The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring

attilauk

Aron, we wont be waiting as the group is taking the Ferry and I'd imagine the guys just want to get going. If you get over there before we do then thats cool, we'll have to hook up on the way or something.

How much is the tunnel? I thought the Ferry was cheap for 110 quid return.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's ok, my initial plan was to get there ahead of you guys anyway and then meet up at the ferry depot.

But I've just been trying to get cheap prices for the eurotunnel and I can't get it any cheaper than £153 return.

So I think I will go on the ferry with you guys after all, that's if I can get the £110 return price.

Do you have the ferry booking details Rob?

side note - why is it that if you're British the eurotunnel will cost you nearly £70 more than if you're French for a return ticket? Isn't this unified europe bollox supposed to mean that we all benefit from being part of the same thing? (Well I've never believed a single word of these pro-europeans, and this is a fine example of how it benefits mainland europe and shafts the british in the rear - as is always the case).

Thanks for the links.. just a shame the 2nd one doesnt even goto Calais according to the selection available... and the 2nd doesnt give me the times I want at any better price. :read:

Odd i thought i'd posted the reason why you'd might think of using the second one but i popped your dates in and it came up £68, i'm only paying £50 when i go over :werd:

Keep an eye on the first one though as all the latest offer's go up on their and on our easter trip the southern guy's only paid £55 for their crossing.

Enjoy your trip and i'll look forward to seeing your pics when you get back :thumbs:

I may be down for this. I live in Germany about two hours from the ring. Maybe less depending on right foot actuator motor. *yes, I smell the jealousy, kidding... Germany isn't that great* From what I can gather from a short ganter across a very long thread, there are two trips, one in May and one in June. Don't know if I'll make the one in May due to prior commitments, but may try anyway since it's so close. Can I have exact verified no sh*t dates on when folks are going, how long they're staying and where for how much? I know, a lot to ask, but I'm still learning how to use the site as I'm a yank and you know how dumb we are :blink: . Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to meeting some people from the club. Too bad CW and all the other shops talked about are so far away, I have a bunch to do with little know-how. Cheers.

Odd i thought i'd posted the reason why you'd might think of using the second one but i popped your dates in and it came up £68, i'm only paying £50 when i go over :werd:

Keep an eye on the first one though as all the latest offer's go up on their and on our easter trip the southern guy's only paid £55 for their crossing.

Enjoy your trip and i'll look forward to seeing your pics when you get back :thumbs:

Yeah but try booking the times we are going. They're all really late at night or just not what we want. Trust me I would appreciate a cheaper rate, £91 was better than last year when it was £115 each.

Jspec Germany:

You can have dates from us Friday 24th June - Mon 27th June

If you PM me I can send you details about where we are staying.. its only about 5km from the track.

Actually, we're going here.

http://www.hotel-haus-sonneck.de/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

Are we going to be taking the scenic route to the 'ring' once over the water?

I'm hoping its not just autobahn all the way (or is it?)

I was looking at the pics that the Envy guys took on their scenic route to the ring, and they roads on the way there looked great.

Last time I went, we stuck to motorway basically all the way to Liege, then go south. Then theres about 40 miles through the towns, villages and countryside seeing some cool things like all the wind turbines etc. I dont know if we'll go the same route this time but there was nothing wrong with it last time.... apart from the road from Belgium into Germany :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bobbeh,

Finished reading the entire thread - am defintely up for the June trip. Do you still have any places in the hotle you're staying at? If you have any booking info for hotels/ferrys could you PM me please...can't wait :ecstatic: Just hope it does'nt turn out :scare: Better get some laps in on GT4 methinks.... :D

I'm getting some new Eagle F1's on for this trip... so I'm going to put them to good use on the track ;-)

No, seriously... I'm just going over there for the shear fun of it... lap times in my Supra will not be important to me.

You can't really do a proper lap time unless your fully on the pace and on the limit for the entire lap... otherwise it's not a lap time. (Its just a time round the lap - which is different).

And to be on the limit for an entire lap would be too dangerous with other traffic and in a car with no roll cage etc.

I will be experimenting with the racing line and building up pace each lap but only to a point where I'm not likely to stack it if there is a road block round the next corner !

Hey, Im not trying to make out im gonna blitz the track like that :D

You cant, driving blind around 14 miles of road you've never been down before is difficult. Last time I drove fast on the bits/corners I could see, the problem is a lot of the fast bits of the track where u can carry the speed and cut the time off are preceeded by blind corners and brows, so unless you know this anyone who just keeps accellerating is a dumbass.

I am going with completely the same attitude as you m8, just for fun, and if I get a good time this time it'll just be a bonus... I was only timed last time by a passenger I gave a lift too.. and even went off the track at one point! That soon slows you back down again :D