The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Bunny - Looking to buy supra 3.0 nonturbo 93 - 99reg

Guest Bunny

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit it's a pretty spanking colour - but still doesn't beat an nice shiney metallic jet black :) especially if you've got some styley stainless alloys that really get to show up nicely. What's really mad is I've already been window shopping the last month or so for replacement bits before I've even got the car - just hope my patience will last for saving up more and finding the perfect motor and not letting my heart get the better of me!

Bah! Gunmetal's easily the best Rach :D

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1731/dscn1038px1hs5.th.jpg

Nah,

Black - RSP - MSB - Gunmetal

In that order for me. If i was respraying a car it would always be either black or a similar blue to RSP.

You have chosen the best colour Rach, only problem is keeping it clean. Black is by FAR the worst colour to look after IMO :(

isn't that 2 next to eash other with a VS kit ? ;)

end of the day White is the best, as it stands out more and let face it white is sexy

:yeahthat:

No way!! Silver paints lighter (I read on here) which makes silver Sups faster. White is well know to be heavy

No way!! Silver paints lighter (I read on here) which makes silver Sups faster. White is well know to be heavy

well it may be heavier as its lead paint, but least were safe in a nuclear explosion, your Tin Foil paint can only protect you from the wind

I will admit it's a pretty spanking colour - but still doesn't beat an nice shiney metallic jet black :) especially if you've got some styley stainless alloys that really get to show up nicely. What's really mad is I've already been window shopping the last month or so for replacement bits before I've even got the car - just hope my patience will last for saving up more and finding the perfect motor and not letting my heart get the better of me!

White is the best Rachel and nothing can change that lol! :D ;)

Guest horny_devil

hey

keep looking!!!!.

ive got mine 4 penuts not bcoz im a trader that becaus i did serch 4 long time 4 good supra!

all the best!

welcome Bunny, I see this threads drifting off topic nicely already

ps silvers the best colour, just ask me I'm usually right

I couldent agree more

woohoo,.. another chav speek horny devil.

Just what this forum needs.

Ed's the new Michael :D

Guest Bunny

Nice to see my topic of the best colour has such strong opinions ;)

I will admit the gunmetal is pretty sexy, and it probably makes number two on my top five list - but black is still number one :D Plus - black can't be harder to keep clean than the whitest of white (which is the colour of my current car) it's a nightmare - have to wash it every ten minutes to keep the damn thing looking white.

Nah - it's black, no contest. Looks the best on us girls too, will be my version of a little black dress ;)

On another note, Jurgen has offered to import one for me - and I would pay £3k now and another £1.5k when it would arrive in ten weeks. Does anyone have any experience of this - how would you know what you're getting before it arrives so to speak, and do imports have the right speedo dials, headlight settings etc, or do you need to arrange all that too? What if you pay your £3k and the car that arrives isn't suitable for one reason or another, or you can't get insured on it for some reason?

Sorry for all the questions - have no experience of this side of buying a car...

Guest Bunny

(This is all before you hand over your £3k)

Would you get a full list of it's spec and any additional mods that may effect an insurance quote? how would HPI work for an import car, or is that completely safe if Jurgen arranges the import?

Will it be legal for driving in the UK when you buy it or do you have to pay in addition to the fee to get the dials changed over etc?

Do you get to see thorough pictures of the car that would be imported for you before you agree and pay the cash?

(This is all before you hand over your £3k)

Would you get a full list of it's spec and any additional mods that may effect an insurance quote? how would HPI work for an import car, or is that completely safe if Jurgen arranges the import?

Will it be legal for driving in the UK when you buy it or do you have to pay in addition to the fee to get the dials changed over etc?

Do you get to see thorough pictures of the car that would be imported for you before you agree and pay the cash?

Best to pm jurgen but apart from the last question it will be ready for the road

Gunmetal would be the best/easiest colour to get on with day to day IMO. I've seen one clean, and also dirty, and they don't look that different, as you can easily see from that really fuzzy photo (you could've picked a better one! ;)).

My car is the original Toyota Black, and when its clean and polished, there is no better colour IMO, but once that gloss has gone (within a day or 2), it really starts to look lacklustre very quickly. I spend a lot of time trying to keep it looking good, and its worth it, but it can easily become an obsession :blink:

Oh hello and welcome by the way :)