Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what can spectators do? I've read that they can be restricted to certain bits @ pod, so just wondering :)

Basically same as anyone else except run there car down the strip watch / wander & have fun ;)

P.S. I am also gutted on this as other halve brother in law has pre-booked suprise tickets for us all for long weekend to Spain Thursday till Tuesday same weekend as Suprapod but working on this :banghead::eek::wacko::cry::cry::cry::cry: one of my favorite events of the YEAR !!!!!

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Basically same as anyone else except run there car down the strip watch / wander & have fun ;)

P.S. I am also gutted on this as other halve brother in law has pre-booked suprise tickets for us all for long weekend to Spain Thursday till Tuesday same weekend as Suprapod but working on this :banghead::eek::wacko::cry::cry::cry::cry: one of my favorite events of the YEAR !!!!!

you spoon. We booked it so far in advance this year so nobody would have to miss it. ;)

Spectators can pay on the gate, no problems with that.

Depending on how the tickets are selling we might try and get some bouncy castles in for the kids (and adults if the kids are out the way).

Excellent excuse ;) I will let you win mate if that means you will come :D

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-bird-window-fail.jpg

Out of interest, do many people who go have stock cars? I'm totally stock, so I'm assuming would get shafted by the big nasty men :p lol

I went last year in my stock TT and had a great time. It does make a good argument for modding it though when you're lined up against a single tubbie who annihilates you to the 1/4 mile mark :D

There were some NAs ran last time too, so there'll be others in stock form.

Definitely up for this, should be paying up soon :)

I'll be there and looking for some races :eyebrows:

Who wants to take on the lowly BPU car? :D

Come on folks get signed up - drag racing is great fun. You get a real buzz lining up against someone at the xmas tree start lights..... swelling with anticipation waiting for them to change, praying your slightly altered launch technique is going to do the trick and you're gonna hit that holy grail sweet spot between bogging down and spinning the rears up! :)

Anyone can have a go - if you're new and aren't quite sure what's what then just grab me or someone else that's done it before on the day and we'll talk you through it. It's really about how vicious you want to be with your own car..... ultimately it's just the same as having some fun off the lights on the road in terms of what kind of strain you put the car under. Nothing to worry about in that respect really!

Cheers,

Brian.

My boyfriend has paid for me to race in my mr2. Must admit I'm a bit nervous about it so I wouldn't mind somebody talking me through it! And I really don't want to be that vicious with my car but I don't really want my boyfriend to beat me either!

Come on folks get signed up - drag racing is great fun. You get a real buzz lining up against someone at the xmas tree start lights..... swelling with anticipation waiting for them to change, praying your slightly altered launch technique is going to do the trick and you're gonna hit that holy grail sweet spot between bogging down and spinning the rears up! :)

:) Yes to that, the buzz from getting it partly right, even if it's just the launch :D

My boyfriend has paid for me to race in my mr2. Must admit I'm a bit nervous about it so I wouldn't mind somebody talking me through it! And I really don't want to be that vicious with my car but I don't really want my boyfriend to beat me either!

I'm sure your car will handle at bit of stick, as long as you don't keep thrashing up the strip time after time all day you should be ok :)

After a couple of goes you will probaly want to do more, you may get the bug :D

'Just one more rum to see if i can beat the last run' or 'one more run against another mr2 to see who's quickest'

Enjoy the day :)

Just have a chat with any of the folks that have crash helmets in their car :D

Or you could approach anyone with a 'club official' shirt on and they should be able to direct you in to a few people who'd be able to help out. That is unless you find tDR who'll talk your ears off about the best technique :D

It's the type of event where you can run numerous times up the strip (someone managed something like 38 runs last year!), so just try it on your own first and see how you progress during the day. It's really good fun, the crowd is small, all of which are members here, or invited persons so no one will take the mick if you mess up ;)