The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Progress Thread

jevansio

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it took till the 11th hour to get the car ready for todays mapping session, but we did it. To recap, on the last session trouble with the head brought things to a standstill. Car went back for head work, delays with parts etc meant Dave only got the head back Wednesday, but he got it all back together for lunchtime today, ready for the afternoon session Michel had booked.

Before the results a big thanks again to Michel, he really proved his worth getting the car ready again (at great expense to himself), between me & you I actually think he's a bit jelaous of my car now ;). Also a massive thanks to Dave (Michels mechanic) for working till the end to get the car ready, I owe you bud, and again Ian for his invaluable wisdom.

Onto the results, the car made 496 rwhp @ 1.3 BAR (estimated 622 bhp / 480 ftlbs flywheel).

Dan said he was not going to push it over 1.3 since he was starting to hear det over 1.3, we realised the fuel had been in the tank approx 2 months and would no longer be the same RON rating as V-Power.

I can't believe I forgot my new camcorder so got no footage (but worry not I'll get some amazing stuff on a run out I'm going out on on Sunday).

Dan also enabled the 2 Step for me which made several people crap their pants when they were not expecting it.

On the road the car is amazing, it pulls to the redline relentlessly, the thing is now the suspension & brakes are letting the car down (will have full UK spec shortly from Nic with DBA disks & hawk pads). I should be able to do the benchmark test against my mates 996 Turbo again, I'm hoping to do much better this time.

There's prolly loads more, but I'm just so pleased it'll all done & working so am going to get plastered tonight to celebrate :D :D

Jay

Great result Jay, you gotta be happy with that :D

I'm finding traction about the same as you, it wiggles a bit in 3rd when the tires are cold, but it's very drivable once they're warmed up (especially in todays temps).

Cheers Daryl, I certainly am, the car is mega responsive and has ample power for me.... for now :D

Yeah one or two spins in 3rd today and it didn't do it again, I can't see tyres lasting long on this now :D (even if I don't do any launches), like you say as long as the temps stay up :D

Cheers :D, it's OK in 3rd & up once the tyres are warmed in straight line pulls. I thought I felt it squirm in 3rd until the tyres warmed up. In 2nd pretty much have to squeeze the throttle to get away without losing traction

RaceLogic ...... Traction ....... Control ....... :)

Cheers Daryl, I certainly am, the car is mega responsive and has ample power for me.... for now :D

Yeah one or two spins in 3rd today and it didn't do it again, I can't see tyres lasting long on this now :D (even if I don't do any launches), like you say as long as the temps stay up :D

I want a ride in this car Jay! sounds awesome :cool:

That is such a nice setup... its still not faster then mine :tongue:....we are going to have a good session on sunday , bring on the lambo and gt2....you can stay behind me if you wish lol....;)..

i found the problem , the wastegate v band came loose through the vibration ....to let every one else know there was no cost on the repairs after someone elses cooked up the head rebuild (machine shop) , now i have to sell my body....it cost £1200 to fix this problem....

If you get the chance, could you note which rpm it hits 1bar and 1.3 bar in 4th and 6th on the road? Though you have a vastly superior setup to mine I'd love to know how the spool compares to the 4088r.

Certainly will bud, can I get the AEM to log it to give you exact results, rather than relying on me watching the rev counter???

Certainly will bud, can I get the AEM to log it to give you exact results, rather than relying on me watching the rev counter???

Yeah, that would be great :) I do have some figures from the ECU, but have to resort to the rev counter right now.. it's not exactly accurate - 7500rpm on the counter is actually only 6800rpm :rolleyes:

Yeah, that would be great :) I do have some figures from the ECU, but have to resort to the rev counter right now.. it's not exactly accurate - 7500rpm on the counter is actually only 6800rpm :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know mine is out about 100 rpm @ 2000 rpm on the clock. I'll get some from the clock by eye first tomorrow (if I can manage to read it whilst driving :D)