MarkR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm back home and pretty pleased with everything so far. A big thanks to Ryan and the guys at SPC Horsham for all they did today. Ryan started out wiring in all the ABS and Traction wires, and the switches for all those things. Then he went for a drive to have a look at the map that the guys at SPC put on. They mapped the car as an NA by removing the pipes from the intake and it did 180hp. Nice to know if the pipes pop off I will still be able to drive home comfortably.

There were a few issues through the day, but we ironed most of them out and the car is pulling like a freight train. The power is good and comes on really fast and the torque is unreal. It looked like my car wanted to climb out of the dyno cell!!

The result:

553HP - 510ftlb (I don't have the exact torque figure but it was just over 510) ...... Not bad for 1.4 bar. We only got 3 or 4 runs before the tyres started wheel spinning on the dyno, and I'm happy with 553hp.

I've attached a photo of the dyno sheet. The one in red (553.5) is the final figure, although the car was mapped by SPC Horsham (the first time they'd ever attempted a Solaris) and got 573hp and 562hp at 1.5 bar, but Ryan thought it was running slightly lean so pulled it back a bit. Better to be safe than sorry :thumbs: You can see where Ryan tuned the VVTI slightly and the power and torque curves come in harder and earlier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=101711&stc=1&d=1259103465

The ECU needs replacing as it has a bug and Ryan will change it at the SRR dyno day on the 6th Dec for a new one. The bug is that there is no Traction Control available on this board. I might need that ;)

The ECU on the day also required a firmware update that fixed a few issues with voltages. The car was kangerooing when you lifted off but after the firmware was updated that was fine. The reason there are a few ECU issues is that I purchased this from Ryan a while ago so it's been sat in the cupboard with no updates etc. We couldn't do the launch control as it was raining ;) Not such a good idea.

The flywheel seems to be on it's way out (seemed fine at BPU but the increase in power and torque has it acting up a bit). There is also a bearing noise in the gearbox that isn't there in 5th (when the box is at 1:1). We're slowly ironing out the bugs but one step at a time.

The issue with the breather was resolved by shortening the filter and cutting a hole in the bonnet skin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=101709&stc=1&d=1259103465

attachment.php?attachmentid=101710&stc=1&d=1259103465

Here's a video that SPC did of the first dyno session:

7fJ-QtQJ2YU

The speedo is still in kph which needs resolving.

Enjoy :D

Supra Mapping - Day 2 043 (Small).JPG

Supra Mapping - Day 2 044 (Small).JPG

Supra Mapping - Day 2 050 (Small).JPG

Edited by MarkR (see edit history)

Nice one mate, great numbers there i'll be well happy if i can get that out of mine?? Can't wait to go down south next week now to get mine mapped, just need to phone and sort dates out. :D

Edit: loving the little puff of boost coming from the Dumpvalve when he lets off. :D

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Nice one mate, great numbers there i'll be well happy if i can get that out of mine?? Can't wait to go down south next week now to get mine mapped, just need to phone and sort dates out. :D

Edit: loving the little puff of boost coming from the Dumpvalve when he lets off. :D

nice results :) finally!!

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Now I need to start tidying up the engine bay a little...

Yesterday was one of those good days. Nice car, nice dyno results and happiness all round.

Today on the other hand, was a bad day.

I was woken up by a phone call. On the way to the MOT station, the car was in an accident. I haven't even driven it (last night I wasn't driving). I took another day off work and went to assess the damage.

To say that I'm gutted is the understatement of the year

Edited by MarkR (see edit history)