The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dan Turner of Advanced Motorsport / Ji_Kan BANNED

Branners

I can't say I have ever seen a post from Dan. It's a shame it's come to this, any mapper / engine builder walks a fine line between hero and zero. It would be fabulous to have some experienced mappers posting on here, but as all the good mappers are always booked up solid, so it's unlikely any will find the time or inclinnation. Modded engine blow up, on the road, on the rollers, on a proper engine dyno, it's a fact of life. Maybe had Dan posted on here his view of the situation it would have defused the situation, but I can also see how he may have thought he'd be on a hiding to nothing, and it would just inflame it still further.

I sometimes think that the internet web forums are their own worst enemies, as it's SO easy to sit behind a keyboard and alter someone's livelihood and career, without any full insight of the actual facts. It's for that reason I have never been tempted to comment on the actual events during the mapping sessions.

Very wise words Mr Wilson As allways!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on gents. No one is kissing ass, at least I am not. I am just stating the fact that I have had good service from him. I fully agree that things were not handled as they should have been at his end regarding the situations recently and have no problem with the banning. I support that decision but please do not insinuate that I am kissing his ass because I said I was happy with the work he has done for me thus far. If I had received bad service then I would have reported about it.

This forum is here for us to discuss things, I added my opinion. I did not kiss someones ass.

If you want to alienate members then your starting to do a good job.

Sorry if you felt that i was picking at your post Joe. Perhaps I was a bit OTT with the arse kissing comment but I stand by everything else I have said.I wasn't criticising you or anyone else directly, more of a tongue in cheek comment. should have put a smiley on then end. Like :D that one.

After the precedent set with the non-continuation of thors trade membership this could not have gone any other way. As Dan isn't a trader on here thats not an option. So a ban was inevitable after the stance taken from AEM..

I'm certainly no fan boy but my cars tune will be completed the day after JAE as I personally have no direct reason not to.

We have also been advised that Turbofit has severed their relationship with Dan Turner and have done so for a number of weeks.

But as said before members are free to choose whoever they wish to work on their cars, and that when tuning a car beyond oem, that there are risks involved.

Can I just post this in here...I'm actually quite curious now after the above comments:blink:

Quote:

If I was mapper fantastic and had such great experience wouldn't I check the car was in acceptable condition before I started to map it?

In all fairness, there is only so much a mapper can do, its not his job to attend to the hardware....a mapper is that just a mapper.

What folk dont seem to understand is, he is not conducting a turn key operation, throughout all the troubles people have posted up(with the exception of tqts) it has been a hardware fault.

It is a business, he can only dedicate a certain amount of time for checks before it becomes less than profitable, I'm not backing up Dan here, I'm just stating what people should expect of all mappers.

To be honest, I dont think the ban is going to trouble him much at all, he couldnt be arsed to give his views on problems, he can still view threads as a guest, he just cant plug his products through this forum...but didnt he only have like 25posts anyway?

No one has mentioned anything about TF not being banned too, didnt they play a part and sometime marginially more of a part in a few breakdowns too??

Can I just post this in here...I'm actually quite curious now after the above comments:blink:

You can post it, but it may be a can of worms ;)

I have a fair amount of experience of engine maping (calibration) and have purposefully stayed out of this, but I do have my own opinions that I have in fairness shared with the other mods.

However, its not exclusively any mapping problems that have lead to Dan being removed from the forum.

You can post it, but it may be a can of worms

Why because they actually paid their membership it gives them the freedom to carry out bad workmanship on folks cars?

Fair enough everyone makes mistakes and afaik they aint been in the game long but for christs' sake....the pics posted(in particular of Gaz's car) painted a thousand words

I'm not personally attacking anyone/mods here but just curious...have they resolved some of the matters with their customers e.t.c?

Didnt see you post fast enough Homer...then fair enough, but just with JB's descriptions it indicated otherwise...as if to protect members (quite rightly so)

We have also been advised that Turbofit has severed their relationship with Dan Turner and have done so for a number of weeks.

But as said before members are free to choose whoever they wish to work on their cars, and that when tuning a car beyond oem, that there are risks involved.

really, im sure Gregg said that my car was going to be mapped by Dan?

Why because they actually paid their membership it gives them the freedom to carry out bad workmanship on folks cars?

That is IMHO another issue that should be discussed outside this thread as it will only serve to confuse this situation.

Please be assures that behind the scenes the moderating team are keeping an eye on all the traders on this forum, looking into reports from members & generally keeping things as they should be in the interest of all members.

Decisions such as this where members are banned are not taken lightly and a lot of investigation & debating takes place before a decision is made.

Please be assures that behind the scenes the moderating team are keeping an eye on all the traders on this forum, looking into reports from members & generally keeping things as they should be in the interest of all members.

Respect:d

In fairness the mods do a great job considering its for feck all, having to deal with these issues cant make it any easier, hopefully the day will come when all cowboys are replaced by professionals

Respect:d

In fairness the mods do a great job considering its for feck all, having to deal with these issues cant make it any easier, hopefully the day will come when all cowboys are replaced by professionals

To be honest I think its mostly there.

A lot of traders on here have fingers in other pies and are very busy; sometimes too busy to acknowledge customer's complaints. If a member feels that have been unfairly treated or not had a good service then the club will, if necessary, mediate and get it sorted for that member. This is what the dispure resolution thread is for.

Its common knowledge that most traders at times will mess up, or do something that a customer doesn't like, or appear to give a bad service. This is bound to happen at times, however what that trader is then judged on is what they do to rectify the situation and how they treat the member.

Keeping the balance between good service for members, and making sure the traders benefit from this relationship & feed back this back to members is what its all about. Hopefully traders know what is required of them and do the right thing by members :D

Guest Nicholas

I think it's a real shame but I guess rules are rules.. I'd take Dan's advice over 90% of the people on this forum but hey ho :)

DOH!!! She's right!!

Its "N.O.S.E" = Normal Operating Strength / Energy.

ie. the EMS (electronic management system) is set-up for running in extreme circumstances and NOT for normal road use. Recalibrate the AEM at lower speeds (NOSE) and you'll find the relation between the output and ECM during both fast and slow runs, which inturn will give you a benchmark to work from.

Its so obvious now!!

Can I book my car in with your 2yr old Jezzy next week.