The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8 2uz project

EdMorris

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok, well its more the dark cherry than orange. The flash on some of the pics made it look a bit lighter. I'll take some better ones outside the body shop when its done. I think the colour of the interior will contrast nicely.

Just looked at those pics and you're right, looks like 2 colours. Its more like the first set. Cheers.

Edited by EdMorris (see edit history)

I was thinking of getting my main dashboard, centre console and door pillars done in black leather with silver stitching

I'll give them a shout! Cheers buddy, i wudnt say that price is too much, it aint cheap but if the quality is there, and it certainly looks it, then its got to be worth it :thumbs:

Again, Very Nice ;)

Not at the moment. Car is just awaiting side skirts, need to call Gerald to find out the status on this. As soon as I have finished pics of the re-spray I'll post 'em up.

The boat with my engine on was scheduled to leave Jacksonville today. Hopefully there were no delays. With a good tail wind I should expect some news on the 17th dec. I'm not holding my breath though, as I've come to realise that shipping companies work on a different calendar system to everyone else. If I get delivery for xmas I'll be happy.

The last of my manual conversion parts finally arrived with Nic, and now he has posted the lot to me (thanks Nic). When they arrive here I can at last get my hands dirty putting things back together. I must admit I'm slightly apprehensive about cutting the sub tunnel for the manual tranny. If anyone has any tips on this I'd be grateful for the advice.

Cheers.

If anyone has any tips on this I'd be grateful for the advice.

Yep, plenty! Did this for the first time a few months ago and it was a "learning experience" :D

We can have a chat closer to the time if you would like? Could even pop round as you're only 15 minutes away.

Received most of the manual conversion parts today, cheers Nic. However, I think I've got an auto brake pedal instead of the smaller pad 6 speed one. What do you think? I can't check it with my car as its still at G and N. Does look a bit large, even though the part numbers match up.

Brake pedal.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while since the last update and this was due to the set back with the side skirts. Well, I've just come from the body shop and I can tell you that the painting is all done. The car looks stunning if I may be so bold, and as ever the pics don't do it justice. I turned down the flash this time to give you a better idea of the true colour. Hope you like it. I'm very happy indeed. :D

Another set back has shown its head though. The new windscreen is leaking badly through the rubber. It appears to me that a generic rubber has been used and not a supra specific one. Get this, they can't come back to fix it until Jan 6th. So the car is still at G and N. Anyway, I've decided to make use if this extra time and asked them to do the sub tunnel mod for me. It will be welded in place rather than bonded/bolted by me. So at least I'm still making some headway with the project, even though its not being done by me.

Oh, I almost forgot. The engine should be delivered week of the 29th. :D:d:d

Enjoy the pics.

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it so far. Soon as I get it back at home I'm gonna do a few jobs before my winter hol, so there should be at least one more update early jan. Then it will be a bit quiet 'till feb.

By the way, the welding job on the tunnel is very good. Looks like its always been that way. Even painted to match the interior colour of the original floorpan. Also, the underneath will be undersealed.

• 3 weeks later...

Some great news. My engine arrived earlier today :yahoo:

Very well packed as you can see from the pics, nice one Eric :thumbs:. I didn't take all the packing off as it has moved slightly on the pallet, but I will do once my hoist is on it (just in case it falls), after which, I'll post some better pics.

Also, I'm collecting the car on friday :yahoo:. RAC auto windscreens have still to put their mistake right but I'll get them to come to me, as they've mucked me about for weeks. I ordered the correct rubber from Steve Manley myself as they seem to be inept. Anyway, all is good and I'm glad to finally have everything I need (save for the electrical bits), to start getting on with things. Shame the weather is bitterly cold mind.