The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Official Rat thread!

jazz1

Ok some of you maybe awear when i had a rat in my engine 3 years ago. Well during the snow period i did not drive the supra and it was under the cover. Anyways to my expection i saw rat poo in the engine aswell as the basta*d trying to build a nest under the engine undertray. So yesturday i set rat trap`s which i bought and rat glue pads. I put cheese and sausage on both rat snap trappers and the clever bastard took the food without snapping the traps and these traps are very sensitive. So today i stuck the cheese right in the rat trap so he would have to work for it and wiped it all over the rat trap area. Hopefully i should have a rat catched either dead or alive tonite or in the next couple of days with pictures, if i dont then God has created these basta*ds to be very clever

UPDATE

Caught a rat but dog released it

Caught a rat but did not intend to kill it(glue), cat has taken it

Caught a bird and released it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVlWfJt0rGM

Again caught another bird but no rat

update fox has taken this rat did not mean to kill it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inGTsLyDy1M

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could've used a humane trap, I couldn't kill any animal just because it's seeking shelter.

Using food may well encourage other rats, a humane trap wouldn't!

neither could i but i have no choice before it chews my wires, i tryed the cage traps they dont work

If your car is parked in the corner somewhere, your better off putting the rat trap in the closest corner to the car, or around it.

Bloody feckers will be driving off with our cars soon!:rolleyes:

i removed the rat trap as it is not fair on killing i hate that, so i left the glue on the board, i made a little hut near my car with cheese etc and loads glue so he would get stuck. Then if i do catch him il dump him in gerrads cross:)

Usually i would agree with such a statement, but Rats are vermin whose existence is not under threat any time soon.

Do us a favour and get that trap out!:innocent:

lol i feel bad though i would not like my head chopped:(iv left the glue for now and going to see if that works

I may be wrong, but I believe it is illegal to release a live a rodent back in to the wild. Certainly if you catch a squirrel then you legal cannot release it in the garden or whatnot and I think the same applies to rats.

Just let the trap do its job, and use chocolates or chocolate spread, they love a bit of chocolate.

i do not feel like killing the living creatures although they are disgusting. Iv just ordered this trap i know this one should work as the other one i had did not have a big entrance. Il contact the council if they will not dispose of it then i will dump him in a different area :eyebrows: