Homer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to bad weather and high workload I've had almost no time to spend on the car lately, but did manage to get a few little bits done today.

First of all the new seats and in (although termporary, waiting for Chris Wilson to finish Wez's car so I can nick the carpet from it :D )

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8941/newseatsdd3.th.jpg

Also did a bit more tidying on the engine bay. Got the last of the CO2 kit out and cleared out the remains of the battery relocation wiring. Was hoping to get the wiring loom out for deconstruction but the rain beat me

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6697/enginewiring12wm4.th.jpg

HUGE thanks for SteveR for donating the seats :thumbs: They're in near mint condition too. Good to meet you at the weekend, lovely part of the country you live in :)

HUGE thanks for SteveR for donating the seats :thumbs: They're in near mint condition too. Good to meet you at the weekend, lovely part of the country you live in :)

Near mint? Near mint!?! Pah! ;)

Actually, I'm curious now, what isn't quite 100%? Did mices get at 'em? :(

Whatever it is - no refunds! :p :D

BTW - someone's nicked your gearstick. Oh- hang on -ah yes.... no gearBOX yet. duh.

Hope you get moved soon matey, look forward to seeing you make an appearance at a few meets once you do! :)

Haha, okay then they're mint :D They're in superb condition and no mice damage. There is a little water staining on the drivers bolster but that'll come out with a bit of a scrub.

Thanks again Steve, much appreciated and very generous of you :thumbs:

The generosity of club members never ceases to amaze me, so thanks to everyone who's been involved :)

Total spend so far remains at £454.98

Haha, okay then they're mint :D They're in superb condition and no mice damage. There is a little water staining on the drivers bolster but that'll come out with a bit of a scrub.

Hmm - I don't remember seeing that when they were in the car.... I'd suspect a leaking garage except a) it's not and b) they were wrapped in plastic anyway, lol. I must never have noticed, so sorry about that. At least it isn't a big deal to sort. :)

Thanks again Steve, much appreciated and very generous of you :thumbs:

No worries mate - I'm just repaying your tech advice I've had in the past (and may need more of in the future :innocent: lol)

Another little update...

Removed the engine wiring loom so I can start dissecting it :D

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8355/21image000jt1.th.jpg

Also started fitting the PAS cooler pipes, didn't have time to remove the AC compressor (damn, those things are heavy!!). Once these are done the car is ready for the new engine :cool:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5533/21image001sw2.th.jpg

Still waiting for a few bits to become available from other projects (prop, driveshafts, wing mirors, interior carpet...) but I now have pretty much everything except the diff, engine and gearbox.

What diff setup are you thinking of going with bud, cat see a auto tt diff lasting 2 min with a manual big yank lump.

Thats a good point :)

A02B (Auto LSD) on initial setup. It's a bit of a concern too and will be a weak point. I know it's going to have to be changed at a later stage, so provided the crown wheel stands up to it and the gear ratio's work out the TRD one will be going in. Thats a long way off though!

A02B (Auto LSD) on initial setup. It's a bit of a concern too and will be a weak point. I know it's going to have to be changed at a later stage, so provided the crown wheel stands up to it and the gear ratio's work out the TRD one will be going in. Thats a long way off though!

How about the large casing Torsen diff from my RZ-S which has just been removed ;)

You keeping the car the same colour mate ? Whilst the engine bay is so empty, I personally would spray the bay black - makes the engine stand out better when it's done, especially as this is gonna be something special ;)

I have no plans to do anything with the body to be honest! It's in a bad state at the moment, every panel on the shell is dented, some very badly. It would need a complete overhaul and repaint to make it anywhere near decent and I'm not sure it's worth it on a Cat D. It would be far cheaper to transfer everything to a decent doner.

I like the 'shed' look anyway :D Saves worrying about it getting dinged/scratched!