The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu done , next stage?

wilkorangerover

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit off topic here, but I agree with Homer about your posts. You'll get better responses if you don't ask lots of clipped questions, and instead explain the reasons behind your thinking. I sense you're a spur of the moment kind of chap, and that's fine, but you need to tell us why you're thinking about going down a certain route.

e.g. Question: Should I get a manual conversion? (I know you elaborated on this earlier, it's just an example)

Answer: yes and no. (it depends on your motivation and aims).

Hope that helps you to get more info out of us! :)

Right i am almost decided of what to do, keep a look out if some uk brakes come up not sure on if they`ll fit with my wheels :taped: (not sure how big they are)

and wait till winter time and hopefully find a cheapish tt6 to start a new project ;) (big turbo at a future date!)

i get bored easily lol i like adding bits to the supras!

ps i need to find somebody locally to take me a spin in a tt6 stock or bpu supra, seeing as the only one ive been in is that huge BHP one :D

and if anybody is interested in mine , i could get a tt6 quicker lol

what you reckon guys?

Edited by wilkorangerover (see edit history)

Right i am almost decided of what to do, keep a look out if some uk brakes come up not sure on if they`ll fit with my wheels :taped: (not sure how big they are)

and wait till winter time and hopefully find a cheapish tt6 to start a new project ;) (big turbo at a future date!)

i get bored easily lol i like adding bits to the supras!

ps i need to find somebody locally to take me a spin in a tt6 stock or bpu supra, seeing as the only one ive been in is that huge BHP one :D

and if anybody is interested in mine , i could get a tt6 quicker lol

what you reckon guys?

Best of luck with whatever you are thinking of nearly doing or not ...or something :D

Why drop money on the car if you're going to sell it mate? Either get it up for sale and head for the base you really want (a 6spd TT hardtop by the sound of it), or decide what you want from this car and head for it.

It's probably worth working out what it would take (cost wise) to get a stock TT to the same power level with similar ICE to yours (if that's what you want), and compare that with what it would cost for a 6spd conversion (2.5-3k). Make sure it's worth switching.

:rlol: This thread has amused me more than that BMW bloke trying to bodge fit the wrong fuel pump into his hanger.

:rlol: This thread has amused me more than that BMW bloke trying to bodge fit the wrong fuel pump into his hanger.

guess your refering to me... BMW :rolleyes: its the same pump all that is differnet is that the pump pipe and plug is in the oposit place or the filter is 180o around in the oposit place where it is held. the uk cage holds the pump in a differnt place, any way its sorted now with thanks to Phil Aka Terminator and I highly doubt it will come loose or cause any problems.

Why is it people get my name wrong every one keeps calling me Lex and I always put Lew at the bottom of my posts, Now BMW! also my membership card came throught with lex on aswell... is it a joke i dont get? Lew..Lex I dont get it?

Lew.

Edited by bmx1lew (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Right i am almost decided of what to do, .....................

what you reckon guys?

Decide what you want to spend. Read up on the modifications you almost want, use the search button. All the questions you have asked so far have been covered many tens of times.