The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Longest standing active member ?

wile e coyote

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strange...odd reason to ban someone for that reason alone....after all he was one of the longest standing members, well respected and knowledgable "tuners".

:blink:

It wasn't so much what he did, it's more the way he didn't deal with it afterwards.

He was rarely on here anyway so it's not as if he'll be missed any more than he already was by some.

I presume you've been going through the archives to find his historic input? Or maybe you are him? ;)

strange...odd reason to ban someone for that reason alone....after all he was one of the longest standing members, well respected and knowledgable "tuners".

There was a bit more to it than that it seems. Sold gearbox not as advertised, didn't respond to buyer's complaints, didn't respond to the mods on here when dispute thread was raised, didn't respond to the court letter, didn't show up to defend himself, judgement against him.

Great idea. Still a little way off yet, but worth thinking about. :)

This site is seriously the best IMO. Its a fabulous car forum. Its very informative etc, great fun, and the social scene is just great too, even though my sister calls me a geek! She just doesn't understand :rolleyes:

Yep couldn't agree more! :D

My Girlfriend is the same as what you're sister thinks...:D

Pay your dues then. ;)
uuum.....no thanks

;)

Then don't come on here criticising the way the place is run.

It wasn't so much what he did, it's more the way he didn't deal with it afterwards.

He was rarely on here anyway so it's not as if he'll be missed any more than he already was by some.

I presume you've been going through the archives to find his historic input? Or maybe you are him? ;)

LOL :D i was doing some reading on some old tech posts and came accross some of his technical input which i thought made sense (sometimes). and noticed he had banned status so wondered how come? but i now know why.

There was a bit more to it than that it seems. Sold gearbox not as advertised, didn't respond to buyer's complaints, didn't respond to the mods on here when dispute thread was raised, didn't respond to the court letter, didn't show up to defend himself, judgement against him.

ah...i see now what has lead to his ban...oh well...fair game by the mods on that note then....quite a straight forward decision for them really....hope the buyer got back his money in the end if the judgment went against him.

Then don't come on here criticising the way the place is run.

sorry you think that way...i am not criticising...i am just being curious as terry s status was quite highly ranked on this board (looking at old threads).

and it is due to attitude like that i dont wish to sign up to ;)

I signd up to Andy's site back in 2000. Got my TT in the August, signed up here the same day as Ian C May 2001.

I think I went to one meet before the Stevenage one in December 2001. It all seems so long ago now.

I remember my first track day at RAF Bentwaters, Justin Foden manged to spin his yellow EVO in a cloud of smoke. There was one guy there, not a MKIV driver, that was being a real tosser, with no respect for less experienced drivers, driving like a twat. It really made me laugh when his bonnet blew off, fortunately no one got hurt.

Tounge is a term used when trying to demonstrate banter. It can only be removed from your cheek once the point has been moved. Michael, you are in no danger as your cheek is now tounge free;)

I think the point he was making was, that the word is spelt tongue, not tounge, hence being banned to Pedants Corner without cake etc.

HTH :)

I think the point he was making was, that the word is spelt tongue, not tounge, hence being banned to Pedants Corner without cake etc.

HTH :)

No, I got it. That'll be why I explained that tounge in cheek the way I did. But now I've had to explain myself so except that I failed:D