The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8 2uz project

EdMorris

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics of the seats and new carpet/mats for you to peruse. The work is top notch by Vince, again. Really needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. Just the doorcards and other panels still to be done.

The carpet is a dark chocolate colour which works great with the burnt orange leather and also with the exterior colour. :)

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Still loads to do, I keep hitting engineering problems that take ages to sort out. Not really sure when its gonna be totally finished to be honest.

I was out there today working on the diff. Managed to get the output flange off and compared to my n/a one. They are different sizes and lengths so those troublesome threads will need re-cutting. Hopefully, this shouldn't take too long to sort and will save me buying a new flange, oo-er.

Some pics of the seats and new carpet/mats for you to peruse. The work is top notch by Vince, again. Really needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. Just the doorcards and other panels still to be done.

The carpet is a dark chocolate colour which works great with the burnt orange leather and also with the exterior colour. :)

that has to be one of the smartest retrims ive ever seen imo, when your reading about the engine this supra has, and then see that interior...just goes so well!!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, some more progress pics.

Got the plate I need, plus the stud. Cost me £160 in the end, which is much better than I was originally quoted. Both parts are in stainless steel. The plate is hefty but does the job. New cap head bolts hold all in place, and I'm very happy with the result. I have piece of mind that the bearing will stay put. :)

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

And some more. You can see a test fit if the clutch here too. I'll need longer bolts to fix it, but thats it thank goodness.

Also, the gold rings are the adapter plates to mate the V160 to the V8. I'll need to put a small cover plate on the base of this to prevent road crap entering the clutch area, as when its all bolted up there is a slight gap. Piece of mind again and its a simple job.

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Edited by EdMorris (see edit history)

Finally installed the 6 speed diff on the car yesterday, and hit another snag trying to put the lock nut on the driveshaft. Nut goes on straight but only does up about half a centimetre before becoming very hard to turn. Can't seem to see any obvious damage, but will have a closer look this week. It never ends :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

A little more progress. Pilot/spigot bearing for the V8 was a little narrow I thought, so I got a spacer made up to prevent it from shifting and moving off the input shaft. Bit boring I know, sorry there's no pics of it in the car yet. Soon though I hope. :)

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the bearing, fine tuned the clearance with a few shims, torqued it up along with the clutch, and fitted the gearbox to the engine (hopefully for the last time). All I need to do now before fitting the lot into the car is to gat some more clips for the clutch line (along the bulk head). Mine broke as I tried to clamp it in place. So not long now before some pics worth posting.

Also, new rear brake discs, lines and pads arrived (thanks Mr Whiffin :thumbs:). Fitted one side yesterday, I'll get some pics up when I get around to taking some.