The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Bunny - Looking to buy supra 3.0 nonturbo 93 - 99reg

Guest Bunny

Guest Bunny

How specific can you be when it comes to the car you want an importer to find?

colour / mileage / bodywork / cosmetic condition / mechanics / transmission / age / cosmetic mods etc?

Can you essentially write up a list of requirements and wait to see what can be found? I'm just a bit confused at how it works and wondering if anyone here has arranged an import specifically and knows how it all works form the buyers point of view...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bunny

I'm getting the distinct impression that I can probably have complete faith that mr Jurgen is probably a trustworthy and reliable source who won't try to sell me a dingo in a tin suit ;) I'm just trying to get a better all round idea of the importing process...

Nice to see my topic of the best colour has such strong opinions ;)

Nah - it's black, no contest. Looks the best on us girls too, will be my version of a little black dress ;)

Your so right about Black, imagine how good youd look in your little black number sat in my little black number :D

Sorry getting carried away :hello: and :welcome: good luck on your hunt for a nice supra, beware theres plenty of dogs out there.

Plus - black can't be harder to keep clean than the whitest of white (which is the colour of my current car) it's a nightmare - have to wash it every ten minutes to keep the damn thing looking white.

Trust me, white doesn't show up the dust the same way. It doesn't look as dull when its dirty but it doesn't look as shiney when its clean either.

I always thought white would be the hardest to keep clean, its definitely black. Grey is probably the easiest.

Trust me, white doesn't show up the dust the same way. It doesn't look as dull when its dirty but it doesn't look as shiney when its clean either.

I always thought white would be the hardest to keep clean, its definitely black. Grey is probably the easiest.

Take a look at the new Audi Ibis White, it looks great when polished.

Take a look at the new Audi Ibis White, it looks great when polished.

Oh i'm not saying white doesn't look great when polished, I think all colours look great polished. What i meant was you can see the difference a lot more with black than you can with most other colours.

All IMO of course.

Absolutely. Cleaned mine Sunday, now it's covered in dust and still looks shiny.:cool:

Absolutely. Cleaned mine Sunday, now it's covered in dust and still looks shiny.:cool:

Just had a look at your car buddy. I think if i had an Aerotop i would prefer white. Can't put my finger on what it is but it just seems to suit it.

As others have said, Jurgen's got a good reputation on here. Your questions are still valid though, and you should make sure you get suitable answers to them before you spank the plastic. Jurgen himself should be able to answer most if not all of those questions. I'm sure you won't be the first to have asked him.... :)

Guest Bunny

spank the plastic ;) I like that phrase - made me laugh :)

I will mail him a lengthly list of questions then and try to get a better idea of the process, I just wanted to play it safe and make sure nobody on here thought they should warn me of anything or had some inside knowledge I would do well to know about ;) I am definitely positive about the jurgen importing idea though, as it should hopefully be a good way to really find my perfect motor and by the sounds of it - with much less risk than buying something on autotrader etc...

The real question would be if the perfect motor gets found and you 'spank the plastic' ;) and then how do you last ten weeks for it to arrive :D I'd be climbing the walls!

Guest Bunny

he already mailed me after I told him what I was after - he said £3k to start and then another £1.5k when it arrives - making £4.5k total...

he already mailed me after I told him what I was after - he said £3k to start and then another £1.5k when it arrives - making £4.5k total...

Yeah that sounds about right. He will get you a minter too, has a great rep on here :)

Guest Bunny

Sounds pretty promising to me :) Cheers for the reassurance - and thankyou everyone for helping me find out what direction I need to go in order to find my very special supe. Jurgen sounds like a top man and very trustworthy by the sounds of what you guys have said and I am now confident that it's the right way to go.

Considering I didn't really have any idea what was best when I was wandering around auto trader supras - coming here was the best thing I ever did :)

BIG THANKYOU HUGS to everyone here! And I'm still pretty certain he's gonna be black :D

Guest horny_devil

hey superstar!!!!

not every 1 pay idiot money 4 import cars!,as we import we know how much we buy carz over from japan! and how much it cost! so call what ever u want chve talk!,end of the day the car importer is laughfing at people like u!

and if u go japan u can see how cheap you can buy this cars!,

and every 1 dont have lots of money to spend lots of people have low budget to buy supras and some time people get lucky buying good cars for cheap price!

so dont be sterio type!

hey superstar!!!!

not every 1 pay idiot money 4 import cars!,as we import we know how much we buy carz over from japan! and how much it cost! so call what ever u want chve talk!,end of the day the car importer is laughfing at people like u!

and every 1 dont have lots of money to spend lots of people have low budget to buy supras and some time people get lucky buying good cars for cheap price!

so dont be sterio type!

Oh dear, can't even spell chav right, not even close. Also love the z's instead of s's as that's not even text talk that's just plain old massacring of the English dictionary.

hey superstar!!!!

so dont be sterio type!

What are you?