Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a good day too, although I didn't actually 'meet' anyone, except for the nice man I did my first run against who told me my undertray was hanging low. Turns out I managed to get a big hole in it, which the wind quickly used to rip the pegs out and leave it rather close to the floor (repreatedly). Eventually managed to get it to stay in place with a large amount of white gaffer tape, although I blame the extra drag and then the extra weight of the tape for my poor times :)

I got a bit scared by all the new faces and hid in my car most of the time.

Wasn't happy that I got annihilated by a Civic, mind.

I had a good day too, although I didn't actually 'meet' anyone, except for the nice man I did my first run against who told me my undertray was hanging low. Turns out I managed to get a big hole in it, which the wind quickly used to rip the pegs out and leave it rather close to the floor (repreatedly). Eventually managed to get it to stay in place with a large amount of white gaffer tape, although I blame the extra drag and then the extra weight of the tape for my poor times :)

I got a bit scared by all the new faces and hid in my car most of the time.

Wasn't happy that I got annihilated by a Civic, mind.

That was me :D

I think that was the run I had a foul start on... which is why I was behind you... :taped:

That was me :D

I think that was the run I had a foul start on... which is why I was behind you... :taped:

Ssh, don't tell people, I think that was the only one I won!

Was nice to meet you and you saved me the potential embarrassment and danger of having the whole thing ripping off half way up the strip. Plus my car looks well sexy with all the tape now :)

Ssh, don't tell people, I think that was the only one I won!

Was nice to meet you and you saved me the potential embarrassment and danger of having the whole thing ripping off half way up the strip. Plus my car looks well sexy with all the tape now :)

lol

I only went up against you and one other Supra on the day.

The other one (I can't remember who it was) I missed 3rd gear the first time round and beat him the second time (He had a single, so was over the moon to be beaten by me :innocent:)

I spent the rest of the day picking on my friends... :eyebrows:

lol

I only went up against you and one other Supra on the day.

The other one (I can't remember who it was) I missed 3rd gear the first time round and beat him the second time (He had a single, so was over the moon to be beaten by me :innocent:)

I spent the rest of the day picking on my friends... :eyebrows:

lol, nice work on beating the single.

My runs were all a bit worse than what I was hoping for, although I'm not really sure what a stock auto TT should get.

I'm just glad I haven't had time to fit my active spoiler or do the soundproofing I want to do yet. With the added weight of those I might not have made it up the strip at all. Was awesome fun though and can't wait for next year. Will hopefully be BPU by then as well so should do a bit better.

Could definitely do with some form of launch start though.

lol, nice work on beating the single.

My runs were all a bit worse than what I was hoping for, although I'm not really sure what a stock auto TT should get.

I'm just glad I haven't had time to fit my active spoiler or do the soundproofing I want to do yet. With the added weight of those I might not have made it up the strip at all. Was awesome fun though and can't wait for next year. Will hopefully be BPU by then as well so should do a bit better.

Could definitely do with some form of launch start though.

What sort of times did you get?

Definitely go BPU as soon as you can. :eyebrows:

I had loads of trouble with traction.

I was going to try pulling away a bit more on the clutch, but I can't be changing the clutch again!

Edited by monkey3 (see edit history)

What sort of times did you get?

Definitely go BPU as soon as you can. :eyebrows:

I had loads of trouble with traction.

I was going to try pulling away a bit more on the clutch, but I can't be changing the clutch again!

My best time was about 14.3@101, but most were mid-high 14s. That was the only one I broke 100mph on. It felt a bit slow for some reason - compared to how it feels accelerating on the road anyway. That could be because the car next to me was always going faster though. I don't think it helped starting from idle but I don't know if that's normal for autos on the strip?

Will definitely go BPU next year, just having to wait until the end of my current insurance policy. My insurer is ridiculously expensive for mods and they don't offer like for like cover. Only went with them because they were almost the cheapest and would honour the 10 months I completed on my last car as a full year no claims. I'm on a 10 month policy that ends in April so will be able to get a better policy with 3 years no claims then (assuming I don't crash beforehand).

I've not been driving 3 years yet and was 23 when I took out the policy so not many companies would touch me on a standard TT, let alone BPU.

My best time was about 14.3@101, but most were mid-high 14s. That was the only one I broke 100mph on. It felt a bit slow for some reason - compared to how it feels accelerating on the road anyway. That could be because the car next to me was always going faster though. I don't think it helped starting from idle but I don't know if that's normal for autos on the strip?

Will definitely go BPU next year, just having to wait until the end of my current insurance policy. My insurer is ridiculously expensive for mods and they don't offer like for like cover. Only went with them because they were almost the cheapest and would honour the 10 months I completed on my last car as a full year no claims. I'm on a 10 month policy that ends in April so will be able to get a better policy with 3 years no claims then (assuming I don't crash beforehand).

I've not been driving 3 years yet and was 23 when I took out the policy so not many companies would touch me on a standard TT, let alone BPU.

Oh right, fair enough.

That's a pretty good time though. :)

A girl? I'm a lady don't you know;)

I won't fit in your pocket :eyebrows:

Were your feet hot Sat night? as you managed to take all your clothes off but left your socks on hehe

How's the back?;)

Yes it was great to met the other wags - looking forward to the next one:d

:blink:

You did miss a good evening

Oh and Jon you are very naughty ;)

i must have looked a right tart:D

i must have looked a right tart:D
The funniest part was watching you fight off Ian and Jon when they were trying to get you up to your room, uttering comments like "Get off me you gay", only for you to jump up at amazing speed when Tigger comes along and says "I'll take you to bed Gaz!" :D

The funniest part was watching you fight off Ian and Jon when they were trying to get you up to your room, uttering comments like "Get off me you gay", only for you to jump up at amazing speed when Tigger comes along and says "I'll take you to bed Gaz!" :D

:innocent: well which would you prefer:p oh maybe you better not answer that one:D

The funniest part was watching you fight off Ian and Jon when they were trying to get you up to your room, uttering comments like "Get off me you gay",

I have it on video, but to be honest I'm in two minds if to post it. It would be terribly terribly embarrassing for Gaz. :innocent: