The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Official Rat thread!

jazz1

I think JB is right, you'd be breaking the law if you didn't kill it once you'd caught it.

You didn't catch it... It got stuck on some kind of sticky paper you were not aware of ;)

I can't see how you can get into trouble for it, it's where the rat came form, it was trespassing on your property so you assisted it off your premises :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone must have a 12bore you can borrow.. That'll sort em out once and for all.

That, plus nights and nights of patience, irate neighbours, maybe even police interest due to night time noise, assuming they are somewhere it's legal to loose off a 12 bore at all, and the sad fact they're probably breeding faster than you are scoring kills :) Traps and bait work best, paired up. A good ratting dog can get dozens a night if they are in a confined area. If I shoot 4 a night I am doing well here, I can trap 10 or more and lie in bed....

I was thinking, couldn't you wear some insulation and just electrify the chassis? I mean everything else is insulated. The rat won't be...

Bzzz...

It was a trick for catching mouses in a big listed mansion we had as an office when we worked there. Mice (and possibly rats) are very habitual, they will walk the same path to and from a common set of locations. If you can locate droppings and find them a few days in a row you know the vermin passes by there. A few strips of wire across the floor/path and a decent current I was told killed them (possibly more humane than a 12-bore or a snap-trap).

Anyway what's all this talk of 12-bore? Why not 8 or 6-bore eh? Or ask some of our friends here in the army for a flash grenade :D

• 3 weeks later...

listen bud kill the damn thing in which ever way necessary, when its bitten through all your cables and your car blows up in your face i think you would want to kill it. my best kill was with a tennis racket. cant stand these dirty filthy things, they spread diseases and illness, so if you kill it your doing mankind a favour! otherwise go get yourself a cat, not a kitten it will get beats but a proper cat and watch your rats disappear.

Maybe you have an intelligent strain of rats in your area? Ratus Sapiens?

My ex GF had a pet rat, and after overcoming my initial disgust, I found it to be a very affectionate, caring creature.

Good luck with the humane traps, and don't worry too much about the legalities; you are a ratstar!

Game on, i thought i have not seen the basta*ds for a while but just went to feed my dog and heard the shit come from the back i waited and saw him head to the front from my neighbours garden. Anways i just put fresh bait and ham and juicy cheese bells etc put one rat cage under the micra and the other next to the supra, so fingers crossed il catch one tonight:)

1 down my dad just told me today where i put the glue outside he saw a dead rat lying there 2 days ago. I off course did not know as i left the glue there but thought it was useless and off course he must of got stuck there under the cardboard. I examine it tommorow to check if it is still there and take pics dont wana do it now as im kinda drunk:rolleyes:

I remember a few years back, a rat somehow got in the kitchen cupboard below the sink up my parents house.So my old man whacked it with the tip of a shovel and he cut it's head clean off.

It's legs + tail were twitching for about 5 seconds after that.It was totally gross!! :wacko:

If my head were cut clean off with a shovel I am sure I would twitch for at least five seconds too.

I'm all for the humane approach that Jazz1 has recently espoused, even though he will have the potential hassle of rehoming the rat after it is caught alive.

well update i would of caught a live rat yesturday but seeing as the stupid man who sold me the squirrel trap said this would still work on rats, was wrong. This is the cage i ordered from him http://authenticpetsupplies.co.uk/images/19000/5006019003f.jpg although it would of worked if i had left the original rat cage trap in the garden. I checked and the bait was all gone without any rat so that squirrel trap is useless and not sensitive. I have this rat trap near my supra and i just ordered two more today im confident if i put those two in my graden which is where they come from in the back alley way i will deffinatly catch them as this rat trap i already have is highly sensitive. Another bad news is i did not know there was a dead one near my supra i gave up on the glue but for someone reason i saw him today dead stuck on the glue