Nurburgring

attilauk

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah you got to remember because most circuits are clockwise and the racing line is usually on the outside of the track and then cut in for the corners that a general rule is for overtaking on the left.

This means the slower car has to move off the racing line and the faster car is then able to carry on with the usual racing line.

When I first started track driving I found this a bit strange but then after a couple of laps I was the one doing all the overtaking !! LOL

I set off tomorrow...... can't wait.

Wish I was going, but I have a playoff game in the dutch division 2 football league and my team needs me. I'll have to hold out for the next big trip I guess, but I'm definitely down. Even if it's just to watch and drink. My supe needs a gang of upgrades before I'll take it on the ring. Jspec brakes are definitely not up to the task and after the power steering horror stories I've heard, I'll plan that mod as well, possibly with tranny and dif coolers. Ah.. the need to make more money to support one's habit.... *tap, tap, tap*

• 2 weeks later...

WOW i absoloutely love it here!

yesterday i did a couple of laps in the evening, i was on track with a Bentley Turbo R, 2 Ferarri 550 Marinello's, more Porsche GT3's that you could shake a sh1tty stick at and a Carrera GT :ecstatic: not to mention the millions of bikes, stripped out golfs and a coach

the track is incredible too, it has a totally different feeling to any other track i have been to, everyone is friendly and will get out of your way if you are going faster than them. it is a bit scary in places though, especially if you aren't sure where you are, but it is amazing fun

GT4 really doesn't do it justice, it is a brilliant simulation of it but it doesn't capture just how dramatic the bumps and camber changes are! the karusell is absoloutely massive in real life, gt4 makes it seem a bit small in comparison.

i am definately going to make this a regular thing, maybe even 2 or 3 times a year :D