The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu done , next stage?

wilkorangerover

...and how much for fitting? plus bigger injectors, fuel computer/ECU?

Yes it's a much better deal if you've only paid £320 second hand but if you're looking at £2k+ (probably more like £3k) for an extra 50BHP over BPU then no I don't believe it's worth it. Better to save up more and go single.

Agree completely!

I was having other work done, turbos had gone, so thought it would be a good time to replace it all.

Really comes down to what you want from the car! and personal preferences on the drive, feel, power delivery, etc!

You still need more than just those turbo's, but yes I agree it's an excellent price and someone should buy those turbo's. ;)

link?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
does any body suggest a manual conversion?? :search:

I would suggest that you explain your reason for asking such a question in the first place, otherwise any further posts would be subjective and be of no use to your situation at all.

Seriously mate, I'm getting fed up of your one sentence questions, you need to explain why you ask these things in the first place otherwise you will never get answers that mean anything (as your recent posts have proven). I have warned you about this several times now but you just seem oblivious :Pling:

If you continue in your current manner of posting you will get next to no help at all, especially from those people that you really need to have advice from.

Some advice: Sit down, think about what you want to ask, take time to write a post (no biggie if it takes 30 mins to do this, many of us spend this long making sure our thread questions are clear as possible). After which, wait for a reply, read, digest then take as long to post a response.

If you continue as you have done so far you will get no help here from anyone who knows anything about these cars.

Nothing personal, but myself and a lot of the longer term members here are getting fed up responding to nonsense threads from people who don't take any time to explain their questions

Arrghh! *homer fails*

WHY do you think you need a manual now? It might help people here give a response to your situation.

However, if you want one add you name to the waiting list for a conversion (and have £2-3k spare), or sell yours and buy a manual TT. It's that simple.

manuals seem so much more fun to drive, and better on cornering, wheel spinning, drifting, and seem a lot quicker of the mark :cool: , i think i might just buy one anyway to add to my collection of cars :)

Everyone knows auto's are quicker off the mark :innocent: And how does it make the car corner better?

I prefer manuals true, but your comments are ridiculous.

Everyone knows auto's are quicker off the mark :innocent: And how does it make the car corner better?

I prefer manuals true, but your comments are ridiculous.

Indeed.

Are you still after getting more power from your car ?, or are you just after fitting a manual gearbox now ?.

but ive come across someone who is getting rid of some uk turbos hehe

You want to fit smaller, laggier turbos? Why?

The UK turbos are not a direct swap for the J-spec turbos, you'd also need the manifold, downpipe and new first decat pipe.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)