The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My VVTI GT35R Single Conversion

MarkR

So gutted for you mate, i've been watching this thread since the start. What happened?

I'm not entirely sure. He said he wasn't driving fast and next thing he knew he was in the central reservation, but who knows. The roads were wet and it was a powerful beast.

I can't even bring myself to be angry, just incredibly upset and sad. Very disappointed that I never got to drive it either. :(

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are you going to do now? Are you with Sky with an agreed valuation? Option to buy her back and re-shell?

I'm not sure. The garage is taking care of the insurance. I'm starting to look for a low mileage stock vvti 6 spd manual in quicksilver, gunmetal, MSB or black.....

Holy crap mate, im gutted for you. What the hell happens now, has the garage taken full responsibility for the car??

Id be ripping someone's arm off and shoving it up there butt crack. The only way to lose and wreck a car like that is if they have been f a n n y i n g about with, going for a MOT they say?? What at warp speed?? Mmmmmm!!

In fact im down next week seeing Ryan to get mine mapped, lets go kick some Ass :eyebrows:

Really gutted for you :(

Just when it was all finished as well, not good at all.

It's like someone raping your girlfriend before you've slept with her...

i am gutted for you. that is an absolute nightmare :(

Thanks Dan.

:(

Very sad to see that - I've followed this for over a year. Hope you get the situation turned around.

Sorry to hear that Mark :(

Thanks for all the comments guys. It really is a sad day. I've had the worst year.

I've contracted cholera, broken 5 bones, had 4 stitches, my wife had a stillborn baby and now someone killed my Supra.

Roll on 2010 :(

Holy crap mate, im gutted for you. What the hell happens now, has the garage taken full responsibility for the car??

Id be ripping someone's arm off and shoving it up there butt crack. The only way to lose and wreck a car like that is if they have been f a n n y i n g about with, going for a MOT they say?? What at warp speed?? Mmmmmm!!

In fact im down next week seeing Ryan to get mine mapped, lets go kick some Ass :eyebrows:

They have taken responsibility as you can tell it was driver error. I'm happy to keep things calm as the guys are all good guys down there. I'm gutted and would like to be angry but at the same time they're doing all they can to things out for me which is as much as I can hope for at the moment.

All I want is a new car back to the stage that I was at yesterday without too much time passing and at no expense to me. Then I'll be happy.

On the plus side, there are no oil leaks and the engine looks fine. Turbo, manifold and intake side are untouched.

The only thing is, I bought this car when I did as it was low mileage and untouched by accident damage and in perfect stock condition so that I knew I could trust it. I hate a car that has been repaired.

Edited by MarkR (see edit history)

WHAT!?! The car was *just* finished! This is terrible news for you. But as Geo has 10000% correctly said:

The only way to lose and wreck a car like that is if they have been f a n n y i n g about with, going for a MOT they say?? What at warp speed?? Mmmmmm!!

I, for one, call BS on his "not driving fast". Either way, he's a pretty incompetent driver.

Good luck with resolving this.

WHAT!?! The car was *just* finished! This is terrible news for you. But as Geo has 10000% correctly said:

I, for one, call BS on his "not driving fast". Either way, he's a pretty incompetent driver.

Good luck with resolving this.

Yeah, my heart has been pretty much wrenched out with barbed wire... I'm looking forward to a speedy resolution so I can get on with rebuilding another one.

jesus mate gutted for you. i taught i had a bad year jesus wish there was something we could do for you. kick his head in but wont bring it back

I agree, slagging him off won't solve anything and I'd rather not to be honest. I just want this sorted. The company has been great and they're on top of it all. They've got the ball rolling with insurance and will hopefully sort it all out. I've got to keep optimistic even though I feel at this stage that I can't.