The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How lame

jazz1

I think that if you actually met me, an American, and we had a chance to sit down over a few pints and talk about something other than politics, you'd find that we have a lot in common and that I'm anything but "typical".

When i met you i found you to be a decent chap, especially since id not had much sleep before i picked you up and was perhaps a bit less awake than i normally am!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem, we get threads on here wherby somebody links to an ebay ad and rips the owners creation to pieces, it is no different over there i expect.

Our american friends tend to prefer the stock look to wild bodykits its horses for courses ;).

Concur. I've not owned a supra in the states yet, but I've always been partial to a stock look + wheels and maybe a different front lip. There was a baby blue one I saw pictures of once in which the owner had just extended the stock nose. I found it incredibly clean and very tasteful. That being said, some of the cars I see on here that are kitted come out really nice looking. Others, not for me, but that's what make it your supra and not someone else's.

When i met you i found you to be a decent chap, especially since id not had much sleep before i picked you up and was perhaps a bit less awake than i normally am!

Thanks for that Rob, feeling was mutual although I was a bit concerned that you hadn't slept and that we'd be driving to and from Japfest half the day. That was ace of you to pick me up in Lincoln!

I don't see a problem, we get threads on here wherby somebody links to an ebay ad and rips the owners creation to pieces, it is no different over there i expect.

Our american friends tend to prefer the stock look to wild bodykits its horses for courses ;).

I concur.

You've met most women over there I take it. Clearly enough to represent the total populous though right? Fashion from 1978? This I've not seen but if you say so.

Sorry if I offended you with my comments. It was only meant as a joke really - that's why I didn't go over to the SF site and post it as it would have stirred them up no end.

As it happens, part of my upbringing was in the US and I'm still in touch with my foster family in MN that I first went to stay with over 30 years ago. I've been going back on a pretty regular basis to the US for all of that time, so I've become probably one of the most pro-american people I know - heck, I even drive a Corvette these days! (And did so about 15 years ago, as well as a '73 Mach1 and a couple of other cars from the 'States)

Generally I love the American people - it's just the keyboard warriors that annoy me. I remember reading an argument with some Americans on some site or other where all they could do was slag off the British sports car industry and big-up Nascar/IRL etc etc - not realising that at the time most (if not all) of the teams in IRL (the premier US racing series) were involved with Cosworth, Lola or Reynard - all of which are British. They went strangely quiet when that was pointed out.

Like I said, I was just having fun - I do think some of the styles I've seen out there are maybe a couple of years out of date though - not really as bad as 1978, but like I said - it was a joke - an exaggeration for comic effect - sorry again if you were offended.

Sorry if I offended you with my comments. It was only meant as a joke really - that's why I didn't go over to the SF site and post it as it would have stirred them up no end.

As it happens, part of my upbringing was in the US and I'm still in touch with my foster family in MN that I first went to stay with over 30 years ago. I've been going back on a pretty regular basis to the US for all of that time, so I've become probably one of the most pro-american people I know - heck, I even drive a Corvette these days! (And did so about 15 years ago, as well as a '73 Mach1 and a couple of other cars from the 'States)

Generally I love the American people - it's just the keyboard warriors that annoy me. I remember reading an argument with some Americans on some site or other where all they could do was slag off the British sports car industry and big-up Nascar/IRL etc etc - not realising that at the time most (if not all) of the teams in IRL (the premier US racing series) were involved with Cosworth, Lola or Reynard - all of which are British. They went strangely quiet when that was pointed out.

Like I said, I was just having fun - I do think some of the styles I've seen out there are maybe a couple of years out of date though - not really as bad as 1978, but like I said - it was a joke - an exaggeration for comic effect - sorry again if you were offended.

Cheers. Always tough to tell what's meant as humor and what's horse$h!t, but thanks for clarifying. :thumbs: Like I said previously, there are stupid people in every country. The U.S. is just known more for it because of how free our society is.

Cheers. Always tough to tell what's meant as humor and what's horse$h!t, but thanks for clarifying. :thumbs: Like I said previously, there are stupid people in every country. The U.S. is just known more for it because of how free our society is.

No probs - in text you don't get to hear the tone that things are said in, and it's very easy to misinterpret someone elses comments or to be misunderstood yourself. (I get myself into trouble with that all the time)

I think it was the 'God damn United Kingdom' comment used in post #7 that got me started.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

What is mighty interesting for me is virtually everyone is "nutswinging" over that Polish supra that has been completely and utterly b*stardised with an awful widebody kit.

Daston & WSB's cars are much nicer to look at imo (this coming from a stock/oem fanboy) and there is no way that Polish car is ever going to hit the projected 250mph now.