The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry but it's a what's it worth thread. TT6 was an Na 5-speed, heavily modified

DodgyRog

I am very seriously considering selling the Supra and have no idea how to value it, so asking for some feedback

Loads of pics etc here https://www.facebook.com/dodgyrogsupra/ for those that don't know my Supra

or build thread here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244206-How-it-got-from-Stock-N-A-to-Wide-TRD-TT-BPU-Pic-Heavy

Mileage is just over 100k on the clock, but not much is original on my Supra anymore, so it's a bit of a pointless thing anyway

Been serviced very regularly by me

Condition is pretty much mint, bit of wear a tear on driver's seat bolster if you want to be picky and wheels have some minor pitting, again being picky

Wood effect in the engine bay is obviously a personal thing you either love or hate, but I can change every part back to stock if required

New ish Goodyears all around, would have a new MOT

In all honesty there is nothing that has to be done, but my next thing was to sort the headlights, as they are a little tatty, again I am being mega picky

So how much is this worth in peoples minds, it's such a one off Supra and going to be nearly impossible for me to see it drive away, so I won't be selling it for nothing

Cheers Rog

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Regardless of what it used to be its a tt6 its not a stock example, so for me whats on the vin doesnt effect the price, it should imo be worth atleast the same as a fresh import tt6 14k is tt auto territory at the minute, 17-20k depending on spec, engine work etc etc i havent read your linked thread, but i remember you having it at whifbitz and srd at somepoint, its a sellers market ask high you may just get it

Worth having in mind that a lot of the modified cars in the classifieds on here and in PH recently are not exactly racing off to new homes. So it comes down to is a sale needed or are you not bothered if it sells when it comes to setting a price. I'd say £20k is plain dreamy.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Worth having in mind that a lot of the modified cars in the classifieds on here and in PH recently are not exactly racing off to new homes. So it comes down to is a sale needed or are you not bothered if it sells when it comes to setting a price. I'd say £20k is plain dreamy.

I am not looking at selling for the money in anyway, just I am not using it, so no it wouldn't worry me if it didn't sell.

Prices are rising all the time and I am in 2 minds whether to sell, but just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on the price to give me an idea on what I could get as a really nice daily and a car I would use

As it's modified, I'd say £17k would be my idea of the price for this Sup, but someone looking for something modified or unique might easily pay £20k+.

If we cut away all the hype right now, and take a good hard look at the actual market place, I'm fairly certain our cars have risen in value, but not as much as everyone keeps going on about.

Your car is very unique and you've clearly loved it, and every stage it took to get the car to this point. I couldn't begin to imagine what price to tell you to ask, but good luck with the sale Rog :thumbs:.

As it's modified, I'd say £17k would be my idea of the price for this Sup, but someone looking for something modified or unique might easily pay £20k+.

If we cut away all the hype right now, and take a good hard look at the actual market place, I'm fairly certain our cars have risen in value, but not as much as everyone keeps going on about.

Your car is very unique and you've clearly loved it, and every stage it took to get the car to this point. I couldn't begin to imagine what price to tell you to ask, but good luck with the sale Rog :thumbs:.

You hit the nail on the head bud, hence my post

Prices are so hard at the minute, even for stock cars

Thing is, tt6 owners can charge top money, because importing them is so much more expensive now, and demand well outstrips supply.

Next year the first rhd cars will be legal in the US, that will put massive pressure on the Japanese market, so prices will only be going one way for the foreseeable.

I think I will wait for the spring, as the selling market is better then anyway

If someone comes along and makes me a decent offer, as in can't refuse type of offer, which by the above is 20k plus then I will let it go

Might put an advert together over the next few weeks and post it up and see what happens, worst case is I have to drive it once and while ;)

Looks nice!

Hello mate

I think £18k is a fair price given modifications and condition, possibly a bit more. It's very hard to judge. Good TT6 Supra's are and have been had at £16k and this one is pretty special so a min of £18k for a quickish sale.

/QUOTE]

I am really not sure what to do at the minute.

With the total lack of use, I am thinking of selling the Supra and my Scirocco and buying something a bit special that I can still use as a daily, but I am struggling to find something that suites

I am going to look at advertising it during the show season at the shows for a decent price and seeing if I get a bite

The other thing that is in the back of my mind, is my work moves premises around Easter and I will be able to use the Supra for the odd commute now and then, as parking will be much better

Also Jen doesn't want me to sell really, so she keeps trying to talk me out of it

Let be honest, your supra is VERY marmite.

Lots of supras pop up for 15-20k and get slated for being very custom/personalised etc.

Becuase yours has a TT6 its valued higher, if it still had a na 5speed, youd be getting comments like 5-6k with work done. So add the value of a tt6 engine and box, 5k...id say your looking at 10-11k. If it was a proper TRD wide, or stock refurbished you might hit the 20k mark.

Just being realistic with it all. Kev