The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forced off the road tonight

JackyBoi

This evening I was making my way through a small village on a narrow 30mph road - to clarify the road has solid white markings through the middle and is perfectly wide enough for two vehicles to pass - and this idiot delivery van driver was partially on my side of the road and forced me into the tall curbs by the side. Luckily I wasn't in my Supra, only my Audi with £300 wheels on, but I still have horrendous curb marks on both near side wheels, and if that had happened to someone with very, very expensive alloys on their car I can't even imagine the pain + bill they'd be left with. I wasn't able to get a reg either as it was pitch black at around 9.30pm, so I just have to cut my losses. I find it hard to believe that such idiots still remain on the road, but I guess that's why you just have to assume every single car on the road is dumb as **** (unless they're driving a Supra of course) :)

There are some absolute idiots driving these days, if I had been in the supra and that happened I would be going back down the road after them!

I'm also thinking of a dash cam so interest to hear what options there are, something subtle ideally that turns on when the ignition come on!

I wish I had a dash cam in my audi when a women was I'm patient and went into the back/side of my car when I was stationary in middle.of road. She's claiming I was reversing and it's all my fault. I hope my insurance fights it but no witnesses and me being young 23 and her old I won't have a leg to stand on. Even my insurance seems.to think I shouldn't have been doing a 3 point turn?

Dash cams seem to be the way forward as there are some bad people.on the roads. May even invest in one per manly on the supra and one to take around with me for work van and other cars that I would be driving.

There are some absolute idiots driving these days, if I had been in the supra and that happened I would be going back down the road after them!

I'm also thinking of a dash cam so interest to hear what options there are, something subtle ideally that turns on when the ignition come on!

You can wire most under your dash wire it into your cigarette lighter so it powers up on ignition :) that's what my plan is when I have my supra. I will.document each stage with video and pics too

I'm looking at getting one but could it also be used to convict you if your not driving

perfectly.

How many of us can say we drive at the speed limit every day ? I doubt there's very many

Maybe a quick wipe button on the cameras would be useful. Still, I'd be surprised if the police seize a defendant's dash cam SD card for a speeding offence. For an accident where people are hurt or killed, or property is damaged, then yes I can fully imagine that happening.

But if someone's driving materially contributed to a serious accident (people or things damaged), they need to have a good look at themselves to prevent it happening again.