The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

Brilliant day folks and thanks to you all for making it such a fun and friendly event :thumbs:

Didn't get time to watch much of the drag racing, but was good to put a few more faces to names and catch up with so many friends during the day.

The times people where getting are really showing improvements, several cars in the 11's and many people getting into the 12's - that used to be rare!

Good couple of nights out too which really helped complete the weekend for me, was much in need of some "downtime" after a busy few months at work. So many funny moments, mainly at Gaz, Burna or Ian's expense :D Massive hangover this morning though and can hardly even remember the drive home!

Many thanks to tDR for letting me take his car down the strip, incredible car and felt like one of the quickest supra's I've driven sub 100mph. I was quite pleased with the time until being told it was the slowest 1/4 the car had done for several years! :D

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks to tDR for letting me take his car town the strip, incredible car and felt like one of the quickest supra's I've driven sub 100mph. I was quite pleased with the time until being told it was the slowest 1/4 the car had done for several years! :D

No prob m8! I know it's spritely lol but surprising to hear - I think the big singles have the muscle to shift the air resistance above 100 better than my weedy stock twins. It's always fun to pick a fight though, I just love the buzz of racing :cool:

Oh no! What happened?

what happened Mike :(

Mike

Unfortunatly the miss fire I struggled with all day came back on the way to the hotel. Only difference was when doing 70 mph it was holding back then fine etc. Also really struggling to find an idle. So thought it safer to make use of the RAC truck :D

Cant look at it till next week now but im going to start by soldering the botch job we did at the pod with the injector wires and sort the grounding out on the FCD which for some reason seems to have an effect on the idle !?

Brilliant day folks and thanks to you all for making it such a fun and friendly event :thumbs:

Didn't get time to watch much of the drag racing, but was good to put a few more faces to names and catch up with so many friends during the day.

The times people where getting are really showing improvements, several cars in the 11's and many people getting into the 12's - that used to be rare!

Good couple of nights out too which really helped complete the weekend for me, was much in need of some "downtime" after a busy few months at work. So many funny moments, mainly at Gaz, Burna or Ian's expense :D Massive hangover this morning though and can hardly even remember the drive home!

Many thanks to tDR for letting me take his car down the strip, incredible car and felt like one of the quickest supra's I've driven sub 100mph. I was quite pleased with the time until being told it was the slowest 1/4 the car had done for several years! :D

what time did you do in tdr car

... and sort the grounding out on the FCD which for some reason seems to have an effect on the idle !?

Quite feasible - a dodgy ground could make the FCD give out a higher voltage than it should, making the ECU think there's more air going in, so it puts more fuel in. Would be a similar symptom to having a leak in the vac hose to the map sensor. Sounds easily fixed anyway :)

Had a great weekend:d Thanks to the mods for organising this event.

Had a good few runs but couldn't get below 15.2 :rolleyes:

still better than i was doing at rotorstock!

It was good to put faces to names and had a great time last night (cracking Head acre this morning) :D

Brilliant day folks - really enjoyed it.

Big thank you to the mods and everyone who organised it - we should do it twice a year :)

Only regret is that we just stayed over on the Friday night and not the Saturday as well - I'm sure it would have been very entertaining :blink:

Tried as i might, I could only improve my 2007 time (13.669) by .003 of a sec :search: Now BPU'd and running at just over 1 BAR - EBC on my shopping list now.

I think Jaymdee & MrLover were struggling to improve on last year - was there something in the air ?

Sue suggested the wind - but I felt fine :D

Pleased Soo had fun with Sheena, she's addicted now and she noted the date of the next RWYB day :taped:

Nice to spend some time with MrT, Ido, Jaymdee and have chance to natter to Homer, Mawby, Tigger etc.

Some great cars there, loved the sound of some of the big singles...

Great Day...

G

I did actually do better than last year in the end Gerry :)

Last year - 13.3470 --- 1/4 ET

This year - 13.1815 --- 1/4 ET

Just proved that I should have been more persistant...:)

Well done mate, 12's next year - yes ?

G

I heard a rumour some girl did a fast time too in pigs car :D

A girl? I'm a lady don't you know;)

fantastic weekend, totaly shattered after loads of runs and the odd pint afterwards, killer of a hangover though,

I won't fit in your pocket :eyebrows:

Were your feet hot Sat night? as you managed to take all your clothes off but left your socks on hehe

No problem, you drove the car really well......for a girl ;)

How's the back?;)

It was great meeting everyone. Thanks for all the laughs at the Priory and IBIS.

Yes it was great to met the other wags - looking forward to the next one:d

I don't think it would have gone down well if i got the key from where you left it. :eyebrows:
:blink:

Only regret is that we just stayed over on the Friday night and not the Saturday as well - I'm sure it would have been very entertaining :blink:

You did miss a good evening

Oh and Jon you are very naughty ;)

Had a great time, and a VERY big thanks to the mods who made it all happen, I know most of you were shattered by the end of it all.

Highlights:

Been able to sit in Jurgen's GT-R, then Homer went and shattered my dream two seconds later by saying the colour didn't suit me and I must be wearing fake tan :Pling:

Watching tDR do the 1/4 mile, I was amazed at how easy he made it look. I have a new found respect for the 1/4 mile now.

Watching the num brothers compete at the end of the day, I think they would still be going up and down the strip this morning if they had the choice :D

Really enjoyed meeting more members for the first time, Mawby and Jenna, tDR and his lovely Mrs, Snake and his fussing eating Mrs (JOKE!) and I managed not get slapped by the wags :D And of course it was great to see the old faces, some of which I hadn't seen since JAE 2007 :blink: Havard, Pig, and Gaz you are a bad influence for a good lad like me :D

It was my first Suprapod as my car was being worked on last year, but I will be there for all the future ones :)

Thanks again to everyone involved :thumbs: