The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High quality stainless mesh - Sourced

turbonut

Got my grilles yesterday, fitted them today.

I'm very pleased with the look, the quality and especially the fit.

Dont like the badge.

Very easy to fit, instructions are clear and sensible.

Glad I went for the black finish, as you can see in the rather crap photos below, the grilles disappear from sight from some angles, just giving a uniform black hole which is what I wanted...you cant see the pipes / gubbins behind the grille.

Note for possible buyers with facelifts....you have to remove the bar that goes across the middle of the bumper opening.

Note 1 on fitting the small side grilles....the clips that are included will mark the paint (you cant see this when they are fitted) and will be difficult to remove...be sure you want to fit them beforehand.

Note 2 on fitting the small side grilles....take your time when positioning the clips, as its tricky to get them in exactly the right place and once on, the clips wont move...

A tip for marking the clip positions...masking tape and pen as per the instructions, but use the right hand grille backwards to mark the left hand grille clip positions and vice versa, its easier trust me.

As i said, pics are crap...if anyone wants better ones etc I'll do it tomorrow.

For me, these are just right, very happy chappy:)

BTW, has anyone bought these and removed the badge ? Easy ?

IMGA1710.JPG

IMGA1711.JPG

IMGA1712.JPG

IMGA1713.JPG

Edited by Ewen (see edit history)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just fitted mine as well and I'd agree with all the tips Ewen gave!

I did have to bend the fitting a tiny bit so the bottom catches hooked over the bottom lip of the bumper aperture but it's a quick and minor fix to what was otherwise a ridiculously easy install!

BTW the badge will just peel off - didn't even leave any sticky residue. Simple!

Before:

After:

I must also say that Zunsport had brilliant customer service and the quality of the finished grill is fantastic.

Well done Linda, these are now on my wish list defo want a black set, will they be doing them for the side skirt aperture?

Hi

They did a prototype but there were problems with anchor points due to the shaping and the smallness of the aperture, I believe. However, give Peter or Gary at Zun Sport a shout, they will be able to tell you more.

Lx

• 1 month later...
Hi Den

There is no group buy, they do a discount for the club, just mention us and you can order at anytime.

L

Thanks for all the work you have put in to this " sort of group buy":)...any idea what the club discount is? Thanks D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Thread resurrection:

has anyone bought a set recently, do you know if there is still a discount code?

I asked them last night and they got back to me this morning.

Many thanks for your enquiry.

If you wish to purchase ( On Line or Telephone ) please enter Promotion Code ZU041510 to receive your 15% Discount.Any problems please do not hesitate to contact me.You may if you wish advise your members of this code which they can also use.

Best Regards

Peter Langston

Zunsport

Originally the full set included 2 rear grilles for the disc vents . I bought a set in 2007 at Japfest , the set was 5 grilles in total 1 large ( front centre ), 2 smaller ( left / right front ), and 2 rear disc vent grilles. I,ve since bought another set which now does not include the rear vent grilles, so only 3 to a set. Zun grilles supply a fitting kit with their sets that are an excellent fit . Their products are absolute quality.

I asked them last night and they got back to me this morning.

Many thanks for your enquiry.

If you wish to purchase ( On Line or Telephone ) please enter Promotion Code ZU041510 to receive your 15% Discount.Any problems please do not hesitate to contact me.You may if you wish advise your members of this code which they can also use.

Best Regards

Peter Langston

Zunsport

I completely forgot about this - thanks

Mike