The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My VVTI GT35R Single Conversion

MarkR

Followed this thread from the beginning as I'm thinking about a GT35 myself. Can't believe how this has turned out, the day after getting finished is just salt on the wound.

Really sorry to see this. Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery. Re-shelling the car would be the best bet IMO. I'm in the same camp as yourself with regards to accident damage.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, my heart has been pretty much wrenched out with barbed wire... I'm looking forward to a speedy resolution so I can get on with rebuilding another one.

Well, I wish you well - for what that's worth.

I have to say that I spoke a little hastily earlier, and should have said "driving TOO fast" - because you can certainly get rapidly out of shape in a powerful RWD car without a lot of road speed. Comment about driving ability stands though.

Well, I wish you well - for what that's worth.

I have to say that I spoke a little hastily earlier, and should have said "driving TOO fast" - because you can certainly get rapidly out of shape in a powerful RWD car without a lot of road speed. Comment about driving ability stands though.

Thanks mate. It is true. You can lose control as easily at 20mph as at 40... although I reckon this looks a little faster.

When all is said and done, it wouldn't have spun on a straight road without boost. This car was mapped as an NA at 180bhp and should drive as such off boost.

OMG I cant beleive it. So sorry Mark thats a joke. I hope they get it all sorted for you nas painlessly as possible (I know that does not help). I guess you will not be trusting them with your car again. Have they explained what happened or is it just some young Pr&ck trating your car like Sh&t!?!

Feel for you Mark :(

From recent experience i would contact your own insurance company and tell them what has happened. Let them know you are allowing the garage insurance company to sort it.

If you do not like what is happening you have an option to get your insurance people involved they will appoint a solicitor to talk with the garages insurance company.

Your insurance company will not be pleased if you dont tell them, then if it goes pear shaped call them to sort it.

Good luck with sorting it which ever way you decide to proceed.

Ahhh mate your fu(king kidding. I cant believe this. Lost for words fella really feel for u :(

Yeah, and you saw it and all... words escape me. I can't even sleep so back on the PC.

Gutted for you, Mark

Hope you get it sorted soon

Cheers bud

Really really sorry to see this, my car let go on the dyno in 2007, not the same I know but still gutting, I know how you feel

I would demand they buy you UK Richs car, it is an amazing spec and no waiting for a build

It is an awesome build. I'll see what happens, but I'm not keen on normal silver.

OMG I cant beleive it. So sorry Mark thats a joke. I hope they get it all sorted for you nas painlessly as possible (I know that does not help). I guess you will not be trusting them with your car again. Have they explained what happened or is it just some young Pr&ck trating your car like Sh&t!?!

I was there today. It seems like a combination of bad judgement and lack of experience on the drivers part although he is not one of the people dealing with the builds. I'll be more than happy to have them rebuild her, but not so keen on letting anyone drive it. The build quality was very very good.

What the feck, gutted for you mate, that is fapping terrible :(

I agree that it should either be a new car or at the minimum re-shelled.

New car for me I think. I'm not happy at all with anything damaged. I'm a fussy b*gger when it comes to my car.

That's terrible, I sincerely hope they get you a replacement car built up to the same standard asap - though it may never be the same.

I've found a few options I'll consider. One is the car that Jurgen has arriving soon. A stock '99 vvti quicksilver manual.

Such bad news.

Whatever happens dont let them try and get it back on the road. The car would probably never be straight. Force them to stump up for a new one and get Jurgen to source you exactly what you need.

Exactly what I said today.... see above ;)

Feel for you Mark :(

From recent experience i would contact your own insurance company and tell them what has happened. Let them know you are allowing the garage insurance company to sort it.

If you do not like what is happening you have an option to get your insurance people involved they will appoint a solicitor to talk with the garages insurance company.

Your insurance company will not be pleased if you dont tell them, then if it goes pear shaped call them to sort it.

Good luck with sorting it which ever way you decide to proceed.

I've already contacted Sky and alerted them. I also have a few solicitors that are friends and will call them in the morning.

:( sorry to see this, after all the hard work. I look forward to your next project though mate, keep your head in it.

Next project... similar specs. A few new ideas... stay tuned :D

I'm torn. Do I get another stock VVTI manual supra and do it up again, or buy UK-Rich's? I'm not that keen on the standard silver and not that keen on the skirts/rear bumper/wheels on his.

Be easy to jump straight into Rich's car but i hear what you are saying about the looks of it, if the insurance company buy that for you and you get to buy your car back cheap then you could be onto a winner.