passing me me on the straights next time :D... although il hand it to you that you drive like a nutter... did u sort the collant problem out LOL ;)

Great day... fantastic for a noob like me to get some vital track experience! was so happy all day and the car handled and worked better than i thought.

oh wanna say thanks to knightrider for not killing me... although i thought we were gonna die on a few corners.. but he drives like a pro so cheers for the passenger ride was awesome (steve r i call first time next time).

Thanks to everyone i met there was great to put some faces to the names and all you guys rock! :D

Cheers steve!!!

Pete

just got back from the ol yorkshire Dales- sooo no Tintanet lol- in response to Alex Ms comment bout my car supposedly having a turbo.... Try catching and passing me on the straights next time :D(thats a turbo for ya !)... although il hand it to you that you drive like a nutter... did u sort the collant problem out LOL ;)

Great day... fantastic for a noob like me to get some vital track experience! was so happy all day and the car handled and worked better than i thought.

oh wanna say thanks to knightrider for not killing me... although i thought we were gonna die on a few corners.. but he drives like a pro so cheers for the passenger ride was awesome (steve r i call first time next time).

Thanks to everyone i met there was great to put some faces to the names and all you guys rock! :D

Cheers steve!!!

Pete

Edited by Firestorm (see edit history)

Do you know when you'll be lifting the car Pete? I think as long as you do it before I get a TT lump you'll be able to hold me off next time. :p

im looking at early new year now for some some suspension setup including strut bars. I need to get my thinkin hat on cos people have advised me that a CW setup is much better than getting some Tein SuperStreets?

to be fair i did scrape the spoiler on some of the kerbs...

i still have to hand it to you bud cos i noticed that i wasnt the only TT bpu u were taking, i think you even took a single a one point.

Thanks - It's just a shame I had the cooling problem. I don't think I'll be catching any TTs at Santa Pod, have to compete with my own class. :(

Chris Wilson setup seems to be highly recommended, but it'll cost you a fair bit more than Teins (I think you're looking at £1-1.5k). If I was changing my suspension I'd definitely be heading his way though!

I'm interested to see how the photos have come out of us standing next to my awesomely finished white sup, hopefully Steve will give us a way of viewing them soon! :D