The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, here she is

Matt H

all i want now is my supra to be repairable

Have you got any pics with the bonnet up?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if the chassis legs are damaged (which i really suspect) then there is not chance its repairable...... Sorry mate :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after the weeks of hard work we carried out on Matt's car we were truely gutted and sorry to see it in this state the other morning. Hope you get it sorted with the police and the guys who caused the accident. On the bright side you walked away unhurt from what looked like an extremely violent collision.

Truely gutted for you Matt. Its hoorrible losing a car you love when its not your fault. Keep your chin up mate. As has been said, start planning the next one because it really helps to cheer you up, gives some excitement and something to look forward to.

That's a darn shame :( But at least it shows once again that the Supra is an incredibly tough car for its year of manufacture, a high speed impact like that and the passenger shell looks perfect. What did you hit, I hope it came off worse :D Did someone pull out in front of you or something?

-Ian

Sorry if ive missed anything or anyones post, feel a lot better this morning, things seem to be going in the right direction with rectifying this tw&t of a situation

Poor supra!

So when you break it, I'm having your seats remember :p

Vulture :p

OMG are you sure ther Fu*$kers dont need a body bag?

No your right they do

Ouch, no way thats ever going back on the road. Thats the problem when you remove the crash bar for the FMIC (which i have too)

Sorry site matt :(

I here it so many times :( why couldnt do-luck design in the safety feature?! it actually beggers belief if you think about it

shame i feel for you mate all that hard work, hope they find the guys, you sure the fronts not repairable? i bet you gvn could fix that, my dads recently repaired a bmw he bought squashed in by a lorry worse than that

Its pretty fooked, not sure if its worth the hassle of repair, will never be as good / strong as what it was jigging the chassy

Have you got any pics with the bonnet up?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if the chassis legs are damaged (which i really suspect) then there is not chance its repairable...... Sorry mate :(

I'l have a look tonight, engine is fine mind

That's a darn shame :( But at least it shows once again that the Supra is an incredibly tough car for its year of manufacture, a high speed impact like that and the passenger shell looks perfect. What did you hit, I hope it came off worse :D Did someone pull out in front of you or something?

-Ian

I hit a brick wall that was part of a barn, i walked out of the car, unscaved, everyone was amazed that i even managed to get out of the car let along be unscaved. Couple of bumps and bruises. I only worked out why my drivers window was smashed hours later, when i realised the bump on the side of my head was through my head getting whipped into the window and going through it!!

Bottom line is, if i ever have a serious crash in the future, i want it to be in a supra

It is a good testiment to the car to see it hold up reasonably well considering. There is a pic in my garage of my old celica after a Nissan Navarro pulled out in front of me. Compare that to Matts and it doesn't look too bad. Not that helps Matt any, but it goes to show how strong the supa is. First thing I did mate was start looking for a new car, it really did make me feel better.

P.s the amount of vultures that have flown in and PM'd me for parts!! lol, im not bothered as its something i might do but jesus!!

I'm sorry but that reply made me laugh and the cheek of some people.

Only just seen both threads and i'm gutted for you pal.

Chin up mate it doesn't help at this time but you still have your health.

Out of order in my books.

Glad you're okay buddy and I hope it turns out okay. Real shame though, was a beautiful car :(

All the best

Matt

I'm sorry but that reply made me laugh and the cheek of some people.

Only just seen both threads and i'm gutted for you pal.

Chin up mate it doesn't help at this time but you still have your health.

To be honest, it not that fussed, everyones said like "im really sorry and tell me to bog off if you want" sort of thing. But right now i dont know what to do, another supra, perfect spec modded again to what it was would be really nice, but for the same money, i could get a R34 GTR, or even push the boat out with my savings and get a TVR Sagaris. The road might be long tho :(

Really sorry for you Matt, it was a beautiful looking car. Glad you are relatively okay given what must have been a pretty hard impact.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Even tho i wont have need for them right now im still looking forward to getting those 19" Kranze Borphes, such a beaut wheel. wish my supra was good to stick them on when they arive :( there was a waste of £2k :(