The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Progress Thread

jevansio

Something I am very interested in, people tell me 200 c and I asked if anyone has actually ran 2 egt probes at the same time to prove this as I find it hard to believe that you can apply the rule "pre turbo egts are 200 hotter than post turbo" when so many variables are in play : turbo, rpm, boost, intake temp.

my system is all heat wrapped, and sensor at the top of the DP, so there is little loss to the outside temps. I'd be interested to see what it said inside the manifold. Highest I have had so far at 1.5 bar is 750, and I'm just waiting for the last part to fix up the wi kit.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my system is all heat wrapped, and sensor at the top of the DP, so there is little loss to the outside temps. I'd be interested to see what it said inside the manifold. Highest I have had so far at 1.5 bar is 750, and I'm just waiting for the last part to fix up the wi kit.

I'm sure my max is 750 too, enjoy the surf today :D

I'm sure my max is 750 too, enjoy the surf today :D

yes matey! was a good day.. and so warm.

the windsurfer, kite kit and v power is ready loaded in the car for a trip up to Northumberland tomorrow.. another good forecast. :innocent:

Have been sending mails about getting a smaller turbine housing tonight though, this .95 has gotta go...:tongue:

yes matey! was a good day.. and so warm.

the windsurfer, kite kit and v power is ready loaded in the car for a trip up to Northumberland tomorrow.. another good forecast. :innocent:

Have been sending mails about getting a smaller turbine housing tonight though, this .95 has gotta go...:tongue:

Have a blast in mine before you commit to anything, don't want to go wasting money based on what you hear on tinternet :D

Have a blast in mine before you commit to anything, don't want to go wasting money based on what you hear on tinternet :D

Too late!! I ordered a .68 and a .81 housing last night, they are not so expensive, although I should have a look at yours first to see which one I am going to fit first!

I still have the 35 to put back on if I can't get it how I want it, and then a shiney new 4088R with 3 housings to sell... we'll see!

:D:d:d:d:d:d You guys and small turbos:D:D:D:D

Dude... I drove round a big dry roundabout yesterday, or I should say tried to drive round a roundabout yesterday, at about 3.5 to 4 k and the throttle response was laughable. It's not a drivers car with this ar on... it's a fairground ride ;) and I dare say a deathtrap if the issue was forced...:blink:

Too late!! I ordered a .68 and a .81 housing last night, they are not so expensive, although I should have a look at yours first to see which one I am going to fit first!

I still have the 35 to put back on if I can't get it how I want it, and then a shiney new 4088R with 3 housings to sell... we'll see!

Dude... I drove round a big dry roundabout yesterday, or I should say tried to drive round a roundabout yesterday, at about 3.5 to 4 k and the throttle response was laughable. It's not a drivers car with this ar on... it's a fairground ride ;) and I dare say a deathtrap if the issue was forced...:blink:

To be honest Mike I don't think you'll regret it. Been out in mine all day on a run out to Knaresborough via Helmsley and it is soooo responsive on the twisties, just wish it would stop bottoming out now :D

Still up for a meet anytime though if you want to see it go

• 1 month later...

Update on the project:

The car is running amazing at the moment. Had a couple of inevitable niggles after the engine swap, small oil leak, cheap bling pulleys shredding 2 fan belts & missfire after a jet wash, which are now all sorted FOC. I have now moved onto brakes & suspension.

For the brakes I ended up settling on UK Calipers, 3G Grooved Disks, Hawk Pads, Goodrich Hoses & 5.1 Fluid. Big thanks to Nic for supplying the new rear calipers :thumbs:, & Envy for supplying the hoses at such short notice :thumbs:.

For the suspension I origionally wanted JIC FLT-A2's, but the wait is too long so have opted for the RS-R Sport-I coilovers (again thanks to Gaz for these at the drop of a hat :D). They are slightly softer than the JIC's which will suit me perfectly as I thought the JIC's were spot on.

Michel is supplying the remaining brake parts, along with some new Whiteline ARBs, and hopefully fitting them later this week. Then it's off to Motoscope for a geometry/suspension setup.

Now the car is running mechanically well I've turned my attention to the detail. Got a Momo handbrake setup & gear gaitor from Wayne which is amazing. Also looking at getting a few bits & bobs for the engine just to bling it up.

Will get some more pics posted after the brakes/suspension is complete.

Sorry for dragging this thread up but I'm using it as a diary of events on my project

• 8 months later...
Fixing the problem is my responsibility as the work carried out on the car is aswell. Untill the car is running right, the cost incurred on the mistakes that the engineering company/ machanic has made is down to me.

We have found that it needs re-shimming according to the machanic , have done a leak test and compression test and stuck a microbore scope down the cylinders and they are fine. the engineering company that i used seem to have not re-seated the new valves properly !!.. At this moment we have it in hand.

Iam very confident that we shall have the car back up and running within the next several days.

Going back to business ethics, i think that there should be more traders responsible for there mistakes, this will provide a good learning curve so that the mistakes are not made again. clients en-trust there cars to ourselves for modification so we should provide the best advice possible, if the advise is not taken then i would just walk away from the job. I run a I.T company and this is one of the key formula's in making sure we provide the quality of service / advise required. I have walked away from many jobs on this forum due to "my mate told me this" situation, i will not compete with rival companies on price wars. This is implimented within my I.T company and we have sustained an excellent customer relationship and name for the past 7 years, i will using the same formular with the new Tuning company that i have formed.

else it think ill be calling the company "bodgit and scarper" :-)

Just been reading this thread as you all know mine is in the process of going single too.....was really impressed with this post of Michel so wanted to simply voice my appreciation for the very few traders left with this sort of commendable attitude.

imi

One of the few good guys, id send a car to him no worries.

Very much so, sorted my car out a treat and runs better than ever, went completely out of his way with it all and fixed things that needed doing, no "bodgits" etc. The result so far is astonishing and there's more to come :D