The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trade Price On parts

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God no. It would be unbearable. Well, I suppose it would ok if they all only posted in one easily ignorable section.

I know you're trying to make a point about this new fella but he's not much different from Steve Manley imo.

I know you're trying to make a point about this new fella but he's not much different from Steve Manley imo.

I think the main difference is that a member introduced Steve as a possible source of cheaper parts as opposed to him coming on himself and offering his wares.

I think the main difference is that a member introduced Steve as a possible source of cheaper parts as opposed to him coming on himself and offering his wares.

My view as a member is that this guy seems honest and is trying but doesnt know his way around the car yet. (we all have to learn right!) but think of the benefits in the long term, he gets familiar with the car, a contact within toyota who visits the forum and provide prices, a number we can always call or even better email!!

Maybe Andy would pay to become a hobby trader at first and we could review in 6 months to see how its gone? (would have to be discussed) I dont know but I think to close the door so soon would be very stupid of us. Our car's are a toyota why would we want to boot them out the door as soon as someone approachs us!

He has been able to do it a little bit cheaper then Steve manly too on the lights (£9 a light). So prices seem reasonable.

if you are genuinely interested in offering service to members you need to do some reading around the subject, there is a lot of useful info, have a look here first: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=59334

you need to know the differences between pre and facelift, vvti, non vvti, uk spec etc etc.

I have the Epc and you don't need to have a chassis no to get a part :)

I agree wsb2.

Andy - welcome to the club, you are most welcome here. Forgive the cynics, a number of members have been taken for a ride several times in the past.

You just need to learn the different models of Supra Toyota actually built - basically JDM and Export in both RHD and LHD variants. Not recognising what a Getrag box is on this forum is a crime as bad as saying import Supras are slower or only have 280bhp.

Learn your facts about the models and what came with which, there's plenty of guides and FAQ's on here to help you with that - then there'll be no need for chassis numbers. It's nice to have another helpful Toyota employed parts dealer on board and even better if you have a Supra yourself?

Cheers,

Brian.

I read this whole thread from a different angle.

Not everyone is an expert on Supra parts or models (I'm one of them) and I have no problem if Andrew is just starting.

I appreciate Steve Manley & Andrew being willing to trade with us at reasonable prices.

My local Inchcape Toyota (Guildford) will not even talk to me because the car is an import! It's almost walkably local (mega convenient) for me and yet they don't want my money.

I'd prefer if we took a little less of a cynical approach off the bat when someone is genuinely trying to help / fit in.

I certainly don't expect everyone who works in IT to be an expert on all product versions of a manufacturer's software.

Let's be a little more reasonable.

Didnt realise i had given you a quote. Last set i spoke to someone about they were £16.33 retail and i said i would do them for £14.80, also told them it may be more cost effective after posting them to go to there local dealer. Hope this clears this matter up !

sorry mate, didnt mean you but the dealership in the link :)

My view as a member is that this guy seems honest and is trying but doesnt know his way around the car yet. (we all have to learn right!) but think of the benefits in the long term, he gets familiar with the car, a contact within toyota who visits the forum and provide prices, a number we can always call or even better email!!

Maybe Andy would pay to become a hobby trader at first and we could review in 6 months to see how its gone? (would have to be discussed) I dont know but I think to close the door so soon would be very stupid of us. Our car's are a toyota why would we want to boot them out the door as soon as someone approachs us!

He has been able to do it a little bit cheaper then Steve manly too on the lights (£9 a light). So prices seem reasonable.

I don't have a problem with that either. But I thought that the rules had been agreed by the mods that any new trader had to have been a member for 6 months before he could be considered? If we are going to change that and allow a loop hole to the effect that we say he is a hobbyist (despite him already stating he is working for a bona fide company) then that will open the doors to any other company to be able to come along and start as a "hobbyist".

As for the prices being lower than Steve Manley, well, most anyone can undercut once the competition price has been published eh?

As for the prices being lower than Steve Manley, well, most anyone can undercut once the competition price has been published eh?

True but they arent competition they are both toyota. :D

The hobbyiest thing was something that came in to my head and I agree that wouldnt work.

Andy I hope you stick around for 3 months and learn about the car and apply to become a trader I think the club could benefit from a toyota parts person on this board :)

I don't think a hobbyist membership is appropriate here, so the 3 month rule before applying for trader membership still applies.

so he has to wait 3 months..........then pay £X's.......to make nothing?

Will he make anything on this at all? i can't see him getting away with 'staff' rates for thousands of quids worth or goods?

If he's just supplying at a heavy discount the most i can see him doing is earning sales commision from the dealer?

CJ do you know what Steve manley "gets out of it", at cut? or dealer commission or nothing except possibly a brownie point and fastrack to management for upping sales?

Will he make anything on this at all? i can't see him getting away with 'staff' rates for thousands of quids worth or goods?

If he's just supplying at a heavy discount the most i can see him doing is earning sales commision from the dealer?

CJ do you know what Steve manley "gets out of it", at cut? or dealer commission or nothing except possibly a brownie point and fastrack to management for upping sales?

I think you are confused here Scott. This chap actually works for the dealership and that is the same as Steve does. Steve doesn't get commission but the sales generated via the forum go towards the parts dept annual target figure which is based on gross sales not profit.

so like i say he makes only sales commission from the dealership.......and the possibility of top parts salesperson of the year blah blah blah............he's not in a position to fleece us or 'make money on the side' as far as i can see it and so it won't be worth (and i would question the need for) this guy obtaining trader status...............

Its all immaterial really as now I/we have his contact details we can do as we wish and like you letting us know a helpful parts guy exists in Oxford, we now know of a potentially helpful (but currently less knowledgable) guy in Hertfordshire too.......which will be more convenient for some members...........

The very first line of the section on traders in the club membership details states...

Traders are companies or individuals who wish to sell or advertise non-private items or services through the forum - this includes people acting as third party agents even if they are not making any profit.

So if he wants to activey advertise the company he works for, then yes.

He is not making nothing out of the sales, even if they are at staff/trade prices, the Toyota dealership he works for is still making a BIG percentage profit.

As an example, I can supply most Toyota parts, including airmail from Hong Kong to UK, plus a small mark up for myself and still beat most staff/trade prices by around 20-30%.

He has not come on here to do anyone a favour, he has come on here to make money for the company he works for and as such should pay a traders fee, if he wants to actively trade on the forum.

Guest Andrew Gore EBC
He is not making nothing out of the sales, even if they are at staff/trade prices, the Toyota dealership he works for is still making a BIG percentage profit.

As an example, I can supply most Toyota parts, including airmail from Hong Kong to UK, plus a small mark up for myself and still beat most staff/trade prices by around 20-30%.

He has not come on here to do anyone a favour, he has come on here to make money for the company he works for and as such should pay a traders fee, if he wants to actively trade on the forum.

You can supply products at a big percentage discount on us , its all then down to how much you can order without custom's looking into the amount of gifts you send.

Besides im not here to annoy others. I am the "Trade Parts Manager" and as far as i am concerned as individuals your all retail sales BUT as a club i can justify it as a TRADE sale because of the sheer number of people on here.Im trying to get active sponsorship from my company (to invest in a supra, mr2 and GT4) and for them to take our signed winebego 35ft motorhome to some of the jap shows or your meets. (i have to complete a business plan and find all facts and figures out). At the end of the day I have been with toyota for 5 months and after coming from a vauxhall background i do have things to learn about certain models, but lets face it the cars are few and far between at centres and who knows everything about everything ( i hear someone muttering ME ! LOL) Im not on commission or aiming to take the P***. I love cars - hence why i work with them. And i can save you money. Someone will have to let me know when you arrange meets etc so you can actually meet me and put a face to the person on the forum. Lets hope that after 3 months when i apply for trade membership we can forget the cinics and that you will all realise that im here for the long run not just a quick fix.

Were all the same each and every Toyota centre we can all do the same parts and have the same NRRP. Some choose to sit and be aware of the forums yet do nothing about it . Im trying to do you guys a good price for your parts. Yes we will get increased turnover, and make a little profit but you tell me a business that will give things away for free and stay afloat.

Most of the guys on here i would imagine work. Mainly because you like the luxurys in life (SUPRA to most) I do my job by making sure TRADE customers are happy and that we steadily increase our business. You now all fall under my remit as TRADE so you have one point of call and one phone number.

I am going to become a member and pay the membership fees , and hopefully one of the super mods will let me know when i can do business through the company but untill then you all have my details and if i can help in anyway , i will.

Andrew :) :D [GRIN][/GRIN]

Fair play, for someone who doesn't want to annoy anyone, you certainly are trying.

Despite being told that you cannot trade etc you stil persist in telling all and sundry that they can have your contact number etc. :rolleyes:

You can supply products at a big percentage discount on us , its all then down to how much you can order without custom's looking into the amount of gifts you send.

Don't patronise me Andrew, I have been a member here since day one.

Your sales patter may fool some, but you are here for one reason to make money, end of.

Condacending prick....come back when you have made 96+% of your customers happy. Oh and you are having a go at a Brit, not just any old bloke that rocked up on here from HK.

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Thats not the aim to be Condacending , im simply saying import parts are going to be cheaper as tax etc is different over there . And that i have been stung with a tax bill personally from customs on a "gift" from the us.