The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring

attilauk

Simon

If that same event is on the 25th (Friday) would that mean travelling down on teh Thursday night and staying on the Friday, Saturday and travelling back on the Sunday? Is that what we did last time? :blink:

We are travelling down on Wednesday Col this time - from Hull.

Coming back Sunday night.

Gaz.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was fri-mon last time. It was a bank hol weekend I *think* Pretty sure I took a 1/2 day on Fri.

The 25th is Good Friday, so it's a bank holiday. We went on the Thursday and were at the 'ring on the Friday I think - that's why all the petrol stations seemed to be closed when we had the fuel crisis!

What's the feeling then? Do we want to go that weekend again or some other time? Not sure whether I would prefer a date when it's not so busy or go to the meet...

I'm going to go (confirmed dates allowing that is) on the weekend of 20/21/22/23 of May. That will be drive down on the Friday and then return on the Monday.

I've got a group of friends that will be travelling with me. If this date is confirmed as being an open weekend for the ring, anyone is more than welcome to join us, however, we'll not be changing routes or anything like that, so you'll have to accomodate us, so to speak.

If anyone wants to hook up with us, either for the drive down, on a particular day when we're there, or on the return trip your more than welcome, again though, we'll not be changing routes or crossings etc, otherwise it's too much of a pain to make sure everyone is happy.

As soon as the nurburgring comfirm dates, I'll post up with times/routes and crossings.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I can't read german....

That date of 20 to 23 May sounds good for me also T-License. I haven't made any plans for crossing arragements yet but its guarenteed I'll be going for the cheapest/quickest option.

What about making a designated meet-up place for everyone as soon as they get into europe? Then people can make their own crossing plans and just simlpy meet up for the drive to Germany?

Also if people post up which crossing and when, there could be a get together of mini-groups on the way there etc.

I can't read german....

That date of 20 to 23 May sounds good for me also T-License. I haven't made any plans for crossing arragements yet but its guarenteed I'll be going for the cheapest/quickest option.

What about making a designated meet-up place for everyone as soon as they get into europe? Then people can make their own crossing plans and just simlpy meet up for the drive to Germany?

Also if people post up which crossing and when, there could be a get together of mini-groups on the way there etc.

errrr...japfest is the 21st May

hmmm... choice between Japfest and the Nurburgring?...... you know which one I'm going to choose !! :)

But as I've mentioned I've not made any definite plans.... I would like to go on a weekend when there are going to be a lot of other UK Supra guys over there.

What we'd do is probably the Friday, sat and sunday, coming back on the monday, as we did last year, worked out well.

I'll speak to my friend whos organising the visit to see if he can book extra spaces at the place we might be staying at, or get some room rates at least :)

I'm going to go (confirmed dates allowing that is) on the weekend of 20/21/22/23 of May. That will be drive down on the Friday and then return on the Monday.

I've got a group of friends that will be travelling with me. If this date is confirmed as being an open weekend for the ring, anyone is more than welcome to join us, however, we'll not be changing routes or anything like that, so you'll have to accomodate us, so to speak.

If anyone wants to hook up with us, either for the drive down, on a particular day when we're there, or on the return trip your more than welcome, again though, we'll not be changing routes or crossings etc, otherwise it's too much of a pain to make sure everyone is happy.

As soon as the nurburgring comfirm dates, I'll post up with times/routes and crossings.

Regards

OK I've revised the date for this. We're going the weekend before the one I posted above (13-14-15-16 of May) The reason being that on the weekend I posted above the circuit is only open from 1 oclock. So there may well be more traffic in the afternoon, and seeing as we have a few ring newbies (myself included) we'd rather go for a potentially quieter weekend.

The good news is, it means it doesn't clash with Japfest. :woot:

The crossings we're looking at are with Hoverspeed (sea-cat) leaving dover ay 10:00 am on the friday and the return leaving calais at something like 17:45 on the Monday. The cost each way are £69 each way. There's currently 3 cars definite and 2 more potential. I'm going to start looking for b+b's so if anyone has got any suggestions they would be gratefully recieved. I'm planning on making bookings at the end of the month.

Looks like I've found a hotel:-

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/

So if we say £140 for the crossings, £160 for a twin room you'll be looking at £300+plus fuel and lappage (14 euros/lap) per car.

As mentioned above I'll be making bookings end of March.

Woah thats expensive.

£95 for crossing here, much cheaper rooms too. 160! Where are you staying, the hilton!? :D

I'll post more info when I get home.