Supra V8 2uz project

EdMorris

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get that V8 in there Ed. :)

Eric

Yes indeed! My newly painted engine bay is pining for it. You heard from the shippers yet? If not I'll chase them up.

I'll ask Gerald on tues when I'm back there Mark as I didn't get your request till today.

As promised here are some better pics. More prep being done :D

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Ed, I dont know if they sent you an e-mail, but the shipper came to pick up the V8 :)

Eric

Excellent. Glad its out of your way now. Shame it doesn't sail for a while. The boat it will be on is scheduled to arrive on dec 17th, but I don't expect that will be met. If it arrives before xmas I'll be happy. Best present I'll ever receive I would think.

Picking up some interior bits on tuesday, so will post some pics for you chaps.

The seats, door cards, rear quarter panels and boot panels are awaiting Vince to work his magic. Will have new carpet too. :D

G and N have finished the re-spray save for the side skirts, which I have exchanged for Ridox ones. I'll be there on Friday, so will take my camera for the all important photo's.

Looks very very nice matey! Would also like to know who did the retrim and if you dont mind me askin, what sort of price they charge?

Its pricey, but the work is superb. The dash has no seams at all (except on the ends), even though its a complex curved shape. So far its cost me, wait for it, £2700. Ouch! I must be mad. I should also state that the leather is of a high standard.

That price is for the main dash, centre console, scuff plates and bits by feet, steering cowl, and a pillars, all in leather. Dash panels have been done in alcantara. For me, the inside of the supra is the only bit that looks dated, but now it will look and feel and smell like an Aston. Lovely.

Vince is doing some nice detailing on the seats and door cards that I've asked for and I hope it comes out well. I'll update you as soon as he's done.