The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Longest standing active member ?

wile e coyote

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree and I too would of been much more hesitant buying a Supra if it hadn't been for the help from here with questions and general advice given.

Now I own one I still love the club ethics and the friendlyness between members, long may it continue.;)

:DA big thanks to Branners and all the Mods for there efforts and all the members for making this club so great:D

:cool:

Do you still have a 'watch list' JB?

Naturally, some people give off an aura that gets my attention. Just phraseology, overt familiarity, odd questions. But there are also people that I will generally look out for as their posts can be funny and brighten up my day.

Not many on the watch list at the moment, most of then have been banned recently ;)

Naturally, some people give off an aura that gets my attention. Just phraseology, overt familiarity, odd questions. But there are also people that I will generally look out for as their posts can be funny and brighten up my day.

Not many on the watch list at the moment, most of then have been banned recently ;)

Over the last ten years whats the funniest thread uve ever read??

Good question. :D

Just adding my thanks to this club too. JB and the mods do an astounding amount of work through the course of a year, DamanC lately, other forum mods have publicly stated how well this one is run too. That has to account for why there is such a large active membership. :)

Well done and thank you. :)

I've only been around 6 ish years although I signed up with my current ID about 5 years ago. Its funny really as I've never been part of a 'E community' before that tbh and also before the soop I had changed my car at least every 3-6 months. I think its credit to both the Supra and JB (and the mod team) for making this such as great club and certainly why I've spent probably weeks/months on here and spent well over 20k on the car! Keep up the good work JB :thumbs: and thanks for giving up your time! Heres to the next 5 years ;) :)

Looks like it could be Ibrar from that... Although a couple of older members have been on a couple of months ago.

I remember back in the days of the old mailing list, people like Branners,Andy Stallwood, Pete Betts, Paul Booth, IanC, Chris Wilson, Terry Saunders, Justin Foden and not forgeting to mention Mycroft :D

The club was very informative & helpful when information was required, especially when I was looking for info on purchasing my first Supra (had 4 since :))

Edited by Ibrar Jabbar (see edit history)

still me...

but its all non-profit. We plough the funds back in to events like Supra Pod, JAE etc. We also take the hit on Paypal fees when dealing with members money for events. The hosting fees are also quite large.

None of the team gets paid for what they do, its all done for the love of the club and the members.

Credit too you all then:)

I remember back in the days of the old mailing list, people like Branners,Andy Stallwood, Pete Betts, Paul Booth, IanC, Chris Wilson, Terry Saunders, Justin Foden and not forgeting to mention Mycroft :D

The club was very informative & helpful when information was required, especially when I was looking for info on purchasing my first Supra (had 4 since :))

Your forgetting Ash! :D

I remember the old mailing list, but when this forum started up I was late actually signing up to it. It was 2001 when I first started looking into MKIV's but early 2002 when I actually signed up here.

edit: In fact it was Mr Shah above who prompted me to finally get around to signing up here after seeing me post a few times on Supraforums, there was relatively little info on here at the time so I was on Supraforums a lot more.

The club is certainly a credit to the Mods and to the members. I never expected to spend so much time on here (hense the daft username:d) but Im logged in all day, and its almost cost me my job once:blink: I never go on facebook etc so am so suprised at how much I use this place. The info and help thats available is so good and there is always something interesting being posted. Well done again Branners and to everyone really:)

The club is certainly a credit to the Mods and to the members. I never expected to spend so much time on here (hense the daft username:d) but Im logged in all day, and its almost cost me my job once:blink: I never go on facebook etc so am so suprised at how much I use this place. The info and help thats available is so good and there is always something interesting being posted. Well done again Branners and to everyone really:)

I agree, some great people on here.

Credit to the amount of effort you and some of the mods have put in.

thats a tough one really. Its normally when somebody asks a reasonably simply question and the thread goes downhill from there. I have a very dry sense of humour and very little pity for stupid people, so certain members are always there to make me laugh. Then theres the great photoshops, like the guy who had his kn*b up an exhaust and somebody edited a members picture on to it. AND then they had T-shirts made up.

I suppose the most recent one was the tirade of abuse thrown at homer which ended up with some funny tirade of swearing at him, which was then going to be turned in to a t-shirt for a club event. Cant remember the come back but it was funny.

I also watch out for posts from SupraStar 3000 as there's always something in there for me to pick up on.

But really there as so many great personalities on the forum. Its like finding a penny in a poo. You have to dig a lot and at the end of the day you end up with a poo covered penny, but at least you got a penny.

But really there as so many great personalities on the forum. Its like finding a penny in a poo. You have to dig a lot and at the end of the day you end up with a poo covered penny, but at least you got a penny.

What a beautiful analogy :D

I'd rather just work for money than rummage around in poo all day!