The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, here she is

Matt H

Even tho i wont have need for them right now im still looking forward to getting those 19" Kranze Borphes, such a beaut wheel. wish my supra was good to stick them on when they arive :( there was a waste of £2k :(

At least they weren't on the car when you had the accident. this way you can sell them when they turn up with you.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like someone has claimed dibs on almost every part of my car now :(

You could always buy a cheap N/A / TT and swap all the parts over ;)

If you need a hand stripping the car :( if that's what you do i dont mind helping out buddy :) im sure you could get a few more of the NW boys round as well

Matt, absolutely gutted for you mate!!

But as the chaps said, it’s only a piece of metal, at the end of the day, which can be replaced! Your LIFE, on the other hand, can not!!

FingersX the Police have a good lead, keep positive and chasing up that lead :-)

Regarding your car, best thing I would recommend is to put a car cover over it, seeing it in that state on your drive, very day, will only make you more sick and upset!!

I remember when I had a shunt with an MX5 outside Ace a year back, you go over it again and again in your head, but the whole event happened so fast, that even lighting reactions could not of saved you.

This is the painful reality, Guys its winter, the roads are wet and slippery, please take care out there. :(

Matt just seen this post & what can i say absolutely gutted for you mate, the amount of time & money over the past year you spent to get a stunning supra just the way you want & now this so sad.

Hope all goes well with sorting out claims but main thing is that your all OK.

Another superb fine example of a supra going to the gate's of heaven :(

Savage mate i feel for you! Doesnt look like that ones coming back from the dead :(

EDIT: I just read the post about what happened, terrible mate. I assume you have comprehensive cover!? Either way, any uninsured losses such as personal injury, hire car, lost earnings (due to injury/use of car) can still be claimed from the MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) under the Untraced Drivers Agreement, if they are caught but not insured then you can claim under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement.

If you want any advice in this area mate then just ask (vai PM ideally).

Look on the bright side buddy - at least you'll be able to get an actual proper 96/97 car this time!! :taped: ;)

:angry:

Sorry to see that, it was a nice soop.

Girls wont wanna get in your pants now will they..............(JAE):p

Im sure you still want me, supra or not :D :p

Jor-El, bet you didn,t feel a thing.;) Whats the update Matt..:rolleyes:

Kal-El! lol, Jor-El's my father!! :D lol

But no your right i didnt! everyone was suprised i walked away without a bump, but i put that down to the supras build quality..... regardless of my super powers :p

EDIT: I just read the post about what happened, terrible mate. I assume you have comprehensive cover!? Either way, any uninsured losses such as personal injury, hire car, lost earnings (due to injury/use of car) can still be claimed from the MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) under the Untraced Drivers Agreement, if they are caught but not insured then you can claim under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement.

does this mean he will keep his NCB ??

does this mean he will keep his NCB ??

Don't know if anyone else has been screwed over by insurance companies in the past, but I have. I used to own a 200sx which took me ages to save up at the time, and I had it for exactly 2 weeks - paid 2k for it at the time. I parked it up in town as I was designated driver! Anyway, I came back to my car later on to find my car was totalled. All the back end was crushed, the passenger side rear wheel was spit in half, all the passenger side was a wreck. Gutted was not the word. And I went to the front of the car and found a business card left by the police saying call us on arrival, so I did. Anyway they came picked me up and I was at the station for about 2hrs as they wanted to ask me questions. Even though apparently they had court the guy. What had happened is some lad had nicked his girlfriends car, picked up some other girl and went joy riding. Apparently the police were just further down the road when next minute this bloke came squealing around the corner, smashed into my car and hit 2 other cars in front. but my car took the full force. Anyway police chased after him, and when he got out of the car he tried to run off. When they caught up with him he started fighting them.

Anyway the out come was in the end was he stole his girlfriends car, picked up some random girl, was pissed out of his head and wasn't insured.

And after knowing all this, I still lost all my no claims, had my car wrote off, got paid out £1500 (minus £350 for excess!) - there 1st offer was £950 minus the excess! I said why should I loose no claims etc and also have to pay an excess when they have caught the bloke and they said it was the way it was. So I lost £850 quid in 2 weeks, was left with £1150 to buy a new car, lost my no claims, my insurance went up and all the the bloke got when he went to court was a 2 month ban and some community service that's it! - Joke! :(:eyebrows: so hope you have more look than I did!