The mkiv Supra Owners Club

magazine thrash at Bruntingthorpe

Branners

Guest Rays the roof

So far:

Toddington Services (J12 M1) convoy LEAVES at 08:00;

Corley Services (J4/3 M6 Southbound) convoy LEAVES at 08:30;

Any others, please add!!

ps weather forecast for Wednesday 63% RH and 17 C with sunshine!!!!

:cool:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest scary steve

Hi peeps,

Appologies for leaving it two days before the event before I post details up, but as you can imagine, launching a brand new Japanese car mag is a bit hectic! :violin:

First off, thanks to JB for helping with the organisation, and thanks to all who are turning up!

Order of the day is/was 0-100, however, this might be a little easy for you guys :D so as we've got a couple of lanes of the 2 mile straight, I thought we could up it to 120, or even 150mph? :D

Datron will be timing the event, so basically all times/top speeds will be calculated anyway.

We should be able to time 10 cars on the day - maybe more, depending on how things go, and we should be able to accomodate 15 Supras.

Spectators are not covered under Bruntingthorpe's insurance, so they don't encourage it. However, if you can squeeze a few extra peeps in, go for it. It's always nice to have a big group, and it's great fun to watch motors driven in anger

:D

It's going to be quite busy on Wed, so early on we're only allowed to run one car at a time.

Remember to fill up before you get there. At 150mph+ you will not be getting much to the gallon :D - There's a garage in North Kilworth (A4304), at the junction where you turn onto the B5414 towards Bruntingthorpe.

Bruntingthorpe website: http://www.bruntingthorpe.com

Noise limit! Even though it's in the middle of nowhere, Bruntingthorpe has recently had complaints about noise! Therefore, they're enforcing the standard FIA (?) limit of 97.5db static, 87.5db on the move.

There's full facilities on site, including a cafe.

JB, can you let me know the final 15? Cheers mate.

See everyone one Wednesday. Any questions, gimme a mail on [email protected]

Cheers,

Steve C,

Editor,

J-TUNER magazine

P.S this feature will be 12 page minimum!

okay, Steve wants to know the actual 15 that are going in so in no particular order I have the following list -

1 Branners

2 Rays the roof

3 Ian C

4 Christian

5 Terry S

6 Jake

7 Whitelightning

8 Leon

9 Bill Prawn

10 Amazing grace

11 cashpoint

12 springbok

13 jasonmoola

14 carbon kid

15 Ian R

reserve (spectators) - 250horses,colsoop ,kghelmet,bammbamm, MrAngry

spectators - Supragal

If your name is in the 15 and you arent going to be there or you dont want to actual run then please let me know asap so I can fit in a reserve. As theres not that many spectators I would suggest going along anyway and coming in as a spectator in somebody elses car.

JB

will special insurance be required for this bash?? I have only tomorrow to sort this which should not be too bad specially f you could tell me who does track day or 1/4 mile insurance for the day?? Thanks in anticipation. :thanku:

Regards,

Sheena

your insurance definately won't cover you for the track part... I can't be of any help on who does though, sorry :(

Somebody take a camcorder and a camera for stills etc. Maybe we can edit this into a few minutes of footage to advertise the club?

Just a thought after reading about the "Ultimate (Non-Working) Supra DVD....Ever) LOL! :tongue: Sounds as though we have some very capable people here who could string a video together for everyone to enjoy.

I can't wit to here about this event. :thumbs:

I'm probably bringing a friend who is into his photography, I may be able to borrow a video camera as well.

He's got a porky digital SLR, while not quite on the scale of the gigapixel camera, it'll take a shot of the whole engine bay and you can zoom in and read what's on the brake fluid cap. 3000*2000 rezzo. Pretty good :) Strangely I can't upload one to demonstrate as the images are 2.7mb Jpegs :D

-Ian

Will people's names be on the gate at Bruntingthorpe?

they are very security conscious there as they have a few million quids worth of planes, trucks and cars stored there.

I won't join any convoy as I have fun country roads to go down (25 miles away) so what time do we aim to get there for? Still 9.30.

Junc 12 to 15a in 15 minutes :eek: that'll take some doing.

OK to bring the truck in JB? Weather looks nice for it!!:(

Im not sure what the process is on this, Im sure the truck will get in, its a support vehicle after all.

For those with names not on the running list I would still go along, people will drop out (one person just called me to say they cant make it) and if push comes to shove I drop out of the list and that gives another space.

Leaving Toddington services at 8am. We should be going past J15a at about 8.20am or so. Leon wont be there so somebody else needs to give me your mobile number if you want me to call as we go past.

JB