The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Progress Thread

jevansio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Jay :thumbs:

Do you have any pics of the downpipe and the pipe to the wastegate that you can post up?

I'm considering getting mine modified so that the wastegate is plumbed back into the downpipe, so it would be useful to see how yours is done.

:thanks:

no probs mate lol, do you have any idea what power and boost are you going to run??

Boost will be around 1.6 BAR (I hope), it's being built to take that easy, power wise all I want is a true 500bhp, with excellent spool characteristics.

I'd so love to photoshop that picture mate but he's already threatened to key my car after the "robo-cock" gag.

Heading down there for about 12 on Sat mate if your in the area

Lol, yeah I'm not upsetting him till my car is back together :D, I'll be down then :)

Todays update, more ancilleries on, oil cooler, throttle body, polished pulleys etc. Turbo now has the pipe welded onto the compressor ready for the journey to the FMIC (not through the wing). Downpipe is heatwrapped with the EGT & O2 sensors in. Nice chunky Tial BOV there too :D, puts my old HKS one to shame. Should be able to hear it fire up very shortly.

The anticipation & excitement is starting to build now, can't wait to compare it to the 996 :D

Got an update for today (no pictures though).

Car was started for the first time... yay :D :D. Michel said it's quiet compared to his, (which is perfect for me, I didn't want a noise monster), he said it has a great low burble.

It needs the base map tweaking which Michel is sorting. It's currently running with my old rad & fans as the AAP fan kit hasn't arrived yet and Michels supplier sent him MkIII Supra Koyo rads not MkIV, but there'll be here next week & so should be on shortly.

After watching Homer's videos I'm even more excited about getting it back, 1 week today to the mapping session :D

Just incase you read bad things about the aap fans, and were worried, apparently their worse off at cooling than stock while the car is driven at top end speeds, but better at cooling while idle, if its a daily driven car, their probably perfect;)

And bling too:p

OK, this may be one of the last updates before I get the car back on Thursday night, ready for Fridays mapping session. Car is running sweet as a nut now according to Michel (and that's on the base map he's put on).

The exhaust has been lifted 1/2 an inch to give me that extra ground clearance (the 4" HKS Ti doesn't give much room for clearance). The new radiator hasn't turned up yet so the old one is still on for now.

Couple of odds & sods left to do (fit turbo blanket, HKS DLI etc). I think once I get it back I'm gonna replace some of the old engine bay items with new bling ones (esp top rad hose, expansion bottle, oil cap), could even spray the timing belt cover if I can get if off easily. Also some HKS cam gears & a clear cover, to make the engine bay really special.

I'm just loving that intake pipe though, air filter is located where stock SMIC used to be. I'm hoping that Tial BOV is going to sound sweet, especially as it's located right beside the air vent, should be loud as :D

The interior is fully reassembled, and once I get the car back I'll get some pics of the defi gauge setup (5 where the stereo were, 1 in place of the clock & 1 in place of the drivers left air vent).

Roll on Friday, only 3 more sleeps :D

Getting there Jay :thumbs:

Where did you get the induction pipe from? Did a hole need to be cut for it (any pics showing the routing)? What filter are you using? Sorry for all the questions, locating the airfilter outside the engine bay is something I want to do on mine.

Cheers Nic, got the induction pipe from Michel, I believe it's an SP one, but he can confirm that, air filter I believe is a K&N one, yes a hole did need cutting. If Stu or Michel is reading this they may take some pics for you, if not I'll have the car back on Friday and can take any amount you want :D

More pics of the car as it is now completed....

Have included the air filter pics as requested by Nic.

Will leave it up to Jay to post any further pics he has..

Cheers!

Stu:d

Thanks Stu that is very helpful :thumbs:

I notice you're using the HKS mushroom filter, which is quite small, I use a K&N cone filter (4" inlet, 6" outer diameter, 7" length), do you think there would be room to fit my filter in the same location? Is there any excess length on the intake pipe you have there, that could be cut down to make room for the K&N to fit?

This is the pic of the K&N filter and intake pipe I'm using.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1420/cimg0002pb6.jpg

Sorry Jay for the :hijack:

cheers

I see no reason why your filter would not fit in the same place Nic, as there is quite a bit of room in there tbh! The pipe can easily be altered with a bit of fab work depending on your own tastes/requirements, one thing i do say is try and fully enclose the area off so that the only direct feed is from the front bumper in case you drive the car in wet weather etc!

Like Jay said if you need any further info/pic's please let me know.

Thanks

Stu