The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trade Price On parts

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Do we need to be ripping into this guy ?, if he does what the mods have told him he needs to do, and if he can get parts that bit cheaper, and if people wanna use his branch, then whats the problem ?. You don't wanna use his service's, you don't use them, simple.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Yep .. sure is. Still works out a little cheaper IMO but dont know if the price compensates for the suspense of the wait !

Do we need to be ripping into this guy ?, if he does what the mods have told him he needs to do, and if he can get parts that bit cheaper, and if people wanna use his branch, then whats the problem ?. You don't wanna use his service's, you don't use them, simple.

Why is everyone being so hostile to this guy?

I didn't wanna say anything cos expect to get shot down, but all he's offering is discounted main dealer parts that may be within collecting distance for some members which could save them loads on carriage charges for awkward or fragile items which is also more savings on top of the discounted parts.

Nic has unquestionable knowledge of the Supra, OE and aftermarket parts, BUT if you lived near N.london or Herts etc and wanted to pic up a discounted next day part you can't argue would be nice for members to pick-up parts direct.

I did wait nearly 2months for an O2 sensor from HK and didn't get the invoice I requested, luckily I didn't need it in a hurry.

:(

TO be fair this guy SHOULD have to go through proper Mod channels AND pay traders fee as Nic and others have done, but after the firing-squad he's just faced, doubt he will......

Maybe you're right, maybe some of us have been on here to long to know any better ;)

I have to agree. Although his company will benefit (but then it is Toyota ;) ) he will not personally fill his pockets with any profit. But if Andrew has to go through the proper channels, surely the same should apply to Steve Manley or Paul Wheatly if they are trading on the same 'informal' basis? There should be standardisation, surely?

Difficult one, hope it gets remedied to the benefit of both club and Andrew (if some of you who have chewed his but havent put him off :no: ) as another discounted genuine parts dealer, particularly for we jap owners who tend to get stone walled as we're not UK spec :tongue:, is a bonus?

Linda

Personally i will continue to use Nic, since he has the knowledge to back up his sales. Its not like Nic makes a fortune on us all is it?

For emergency parts i will use Steve Manley who also has the knowledge of what parts are requires, with the experience of which bits may also be required on particular jobs.

Steve Manley is a good bloke and he bent over backwards to help me with the suspension parts I was looking into, he wound up the discount and got it down to £1700 :eek: Hong Kong Nic = £950 for the same bits. Somehow I don't think the saving of £750 is entirely on duty ;)

-Ian

Just to be clear and to reiterate what Mawby posted earlier:

Andrew is not an authorised trader here and is not allowed to promote his company or services, advertise parts for sale or contact members in any way to promote his parts sales (that includes by private message).

Andrew is welcome to stay on board for the next 3 month and contribute what he can towards the club. After the 3 month period is up he may apply for trader membership which will as always go to the forum members for a vote.

I hope this is clear for all.

Been watching this, and it is a bit of a minefield, however my take on it is...

a) He is an unknown, and we have had issues with unknowns in the past..

However, it would be nice if we could get Toyota onboard rather than parts managers from the various offices. Might be time to send some nice letters off the PR dept and see if we can start getting some talks going (I know Branners said they didn't do much the last time, perhaps time for another nudge)....

Ideally it would be nice that if we as members could get the same UK price regardless of which toyota we go to.. sort of a masonic handshake style thing..

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Just to be clear and to reiterate what Mawby posted earlier:

Andrew is not an authorised trader here and is not allowed to promote his company or services, advertise parts for sale or contact members in any way to promote his parts sales (that includes by private message).

Andrew is welcome to stay on board for the next 3 month and contribute what he can towards the club. After the 3 month period is up he may apply for trader membership which will as always go to the forum members for a vote.

I hope this is clear for all.

Understood.

Can i just add from a POS scale. You are all customers and are well within your rights to deal with whoever you like. I was mearly offering a service.

I have had a few PM's but if this is against MODS reg's then lets see if i can contribute to any threads and hope that after 3 months WHEN i apply to become a trader i get voted in.

....and hope that after 3 months WHEN i apply to become a trader i get voted in.

Positive thinking, I congratulate you on that and glad to see you still want to be part of the club, If you build your knowledge and contribute where you can (may be hard at first, but maybe part numbers when people ask, no posting prices ;) ) then you can apply to become a trader and the members will decide by a survey.

I agree with the other mods though the proper channels should be followed and Im glad to see you want to do that. :)

I have had a few PM's but if this is against MODS reg's then lets see if i can contribute to any threads and hope that after 3 months WHEN i apply to become a trader i get voted in.
If you have been PM'd then you may reply. What you are not allowed to do is actively promote your company. So is someone posts up asking for part x then you may not reply or PM them saying you can supply it.

But if Andrew has to go through the proper channels, surely the same should apply to Steve Manley...
Steve Manley isn't actually on the forum attempting to sell anything though. There is a sticky thread with his details I know, but this was only allowed due to the majority of Toyota garages/dealerships not knowing their arse from their elbows when it comes to Surpa parts.

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Understood Mawby - So in the event people ask me can i reply ? I want to do this by the book and increase my knowledge on the supra by actually seeing more than 1 per blue moon! I wont look to activly promote but i will speak to Toyota to see if i can get some sort of output on what it may take to get .mkivsupra.net recognised as an official toyota club like the mr2oc. Like i said im in for the long term not for a quick fix.

Thanks

If this does come to fruition then it can only be good news as prices should become slightly cheaper? For basic parts then I see no reason why, it's no different then asking your local for a discount. For more complex parts then seek the guys with more experience...

Don't get overprotective on current traders, no offence guys, but at the end of the day they run a business and are here to make money out of us, so no harm in competition as with any other type of goods you want to buy.

go through the right routes then you may become a regular trader...Steve Manly started somewhere..

just my 2p...;)

If this does come to fruition then it can only be good news as prices should become slightly cheaper? For basic parts then I see no reason why, it's no different then asking your local for a discount. For more complex parts then seek the guys with more experience...

Don't get overprotective on current traders, no offence guys, but at the end of the day they run a business and are here to make money out of us, so no harm in competition as with any other type of goods you want to buy.

go through the right routes then you may become a regular trader...Steve Manly started somewhere..

just my 2p...;)

1) Steve Manley isn't a trader on here.

2) Nic was a member first, and a trader second.

3) Nic did favours for years before being a trader

4) Nic isn't running a dealership.

5) Deal with whoever you like, but consider this, do Andrew or Steve add anything to the community apart from a pocket to line? As Nic certainly does.

I personally prefer to deal with people that are actually interested in the car's we love.

Just a thought, rather than making the Main Dealers willing to do a bit of a discount authorised traders, couldn't they just have their contact details held in one post? It would be good to get several of these on board who can quickly be called to check on prices.

I realise the club does need to protect the authorised traders, but every now and then there are parts that either wouldn't be held in stock or may not be worth while in ordering from abroad but if the Toyota garage down the road is willing to do a bit of a deal it would could save us a couple of quid.

Full respect to the traders on the board, I wouldn't want to step on their toes. All the authorised traders I've spoken to have been excellent, but I can't imagine any would be particularly interested in me needing a new set of wiper arms & blades.

Thats handy for me then as I work in Letchy :)

I just hope you're a bit more useful than your service dept who couldnt be bothered to even look at my car when I needed help.

... and on that note.. any chance of a discount on labour rates? ;)

Guest Andrew Gore EBC
Thats handy for me then as I work in Letchy :)

I just hope you're a bit more useful than your service dept who couldnt be bothered to even look at my car when I needed help.

... and on that note.. any chance of a discount on labour rates? ;)

Definatly mate - I'll sort that out without a problem. Will make sure there is no future issues too. :) Let me know ..

I can believe what I am reading unless I missed something.

Some bloke pops up offering Toyota parts and loads jump in wanting bits. Where is the loyalty to existing traders or sources. What is the point of having a traders policy. What is the point of having a club at all. I think other authorised traders would quite rightly feel pretty pissed off. They have gone through all the correct club procedures and paid their dues. This guy pops and its OK to pm him. This makes a total mockery of any trader policy the club ever had.

If I were a trader I would be seriously hacked off with this club. This is just opening the door to any one to join, give contact details and take business from our traders.

If I were a trader I would be seriously hacked off with this club. This is just opening the door to any one to join, give contact details and take business from our traders.
Except that I've been allowing potential traders to respond to direct questions sent to them for ages now. It hasn't been a problem in the past and I can't see it being a problem now.