The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How lame

jazz1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not from the UK but I am a member here and I have to say: are you any better? Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself how you represent the club and your nation. Normally I ignore the anti-American sediment because I know it's taught in your country and seems to be a very popular opinion spread by those of influence. You should never generalize a people as a whole. Spend a bit more time living around the world and you'll learn rather quickly that your preconceived notions about a place and the people there were in fact far from the mark. There are crap people and good people in every country. I'm not taking the piss, just giving my opinion in a non threatening manner. Opinions are just that, opinions. Why not leave it at that and consider the source. Why the need to react in a nasty way. "Be the better man." SF's is full of opinionated people, some of which have no right operating a keyboard. That doesn't make "them" all bad, nor does that mean that "their" opinions are all negative or that they're the general concensus of the entire club or country. As has been mentioned above, it's a few rather vocal nasty people who give the site a bad rep. Food for thought. Sorry to bring food into it, but now I'm hungry.

You know, for example, Americans like to dress and wear their hair much like they did back in 1978. And most women over there wear their make-up like something out of an Abba tribute band.

You've met most women over there I take it. Clearly enough to represent the total populous though right? Fashion from 1978? This I've not seen but if you say so.

Bit shocking really typical American though, over opinionated and most over weight hence why they loved that car lol…

There's no such thing as "typical". That's you being biased.

tsk and to think we saved them from the french!

This one always gives me a laugh, yet insults me as a forces member at the same time. Lets not talk about being saved...

Just make sure it's done on a personal level then please rather than as a representative of the whole of the UK.

Words of wisdom, thank god.

As if anyone gives a toss what the gun toting, all you can eat, two plane seats for me, yanks have to say!!:rolleyes:

H.

You watch a lot of telly and believe what the shiney box tells you don't you.

Who are they to laugh, the cars their country produce.. with 20 litre engines pushing out 150bhp, cant take corners & build quality that makes a Citroen look world class, they shouldnt rip cars 500% better than anything that comes out of their country. Go buy a pick up truck!

Seems like a lot of people on this site like American cars and often post about wanting one. I'm not disagreeing with you here, but would you say that American cars historically as a whole have a reputation that is worse, on par, or better than historical cars from the UK? I buy German and Japanese myself, because that's what I like and to me, they're better built.

They seem to have a lot of "keyboard warriors" over there, wonder how many of them would be so vocal if they were face to face, not so many I guess

The world has too many.... period.

Harsh - but don't you find it funny the way that American's have to relate everything to food :D

"Oooh Cheese" - I bet that picture's inspired half of them to nip out and grab a quick 1lb burger with cheese :D Chubbers!

Do I relate a lot to food? Granted, I love to eat, but then again, I can see all of my abs.

Talking of Americans & food, anyone remember the car Clarkson was reviewing on top gear..think it was a Chevvy, he turned on the sat nav & the first thing it listed was fast food joints.

Clearly this wasn't set up for Jeremy's purposes. And what would good old Clarkson say about this Supra? You talk about taking the piss, that's all he does. Looking at some of these posts, I can see why you think what you do.

they do like ugly USA supras iv just seen one with eyelids they all love it and it clearly ruins the car

Do THEY? I hate eyelids... on any car.

to be honest mate i frequent a few US forums (non supra) and they are all like that, they really dont take prisoners over there

Are THEY then?

A quote from that SF thread: I was simply pre-empting your inevitable generalisations against Americans (which were bound to follow) by providing some of my own to show that it is often not fair to do so.

Do you like being viewed this way?

Before you hit reply, please don't get defensive. I think that if you actually met me, an American, and we had a chance to sit down over a few pints and talk about something other than politics, you'd find that we have a lot in common and that I'm anything but "typical".

I know several Americans, deal with Americans and am a member of a couple of US based forums and they are all great guys. I can honestly say that at least 0.000000000001 % of the US population are sound as a pound. I love Leatherman, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hamilton watches, Bullitt and SeaWorld. Can we go back down to DEFCON 4 now ?

I don't see a problem, we get threads on here wherby somebody links to an ebay ad and rips the owners creation to pieces, it is no different over there i expect.

Our american friends tend to prefer the stock look to wild bodykits its horses for courses ;).