The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Progress Thread

jevansio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mind if they use your 264's in my car mate?;) Doesnt look like mine will be here on time now :( Bloody suppliers hey.

Sure you can Martin, as long as you can prise them out of my cold dead hands :D, have you had any luck finding some yet bud???

Cheers, the rev limit was chosen by Michel, I don't really know why 7200, does that seem too low???

I am not expert on the subject and I just signed up on the board....but with upgraded internals and ported/upgraded cylinder head it seems a bit conservative

but better to be safe than sorry

I am not expert on the subject and I just signed up on the board....but with upgraded internals and ported/upgraded cylinder head it seems a bit conservative

Lol, I'm no expert either :D, I just leave it to Michel to sort out :D

You are correct, the moving masses are indeed going to be lighter and capable of more RPM's...but it's not worth it if the turbo can't really push at those higher RPM's. The GT4088R will be perfect for a rev range from 4-7000rpm and won't really benefit from many more rpm's than stock.

Looks like a proper spec, it's nice to see someone doing a proper job.

More progress, engine is going back in this afternoon. Here's more pics with more stuff bolted on (rail, injectors, inlet manifold etc), and the some of the fueling kit. One of the polished pulleys is on too. You can also see where the oil filter has been removed in preparation for the relocation kit & cooler.

I wasn't a bling person before this build, but I'm over the moon with the engine so far :):

Things seem to be moving along every day now. Todays progress, exhaust manifold is on & heat wrapped, turbo is just placed on at the mo, engine is back in.

Will have pics of the clutch & flywheel in a bit (the RPS unit looked well smart in situ Ian said). The 60mm HKS wastegate was well large :D