The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Conversion Progress Thread

jevansio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you boys are going to be out playing locally tomorrow let me know; send me a pm - I would like to see what the 4088 is like with a .68 housing... I feel my .95 has to go!

Mike, I'd be moe than happy to meet up with ya tomorrow if you want to do some comparisons, I'll PM you my numbers. I'd like to see if the .68 is as responsive as I'm feeling

Daryl, got some stats for you, just did them by eye when I was driving today, will get some more accurate ones logged by the AEM next time I hook my laptop upto it:

6th gear, 0.5 BAR 2600, 1.0 BAR 3200

4th gear, 0.5 BAR 3000, 1.0 BAR 3500

Didn't bother with the 1.3 run as although the car was mapped to 1.3, on the road it currently pulls 1.2 BAR so I need to adjust the boost controller slightly.

How does this compare with yourself????

Daryl, got some stats for you, just did them by eye when I was driving today, will get some more accurate ones logged by the AEM next time I hook my laptop upto it:

Didn't bother with the 1.3 run as although the car was mapped to 1.3, on the road it currently pulls 1.2 BAR so I need to adjust the boost controller slightly.

Hi Jay,

What are you egt's at 1.2 on a 5th gear pull??? out of interest.. nice spool.. and what has dan mapped your afr's too..?

Hi Jay,

What are you egt's at 1.2 on a 5th gear pull??? out of interest.. nice spool.. and what has dan mapped your afr's too..?

Hey "Andy" ;)

My EGT probe is post turbo, I never see over 800, maybe 750 after a lengthy spirited drive (but that's off the top of my head). I'm also getting an Aquamist kit (like yourself) lined up to drop them that extra 50-100 c.

AFR's on idle are 14.7 & drop to 11.0 on WOT (IIRC again can confirm exact nos tomorrow)

Hey jay....

Becareful you dont go too cool on your EGT's otherwise you will lose power. TBH 800 to 850 is about right...

11.0 WOT is a conservative Tune, you could get away with 11.7 on your tune and afford to rise your egt's a little especially with W/I..

I can see more power allready :-)

The EGT sensor is post turbo though, which is usually around 200 degrees below pre turbo temp reading, so you don't want to be going over 750 max.

Awww right sorry Nic... I don't read it properly.. in that cause then that would explain the ritch tune..

Yes W/I is a definate must.

As Nic said 750 is max or you will melt something... I would suggest a 0.9mm jet to start off with...

Hey jay....

Becareful you dont go too cool on your EGT's otherwise you will lose power. TBH 800 to 850 is about right...

11.0 WOT is a conservative Tune, you could get away with 11.7 on your tune and afford to rise your egt's a little especially with W/I..

I can see more power allready :-)

OK bud,

I assume Dan will have purposely done a conservative tune in light of recent events :D, once the car has had more miles on it I'll get Dan back to refine the map even further, next time might even get to run 1.4/1.5 BAR with a fresh tank of V-Power.

Good figures, forgot to do this today so just went out for a quick spin:

6th gear, 0.5 bar 3100, 1.0 bar 3500

4th gear, 0.5 bar 3500, 1.0 bar 4100

But I think by boost gauge isn't reading right as ryan's datalog showed it was making 1.0bar in 6th at 2950 last month. The guage was only showing 1.1 bar max on it. but 1.44 on the BC. I'll get a new boost gauge and try again!

OK bud,

I assume Dan will have purposely done a conservative tune in light of recent events :D, once the car has had more miles on it I'll get Dan back to refine the map even further, next time might even get to run 1.4/1.5 BAR with a fresh tank of V-Power.

Yes quite possibly.. and get your egt probe moved though as your reading wont be that accurate..

As nic rightly sad your egt is post turbo so will give a cooler reading...

I think Dan would of map rich as your engine was obvisouly getting too hot at the time... W/I and a fresh tank of optimax is next... :-)

Yes quite possibly.. and get your egt probe moved though as your reading wont be that accurate..

As nic rightly sad your egt is post turbo so will give a cooler reading...

I think Dan would of map rich as your engine was obvisouly getting too hot at the time... W/I and a fresh tank of optimax is next... :-)

I'm in 2 minds about the position of the probe, I know the benefits & drawback of each & can't help think it's safer post turbo but use the biggest threshold of difference ie 200 c.

Like you say though WI next with a constant tank of fresh fuel (will be easy as I'm going through a tank in a couple of days at the mo :D)

You could always mount the EGT probe just inside the tube for the wastegate, if it fails under high boost, at least it'll go out the wastegate rather than through the turbo!

I have mine mounted near the exhaust side of the turbo.. so it should be fairly accurate to say the least..:)

Good figures, forgot to do this today so just went out for a quick spin:

6th gear, 0.5 bar 3100, 1.0 bar 3500

4th gear, 0.5 bar 3500, 1.0 bar 4100

But I think by boost gauge isn't reading right as ryan's datalog showed it was making 1.0bar in 6th at 2950 last month. The guage was only showing 1.1 bar max on it. but 1.44 on the BC. I'll get a new boost gauge and try again!

Aye def get a new gauge for more accurate reading.

What size head gasket & A/R hotside are you running Daryl?

I'm in 2 minds about the position of the probe, I know the benefits & drawback of each & can't help think it's safer post turbo but use the biggest threshold of difference ie 200 c.

Like you say though WI next with a constant tank of fresh fuel (will be easy as I'm going through a tank in a couple of days at the mo :D)

Thats the problem with having nice power.... you go through it like water..... I'd be interested in your worst mpg figure.. i've managed 4 mpg..

Aye def get a new gauge for more accurate reading.

What size head gasket & A/R hotside are you running Daryl?

Actual Ryan is over on Tuesday to remap the high boost area (new MAP sensor going in). I'll get him to datalog the a couple of 4th and 6th gear pulls, at least they'll be accurate!

The head gasket is standard (as is the entire engine!). It's a 0.68 A/R on the hot side.

Actual Ryan is over on Tuesday to remap the high boost area (new MAP sensor going in). I'll get him to datalog the a couple of 4th and 6th gear pulls, at least they'll be accurate!

The head gasket is standard (as is the entire engine!). It's a 0.68 A/R on the hot side.

Same as my hot side,

Yeah get some accurate logs & I'll have a poke around in the AEM logging (I'm assuming the AEM knows both boost & RPM as it will use them in the maps so should be easy to log)

Same as my hot side,

Yeah get some accurate logs & I'll have a poke around in the AEM logging (I'm assuming the AEM knows both boost & RPM as it will use them in the maps so should be easy to log)

I can confirm it does... Maybe include AFR's in there too.. be interested to see your results :)

It would be actually interesting comparing the results of rgt probes post and pre turbo and even one mounted in the waste gate dump tube to see what the variance is.

Something I am very interested in, people tell me 200 c and I asked if anyone has actually ran 2 egt probes at the same time to prove this as I find it hard to believe that you can apply the rule "pre turbo egts are 200 hotter than post turbo" when so many variables are in play : turbo, rpm, boost, intake temp.