The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring

attilauk

Guest Gunmetal
Woah thats expensive.

£95 for crossing here, much cheaper rooms too. 160! Where are you staying, the hilton!? :D

I'll post more info when I get home.

As far as hotels and position it is the Hilton :D I stoped there 2 years ago when i tuk the R around To get up in the morning sit on the balcony and look at them coming down that hill is WORTH EVERY EURO, Thats the only reason we never went last year coz it was fully booked, he will even let you use the garages there for repaires :rolleyes:

Stu

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah thats expensive.

£95 for crossing here, much cheaper rooms too. 160! Where are you staying, the hilton!? :D

I'll post more info when I get home.

If there's a cheaper way of crossing them I'm definitely interested. :thumbs:

I'm quite keen to go for this hotel, because to be honest it'll be the bollox waking upp and watching some motors caning around the circuit from the balcony.

In fact I'll give them a shout now and find out what availability is like....

Is that the place in Adaenau, by the bridge/2nd entrance? thats a cool place 4 sure if it is the same one as Im thinking.

The guy who I may be going with in June, is trying to organise a trip 25/26th weekend, and we maybe staying in apartments costing 30-40 euros a night. This place is only 5 kms /3 miles from the track so it would be dead easy to come and go etc.

Its a shame we seem to be wanting to go on different weekends, It would be great to go with a gang of Supras. Although being the only one there is kinda special sometimes :)

Looks like I've found a hotel:-

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/

So if we say £140 for the crossings, £160 for a twin room you'll be looking at £300+plus fuel and lappage (14 euros/lap) per car.

As mentioned above I'll be making bookings end of March.

Just got a reply. They're all booked up. Bugger.

Bobbeh have you got contact details of where you're staying?

Cheers?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep 13th-16th May 2005.

Drive over on Friday, looks like we're going to stay in Kablenz (sp?) then Saturday and Sunday blasting the ring :eyebrows: then back home on Monday.

Hopefully I should know if we have a place to stay tomorrow. As soon as I know if they have spare rooms I'll post up the contact details and let whoever wants to go book their own rooms.

We're getting well up for this at work. :tempted:

Your more than welcome to come on the mid-may trip. All I'm doing is posting details of where and when I'm going and then it's up to the individuals to sort themselves. It's much easier this way than one person running around trying to organise everyone.

But yeah, if you want to come along then help yourselves! :woot:

I am deffo booked up for June 24-27th.

There are about 20 of us going, bikers, some RX7's a VX220 and a few other cars, staying 5kms from the track. Should be a hoot.

As said before, if anyone else wants to tag along they're more than welcome.

Just got my hotel room booked for our trip in June .... yipee!

Gaz : Will you be taking your Supra if you come along for your second visit to the 'ring' ?

Bobbeh : that good english speaking German girl also works on Wednesdays :)

Gaz, we're taking a 6am ferry,. Friday morning from Dover, driving across to Calais stopping a few times on the way, as a lot of the gang will be bikers they'll require frequent stops.

We have a place about 5kms from the Ring, I've not been there before but my m8 booking it all assures me its great, especially good value. If you want details, contact myself or Aron, presuming he still has them ;)

Gaz, drag Kev with ya, I wanna see his car go! :D

Aron, thats good news! :thumbs:

Gaz : I'll be travelling down to Northampton on the Thursday night as my bro lives there. I will then make my way down to Dover on the Friday morning.

I'm not 100% sure whether I'm taking the Channel Tunnel or the Ferry yet.

My parents go to Germany every year, and they say the Tunnel is the best way over there as you get plenty of space for your car. And on top of that the Channel Tunnel prices are supposed to have fallen by a big amount this year to compete with the Ferries. And also on top of that it only takes 30-40 mins.

I am hoping to get travel across the channel sorted by end of next week.

If I do go by tunnel then I intend to meet up with Bobbeh's gang once over there in France. (as they are going by Ferry)

Either way I'll post up my plans.