The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dan Turner of Advanced Motorsport / Ji_Kan BANNED

Branners

I sincerely hope that some of the recent unfortunate events will not put members off considering AEM as an engine management system for the MKIV or any other performance car. I am sure there are many other members whole like me consider it an excllent value for money system. All be it on a home grown map, we are very please with how AEM is helping our RB25 powered 200SX achieve some great results, soon to be tested at TOTB.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here....

So that makes 3 very, very lucky people I guess. :rolleyes:

I have no problem using him in the future.

:rolleyes: And JamieP, and Private Pile - yes Dan can map, but his mapping skills aren't the reason he was banned. And on the mapping side, it does seem to be more luck than judgement if you came out the other end with a car in tact.

My problem with Dan was customer service and overcharging, which I have not yet got to the bottom of. The mapping on my car may be great, but all I know is that I have been charged for more than 20 hours mapping\dyno time and apparently the mapping still isn't finished. Plus last time I got the car back from Dan, there was no explanation from Dan as to why my car wasn't finished and no discussion about the new problems with my car that had turned up since I dropped it off a few hours previously.

£2k worth of mapping (Dan plus dyno plus vat) and I have no idea where I am, that's why I'm annoyed. All I want is my car finished and usable ! So now I don't know who to use to finish it off either, and I don't know how finished the mapping is, Dan has told me anything from it's not very mapped to it's pretty much finished.

On a personal level I actually got on well with Dan and I really think it's a shame that the relationship has deteriorated, but I've spent a lot of money and my car aint done.

i am booked in to dans next week, i have been toying with the idea of going somewhere else ,but some of my bits are there, and i will see how things go, i just found out that tdi are quite close to me so will be looking at giving them a try soon:)

i am booked in to dans next week, i have been toying with the idea of going somewhere else ,but some of my bits are there, and i will see how things go, i just found out that tdi are quite close to me so will be looking at giving them a try soon:)

Speak to these guys before you go to TDI Gaz..... ;) (If you do need to go somewhere else)

http://www.engine-advantages.co.uk/contact_us.htm

Same here....

So that makes 3 very, very lucky people I guess. :rolleyes:

I have no problem using him in the future.

Me too, very happy the way my car runs after Dan mapping and i speak for Miami (Nick) too. :rolleyes:

Hang the mapper, Hang the mapper, haaaank the maaapper :innocent:

No one has called into question Dans abilities, but it's off when a trader uses the forum to promote their products, doesn't pay a traders fee, criticises the merits of another manufacturers products, and when the merits of the products that he worls with is called into question he throws his teddies out the cot, cries foul and threatens to go legal.

And when he is invited to comment on the forum about problems that members may have had,or have a discussion about AEM products (or any others) he refuses to participate in any discussion.

I'm very pleased that some members have had a good service from Dan, but others have not, which has resulted in at least two engines letting go.

So whilst members are free to choose whichever performance tuner/mapper that they choose, as said before, tuning a car beyond the manufactuerers OEM design carries risk. members should be aware of that risk.

And this forum isn't here for members to praise Dan and kiss his arse.

Steady on gents. No one is kissing ass, at least I am not. I am just stating the fact that I have had good service from him. I fully agree that things were not handled as they should have been at his end regarding the situations recently and have no problem with the banning. I support that decision but please do not insinuate that I am kissing his ass because I said I was happy with the work he has done for me thus far. If I had received bad service then I would have reported about it.

This forum is here for us to discuss things, I added my opinion. I did not kiss someones ass.

If you want to alienate members then your starting to do a good job.

Steady on gents. No one is kissing ass, at least I am not. I am just stating the fact that I have had good service from him. I fully agree that things were not handled as they should have been at his end regarding the situations recently and have no problem with the banning. I support that decision but please do not insinuate that I am kissing his ass because I said I was happy with the work he has done for me thus far. If I had received bad service then I would have reported about it.

This forum is here for us to discuss things, I added my opinion. I did not kiss someones ass.

If you want to alienate members then your starting to do a good job.

any update on the car asslicker :p:d sorry joe hard to resist that one

I know this was in jest, but it's possibly not in the best taste.

I think we all want to just calm things down and be a bit more of a CLUB again.

Yeah, funny that. When I had nothing but good dealings with an ex-trader I remember the fanboi comments well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, funny that. When I had nothing but good dealings with an ex-trader I remember the fanboi comments well. :rolleyes:

Dude I'm not having a go...I just don't want someone taking the joke the wrong way and bitching at you. :)

Class One is a mod so I'm not going to correct him :p ;) :D

I know this was in jest, but it's possibly not in the best taste.

I think we all want to just calm things down and be a bit more of a CLUB again.

Here Here

I did not ever want to see anyone banned. Any member who has a great deal of knowledge in any system is valuable, any member who has knowledge in a system I own is even more so !

I would have very much liked to have seen an open discussion on the reasons for the failure of my engine, I would have very much wanted to see opinions on what went wrong from BOTH sides, as this did not happen it became very one sided and is the reason I have stayed out of the threads for the most part, only providing FACTS and pictures to what had happened to the best of my knowledge, if the failure was just one of those things then I accept that, thats the risk we all take for pushing the cars to the higher limit, if there was something that could have avoided what happened I would also liked to have found out.I never intended to do my mods on a low budget and was not looking for cheap options, I wanted and have always gone with the best advice at the time hence to move to AEM etc

I have never suggested AEM was to blame for the failure but would have liked AEM to have been more directly involved in the forum that lets fact it spends a lot of money with them and has many cars using their product IMO

I have a new engine now and the car will be back on the road by the middle of August all being well and I can put this saga behind me as more lessons learnt, so lets get some late summer meets organized and allow me to show it off a little before the winter comes :)

Here Here

I did not ever want to see anyone banned. Any member who has a great deal of knowledge in any system is valuable, any member who has knowledge in a system I own is even more so !

I would have very much liked to have seen an open discussion on the reasons for the failure of my engine, I would have very much wanted to see opinions on what went wrong from BOTH sides, as this did not happen it became very one sided and is the reason I have stayed out of the threads for the most part, only providing FACTS and pictures to what had happened to the best of my knowledge, if the failure was just one of those things then I accept that, thats the risk we all take for pushing the cars to the higher limit, if there was something that could have avoided what happened I would also liked to have found out.I never intended to do my mods on a low budget and was not looking for cheap options, I wanted and have always gone with the best advice at the time hence to move to AEM etc

I have never suggested AEM was to blame for the failure but would have liked AEM to have been more directly involved in the forum that lets fact it spends a lot of money with them and has many cars using their product IMO

I have a new engine now and the car will be back on the road by the middle of August all being well and I can put this saga behind me as more lessons learnt, so lets get some late summer meets organized and allow me to show it off a little before the winter comes :)

I agree with what you say about keeping members with a great deal of knowledge, but I have not seen Dan posting much with regards to helping other members. I only saw him "pimping" his products and services and slagging off hs competitors.

I can't say I have ever seen a post from Dan. It's a shame it's come to this, any mapper / engine builder walks a fine line between hero and zero. It would be fabulous to have some experienced mappers posting on here, but as all the good mappers are always booked up solid, so it's unlikely any will find the time or inclination. Modded engines blow up, on the road, on the rollers, on a proper engine dyno, it's a fact of life. Maybe had Dan posted on here his view of the situation it would have defused the situation, but I can also see how he may have thought he'd be on a hiding to nothing, and it would just inflame it still further.

I sometimes think that the internet web forums are their own worst enemies, as it's SO easy to sit behind a keyboard and alter someone's livelihood and career, without any full insight of the actual facts. It's for that reason I have never been tempted to comment on the actual events during the mapping sessions.