My new Supra/rebuilding Dude's drag car

Homer

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting to be recognisable as a car now, and presumably not be so off-putting to anyone coming to view the house? ;)

Amazing progress mate :thumbs:

Thanks Steve :) Thats my main motivation to get it 'looking' complete! It'll be off to storage in month until the relocation is sorted out.

looking good homer, good job bumper fits well seeing as it was bent slightly, i think you should go for a wings west front lip they are made of plastic

All the mounts to attach the lower lip helped straighten it out, It's not perfect, but should sort itself out once the lower wheel wells are fitted.

I'm not going aftermarket on the looks, it'll be a sleeper :D

Edit - forgot to remove the front plate - doh! Is that your current one Jazz? I'd better edit it out if it is.

Had a ton more parts turn up over the past two days :)

Todays job was to replace the drivers side rear suspension; while at Phoenix the original had been swapped out with those from a damaged car, leaving the following 'bent' items on the car:

- Upper wishbone

- Lower rear arm (the one the shock connects to

- Trailing arm

- Warped hub

- Damaged drop link

- Bent driveshaft (unable to remove from hub - wish I'd know about this before as I could have sourced a spare while at QSD :( )

The brake disc was missing along with the handbrake shoes and mechanism.

Here's how it arrived:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1403/rearhubbeforekg3.th.jpg

With all the faulty stuff removed:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5933/rearhubduringim1.th.jpg

And now reassembled. Handbrake cable was replaced too, however I still need to source a driveshaft and drop link:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6356/rearhubafterra7.th.jpg

The stock skirt and vent panels were also fitted today, but have revealed a problem on the passenger side. The car has taken a hit on the sill and pushed a 2 foot section of the outer sill in about 1 cm, so now the door appears to 'stick out' at the bottom. Will just leave it how it is for now. Too dark for photos, so will try and post up some pics tomorrow.

Any suggestions? I like the way their thumbnail thing works :D

The speed is good for me here, didn't realise it was bad for others

Maybe its just my work then if your ok, had to wait literally 4mins or so for one of those images to load........maybe its just me lol.......

Jesus christ! thats ridiculously cheap! how much did the shell cost?

It was free

Wow its really coming along now :) Cant wait till you get to the engine bit :cool::eyebrows: Which by the look of things might not be too far away :)

Unfortunatly the engine install is at least 4 months away, I'm only building the rest of the shell now ready to get it shipped to its new home in Gloucester. My house is going up for sale in a few weeks so the project will go on hold until I'm settled in Glolucester :)

I'm gonna buy it off you when you're done. How does £500 sound? ;) 20% profit!! ;)

Lol, to be honest it's probably cost a little more than that due to the petrol used to pick parts up, but £500 is about right.

Unfortunatly the engine install is at least 4 months away, I'm only building the rest of the shell now ready to get it shipped to its new home in Gloucester. My house is going up for sale in a few weeks so the project will go on hold until I'm settled in Glolucester :)

When the time comes, if you need somewhere to store it nearer your new place give me a shout, I'm sure I can find room on the drive.

When the time comes, if you need somewhere to store it nearer your new place give me a shout, I'm sure I can find room on the drive.

Cool, thanks Steve, appreciate the offer! Looks like the storage is sorted now, my father has found a unit in an old chicken shed (it's massive, bigger than my house - the unit that is!) for only £3 a week :)