The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trade Price On parts

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, rather than making the Main Dealers willing to do a bit of a discount authorised traders, couldn't they just have their contact details held in one post? It would be good to get several of these on board who can quickly be called to check on prices.

I realise the club does need to protect the authorised traders, but every now and then there are parts that either wouldn't be held in stock or may not be worth while in ordering from abroad but if the Toyota garage down the road is willing to do a bit of a deal it would could save us a couple of quid.

Full respect to the traders on the board, I wouldn't want to step on their toes. All the authorised traders I've spoken to have been excellent, but I can't imagine any would be particularly interested in me needing a new set of wiper arms & blades.

We do, in the members chat section at the top of the page there is a sticky with the contact details for the two Toyota dealerships offering discounted parts to club members.

The difference between them and the traders and this chap who wants to be is, they DO NOT ADVERTISE OR SEEK TO COMPETE WITH THE PAID UP TRADERS ON THIS FORUM.THE CLUB ACTS PURELY AS A PORTAL FOR CONTACTING THEM. THEY DID NOT AT ANY TIME CONTACT THE CLUB OFFERING DISCOUNTS OR DEALS, THE DISCOUNTS WERE OBTAINED BY CLUB MEMBERS WHO NEGOTIATED DIRECTLY WITH THE TWO DEALERS CONCERNED FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS. MEMBERS THEN HAVE THE CHOICE TO USE THEM IF THEY WISH TO DO SO

Plain enough? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Man this is daft. A toyota dealer has finally made official the back door deal that has been available via a couple of other main agent dealers and the first thing that happens is he gets ripped apart. A great many people have called Steve for their parts despite him never directly being involved in this club. Apart from the fact that this new guy has personally come on here and said he will do the same deal as is available at other dealerships there is no difference between this deal and the one the other dealers offer.

How do we as a club expect to get any formalisation of toyota recognition if we burn the first attempt at a bridge from someone at toyota even at a local parts management level? I will say this for one thing I trust a man making not even a small markup over a man that makes even the tiniest of markups. I also think a man that asks for the chassis number of the car to be on the safe side is a more prudent man than one that just sends you summat and hopes for the best.

You must also keep in mind that the trader policies are there to protect its club members. If we wanted only discounts, I am sure we could find traders like that and invite them to be traders on this forum. We want people/traders that take an active role in this club, like most of our current traders.

At the end of the day is this going to a purely trader option for this dealership or are they actually going to put time and effort into this club, and not only to make money out of it.

We should we allow this trader to bypass our policies complete when no other trader can.

Personally, I have called a dealer once, I nearly fell off my chair when I got told the price... I will not call another dealer again. I would rather buy a modified part over one from the dealer.

If however they do want make a contribution to the club, let them become a member and see how much the contribute...

Guest Andrew Gore EBC

Guys PM me with anything i can help you with . Technical issues

etc . I can ask the question and if there is a bullitin i CAN'T ;) Give any information out as its strictly confidential.

Same with small faults Eml resets etc . Let me know a time and day you want it doing and i'll see what i can do .

If you dont ask you dont get. :) Im not asking for all of your business from all your exsisting traders people like NIC will be able to put in a lot more time to the forum , were still building our business so at the minute im on the road a lot. But i make the effort to log in to the forum once a day if i can ! when i get 2 min's.

As for only ringing a main dealer once cause of a bad experience, dont judge all of them because of that. We all have different ways and management teams - were not all as knowledgable on the supras as most of you guys but we dont see them. Its a learning curve for us . Were happy to study but surley we deserve a chance ?? :) ??